Kodi wan't run: Missing libbrcmGLESv2.so
This morning I tried to run my Kodi (17.3) on Raspbian Jessie but when I double clicked on the icon nothing happened. I tried from command line and I get this:

Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~/.kodi $ kodi
/usr/bin/kodi: 46: /usr/bin/kodi: tvservice: not found
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/kodi/kodi_v7.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libbrcmGLESv2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/kodi: 60: /usr/bin/kodi: tvservice: not found
pi@raspberrypi:~/.kodi $

I tried to reinstall kodi with "sudo apt-get install --reinstall kodi" but the output is the same.
I have this configuration for almost a year and had 0 problems and now I can't even run the app.
Anyone have suggestion what could it be?
Both, the library libbrcmGLESv2.so and the binary tvservice are basic software components on every Raspberry distribution. If they are missing something elementary went wrong, i.e. some paths had changed or your accidentally removed them.
Does /opt/vc/[lib|bin] contain the files?
I realized later that night before there was a power failure, so maybe some files got corrupted because of inappropriate shutdown.

I had a couple of weeks old backup of that SD card so I put it back and everything was ok. Of course I tested the SD card for errors before that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi wan't run: Missing libbrcmGLESv2.so0