KODI could be a solution for me ...
(2018-10-10, 15:04)Sam Ash Wrote: 1. What is the best way to copy movies onto a hard drive for an exact 1:1 copy of the original ?

If you have ripped the media already, then use whatever your OS supports to copy data from "a" to "b"

(2018-10-10, 15:04)Sam Ash Wrote: 2. What format does KODI recognise and work with best in terms of playback without problems ?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Features_and_supp...at_support
(2018-10-10, 15:04)Sam Ash Wrote: 3. Is KODI able to bitstream the original surround sound data to my AV Processor (Dolby True HD, Dolby Atmos, DTS HD Master, DTS X, Dolby Digital etc.) ?

I can confirm that DD, DTS, DolbyTrueHD, DTS-HDMA does work with my hardware (Intel x86_64) and I expect the Shield to support the same. Not too sure about Atmos or DTS-X
(2018-10-10, 15:04)Sam Ash Wrote: 4. I'd love to have a beautiful interface where all the cover-art of all my movies are displayed in a clean grid like format - something similar to Netflix or better still the kind of interface presented by Kaleidescape. When a movie or title is selected, a small description is presented too.

Take a look at our Skin-subforum and select a Skin which fits your needs. Nearly every skin will show a "plot" for movies and tv-shows as that's done by the scraper.
(2018-10-10, 15:04)Sam Ash Wrote: 5. It would be nice to be able to categorise content, for example: Action, Adventure, Scifi, Documentary, Family, True Story etc

That's done automagically by scraping the movies. You are also able to filter the content depending on the genre.
(2018-10-10, 15:04)Sam Ash Wrote: 6. Does KODI have a built-in high quality player ?

Be more specific what you expect from a "high quality player". If Kodis internal player doesn't fit your needs, you are able to define external players by using the playercorefactory.xml. See: https://kodi.wiki/view/External_players

(2018-10-10, 15:04)Sam Ash Wrote: 7. Is KODI able to deal with HDR metadata: HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision ?

Never tested myself, so I can't answer that.

(2018-10-10, 15:04)Sam Ash Wrote: I don't mind buying KODI plug-ins that are designed to achieve the above. If there is free ad-ons to achieve all this or close, that will be fantastic.

Kodi add-ons shouldn't be paid and I can't imagine which add-on you might need. If you might need an external player which needs to be paid, then this doesn't have anything to do with Kodi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI could be a solution for me ... - by DaVu - 2018-10-11, 12:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI could be a solution for me ...0