updating library doesn't work - tries to update from userdata?
It works to update on Mac? Smile I would prefer not to drop the database..

here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ayikofotag.kodi
What happens if you install the NON Windows store version?
Uninstalled the Windows Store version and downloaded the 18 b5 64 bits installer. Added my TV-series source (just like before) and updated library. That is working fine. I also noticed that the startup of the none store version is much faster. The store version is very slow to start comparing to the 64 bits standalone.
@helta and @Karellen any idea how to fix this in the Windows Store version?
(2018-11-06, 23:22)mikael24 Wrote: Added my TV-series source (just like before) and updated library.
 I'm confused here.  Are you using MySQL or not?  I know you can add sources (for file browsing), but you shouldn't even need to if your advancedsettings.xml is correct.
(2018-11-10, 03:54)helta Wrote:
(2018-11-06, 23:22)mikael24 Wrote: Added my TV-series source (just like before) and updated library.
 I'm confused here.  Are you using MySQL or not?  I know you can add sources (for file browsing), but you shouldn't even need to if your advancedsettings.xml is correct. 
I'm using mysql and have been for many years. At least earlier I have always had to add the sources as well.. else I didn't have any access to the files. Maybe it's not needed anymore. So what you are saying is that I should only have my advancedsettings.xml andnot the sources and it should work? (even if so, shouldn't it work with sources as well? It has at least worked all these years for me before :-))
I just tested to start en episode without my sources added and I get (as always): Remove Episode from Library - This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?
If I add the source it works fine.. and have always worked fine, until Kodi 18 betas from the Windows Store, then files still works to play but not scan. Then Kodi tries to scan the addon library and not the sources Sad
Something is wrong, you should absolutely be able to play any file without your sources.xml, the links are stored in the Mysql database.  Can you please remove your sources.xml, enable debug logging.  Close Kodi, open Kodi, and then try to play a file.  Then post the log please.
https://paste.kodi.tv/obadifutaz.kodi
Definitely something SMB related.  Did you have any problems with Kodi 17.4 to 17.6?   I think thats when they switched to defaulting to using SMB2.  Other then that, I really don't know what other help I can offer.
no problem at all. But as I'm saying. It works fine in Kodi 18 b5 as well.. if I add the sources. It's just the Windows Store version that doesn't work. It then tries to scan the addon directory. So it takes me to the question before. Is this is a bug maybe? That can be fixed in the store version?
Just installed Kodi 18 from  Windows Store and I have the same issue. Can't update my library with the Windows Store version. It's been a few month now. Anyone??!? how do we get this problem fixed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
updating library doesn't work - tries to update from userdata?0