RE: Pluto.TV
(2018-07-12, 01:21)Dennis_D Wrote: Instead of brushing off everyone who asks a question that could possibly be stretched to a connection with piracy, how about instead we show them all of the LEGAL CONTENT that is available legitimately thru Kodi.  I think it's preferable to get these people into our camp using Kodi in a legal and ethical manner, rather than drive them to the piracy addon websites.
I could not agree more.  There are hundreds of free & legal IPTV channels.  There is also free program guide data available for practically every North American cable or satellite channel, just to start with.  Some of those channels are legally available to stream online for free (particularly international news channels.)  It is totally feasible for Kodi to ship with a Programme Guide that works substantially like a cable or satellite box, by combining free IPTV channels with free EPG data from various sources.  And once you have that working, it will attract more advertiser-sponsored commercial channels that want to be seen on the platform.  So it baffles me how they go on endlessly whining about piracy instead of shipping a PVR client that makes it easy to use the vast amount of free & legal resources which are already available.  The default install should have the 10 most popular free IPTV news channels already working in the PVR client... or at least a setup wizard that would do the same on demand.

It also puzzles me that Kodi has the ability to combine OTA broadcast channels with IPTV channels in one display, but there is no user interface which makes it simple for the general public to quickly assemble a custom channel lineup in the fashion of Channel PEAR (where you pick the channels you want from a public repo.)  In my opinion, the amazing capability of the Kodi platform is going to waste for lack of a decent user interface, when it could be much better than proprietary platforms like Apple or Android TV.
@MB32

I have split your post and sent to Kodi Discussions as it was too far off-topic for the Pluto.TV thread.

The service you mention is piracy related, so I have removed the reference from your post, but I understand you used it simply as a comparison.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
' Wrote:PM NOTICE - Karellen has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to. This thread is titled Pluto.TV.

Since a private response to your private message was not allowed, I will respond here:

I dont see your reply in that thread... and if you are going to censor discussion, the people for whom the message was intended have a right to know.  Removing it without any notice or link there was rude, pointless and malicious.

' Wrote:I have split your post and sent to Kodi Discussions as it was too far off-topic for the Pluto.TV thread.

You should have done the courtesy of giving me the link to the new location, and I think you are doing harm by censoring discussion of how to make Kodi better.  It is NOT "too far off topic", because the topic is being followed by the people who are MOST concerned with this feature!  I also have to ask why you did NOT censor the off-topic remark about piracy in the same thread, when nothing was being pirated:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2750717

These abuses of power and hypocritical double standards are just pissing people off, that is precisely what we were discussing.
' Wrote:The service you mention is piracy related
It absolutely is NOT piracy related -- the service is fully DMCA compliant and no more piracy related than Google -- read the FAQ on their web site !!!!

If it was piracy related the site would have been kicked offline a long time ago, just like all of the infringing add-on repositories.  If you don't understand that, you are not qualified to moderate this forum and I want to appeal your actions.  I will also be withholding my next donation.  This is a prime example of the foolishness we were talking about.  It's nonsense like this which is hurting Kodi and retarding progress.

' Wrote: I understand you used it simply as a comparison....

If you understand that I'm talking about how the user interface works on a legal web site which is visible on Google.com , there is no reason for censoring it on Kodi.TV !!!
You are intent on coming out swinging when all I did was keep the Pluto thread tidy and on-topic. I gave you your very own thread to continue the discussion.

I have not abused any power, and I have no idea what you are talking about with PM's as I have not sent you one, nor have I received one from you. What you received is an automated Subscription notification.

I don't appreciate your subversive comments.

I have suspended your posting privlidges for 48 hours and increased your Warning Level from 30% to 60%. That means 2 strikes. A third one will lead to a ban from this forum. You have been given fair notice and warning.

Now, this is where I flex my power... and close your thread. It is a shame, because I actually agreed with most of the comments you made in your first post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RE: Pluto.TV0