M8S Pro L 3GB - will it suit my needings?
Hey,
i'm thinking about getting this M8S Pro L 3GB Box. I did some sort of research, but as im a bit unsure about Problems that might be under the Hood im not aware of, i was hoping you could tell me if its a good Choice...
Right now im using FireTV Gen1 on a 1080p TV, 2.0 Audio. Very Basic i think. Mainly with Kodi, Sometimes with the Youtube-App, Sometimes a Game Emulator. Video Playback works ok for me, but im annoyed about the poor Performance on the Kodi Gui.

I picked that M8S Pro L 3GB, because i want:
- A better GUI-Performance, faster Response
- A Decent Remote with Voice Search (No Dealbreaker, but would it work within Kodi as well? Sorry for that Noob Question)
- A slightly better Emu-Performance. With my ATV1 for Example, N64 doesnt work even acceptable in 2 Player Games.
- Possibility to use Root Apps, sometimes i like playing around with e.g. Tasker for Automation ;-)

I thought, as the CPU is a bit faster, and comes with more Ram, it would be a major upgrade to my ATV1, improving GUI/Gaming-Performance. Would you agree? Should i consider looking at some other Devices?
Yes the M8S Pro L represents good bang for the buck, especially if you want to play around and Root it with Magisk v17.x(recommended) Do not use SuperSu.

The decent GPU will be pretty snappy for Kodi use also. Someone else would be able to comment if the Bluetooth remote works with Kodi completely. It should.

However that BT remote may not work with LibreELEC if you dual boot. Anything Android Kodi cannot handle. LibreELEC certainly will.

Oh, i thought i already answered... Thanks Mate for confirming! :-) I got that Box, and am quite happy with it!
Anyway, by now im still struggeling with booting TWRP from SD-Card, to make an Image from the Stock-Rom before starting to tinker with it (No Reset Button, Holding Power-, Shortening Pins doesnt work either,...).
But anyway its a great Box. And i really like the Layout and Quality of the BT-Remote.
This will help:

AMLogic TV Box Tools .apk (click)

Freaktab S912 - MECOOL - hacking subforum (click)

LibreELEC Kodi for S912's (click)

We cannot help you on this forum regarding Android Box Firmware or hacking - see the Freaktab forum.

Smile

Oha, thank you (again)! That looks really good, especially the AMLogic TV Box-APK seems interesting, with its Option to boot with SD-Card.
I asked already on Freaktab, but the response was almost nothing to nothing - maybe too basic Questions...? Dunno. Anyway. I will definitly give it a shot later. Would be awesome if could start playing around with a fresh, untouched full Backup in the Shelf... Thanks Mate! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M8S Pro L 3GB - will it suit my needings?0