Looking for a method to scrape by filename
(2019-10-23, 12:01)chaosgrid Wrote: hey guys,

I coded a simple python-based scraper based on the example python scraper code here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...emo.movies
Advantage with a python-based scraper is that it does not query any website so it works offline.

Here is my plugin to scrape file-names only in a trivial way: https://github.com/chaosgrid/kodi-filenameScraper

Just download the repo as zip and install as a plugin and you should have a filename-only scraper. If you look at the code, you could implement some more logic here https://github.com/chaosgrid/kodi-filena...ame.py#L37 so that based on the filename you set more options for the movie metadata.
Maybe it is just me. I do not see a link any where to download the zip for the repo.
Here: https://github.com/chaosgrid/kodi-filena...master.zip
@chaosgrid

Thank you for the contribution, it works well.

Can you start a new thread introducing your add-on and I will pin it to the top of the forum. I will unpin the the thread with the broken ones.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for the link.
(2019-10-23, 23:11)Karellen Wrote: @chaosgrid

Thank you for the contribution, it works well.

Can you start a new thread introducing your add-on and I will pin it to the top of the forum. I will unpin the the thread with the broken ones.

Good to hear, I created a thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348686
Thumbs Down 
(2018-10-01, 19:25)scudlee Wrote: A long time ago I wrote a very simplified movie scraper that did just what you're asking, but then someone else wrote a near-identical version and posted it before I did anything with mine, so I just left it.

You can probably find theirs if you search the forum for something like "just use the filename", or something along those lines.  It might still work.

However, this is mine: metadata.justthefilename

A scraper does need to connect to an external website, first to get the search results, and then again to get the actual movie details. 
This scraper uses Google search as it handily will return back the search term in a tidy fashion in the title of the page. (The actual Google search results are completely ignored.)
It just pings Google with the filename (cleaned up by Kodi) as search term, returns it back directly as the only search result, then uses the same page (cached) to return the title as the only detail.

I think the other version used a different search engine, but was otherwise functionally the same.  It might even be possible to do it with an arbitrary website, but it would be a little more complicated.
@scudlee    
Hey Friend!...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!...hunting for this addon or something to do what this addon does and so, I found it here.  I appreciate you sharing this. Years later and a shout out to you, well done.
(2020-09-04, 17:08)TheRealKissyKitty Wrote:
(2018-10-01, 19:25)scudlee Wrote: A long time ago I wrote a very simplified movie scraper that did just what you're asking, but then someone else wrote a near-identical version and posted it before I did anything with mine, so I just left it.

You can probably find theirs if you search the forum for something like "just use the filename", or something along those lines.  It might still work.

However, this is mine: metadata.justthefilename

A scraper does need to connect to an external website, first to get the search results, and then again to get the actual movie details. 
This scraper uses Google search as it handily will return back the search term in a tidy fashion in the title of the page. (The actual Google search results are completely ignored.)
It just pings Google with the filename (cleaned up by Kodi) as search term, returns it back directly as the only search result, then uses the same page (cached) to return the title as the only detail.

I think the other version used a different search engine, but was otherwise functionally the same.  It might even be possible to do it with an arbitrary website, but it would be a little more complicated.
@scudlee    
Hey Friend!...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!...hunting for this addon or something to do what this addon does and so, I found it here.  I appreciate you sharing this. Years later and a shout out to you, well done.
Welllllllllllll....I got to say thanks anyway, but this does not do what I thought or what I had expected it to do-it does not do anything above using "music videos-type and local information only-scraper" ...glad to have found it anyway.  I will keep hunting for something that helps with pics and folder structure for only one folder...still appreciative.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a method to scrape by filename0