show library screwed up
I am running with ubuntu 18.04.1

I just reinstalled everything.  I screwed up, I think, when I defined my sources.  I went to videos/files/add  and added movies and tv.  I can play all this stuff through videos/files/whatever but not in the main menu.  I can also play stuff through media/library/settings/videos (get movies, tv, etc) .  The main menu will play movies but will not play any tv (nothing is available even though everything is listed, the info is there, etc).  I went back to the source and everything seems dandy there too. 

This is very mysterious.

Thank you.........................
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thanks for the response................

I didn't send a log because I think the installation was bad and it would make no sense.  I can, however, bring it up.  I went to synaptic and tried to fix it and got:
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kodi_2%3a17.6+git20180430.1623-final-0bionic_all.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/kodi.png', which is also in package kodi-data 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kodi-bin_2%3a17.6+git20180430.1623-final-0bionic_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/kodi', which is also in package kodi 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1

My suspicion is that I should simply remove kodi and make another run at installation.  If you still want logs I can send them to you.
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
I don't use Linux so it makes no sense to me.

Debug Log is what I need which captures an Update Library. Or you can wait for one of the Linux guys... who I am pretty sure will make the exact same request I did.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-10-11, 03:07)jwhitt12 Wrote: My suspicion is that I should simply remove kodi and make another run at installation
A clean installation should do the trick. Do make sure you are using Kodi's PPA and not Ubuntu's default repository.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
show library screwed up0