Missing Actors
Having a weird issue with TV show information screens. Not sure if this is even the right place to ask, so I apologize in advance should the root cause be something else.

So, as you know the TV show info screen has the cover on the left and on the top right there have always been the actors associated with the show or episode. Now something has changed that. Instead of the actor overview, just the TV show banner is shown in that space. When I refresh the show from the internet the actors come back. I have the feeling that in an unspecified interval they are being replaced again by a banner. It hasn't happened recently, though.

Is this something that is known and maybe there's a setting for it which I haven't understood? As far as I can see, I have no other add-ons which deal with artwork.

Thanks in advance!
@HeresJohnny

A screenshot may help
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sure.

Above is "good", below is "bad". I forgot to mention that the "banner-infected" infoscreen affects all episode views as well. Only one or two actors are shown there, and usually not the main ones. Really weird.
The only way I could replicate that is by scraping the show, exporting to NFO Files, then editing the NFO Files and remove all references to actors, then scanning the show back to the library off the nfo files.

It means you have no Actors data.

I doubt that is anything artwork beef would do. To me that is indicative of a scraping problem or bad nfo files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@HeresJohnny 

The banner in "Suits" is a Skin fallback -> if not there show this instead.
In "Star Trek (1966)" i see you are using IMDB scraper as actor source.
TvShow "Suits" or IMDB scraper maybe have a problem you get actor data for it (scraper problem?, allocation problem?)
Maybe try to use TVDB for testing as actor source scraper
I've checked again, all my TV shows use TheTVDB scraper. Maybe there was a bad scraping run at some point where the fallback happened and that was when I chose to export to .nfo files unknowingly. Unfortunately, this is not reversed by a simple check for new files. I have to choose to refresh the particular show and loose my watched status in the process.

OK, so I'll rescrape Suits (and many others) and keep an eye on any changes to the info screen.
(2018-10-14, 11:49)HeresJohnny Wrote: I've checked again, all my TV shows use TheTVDB scraper. Maybe there was a bad scraping run at some point where the fallback happened and that was when I chose to export to .nfo files unknowingly. Unfortunately, this is not reversed by a simple check for new files. I have to choose to refresh the particular show and loose my watched status in the process.

OK, so I'll rescrape Suits (and many others) and keep an eye on any changes to the info screen.

I know the Star Trek actor images from TVDB like my own back pocket, the actor thumbs on the screenshot differ from them on TVDB. 
see for yourself: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/star-trek

I think your problem has little to do with ArtworkBeef, this is really going offtopic. Please create a own thread and we'll take care of your problem, and let us keep this thread free for ArtworkBeef related topics.
@HeresJohnny @chrissix

I'll split these few posts off and move it to Metadata Add-ons so we don't distract @rmrector

You can still keep your watched states. Use this add-on ... https://kodi.tv/addon/program-add-ons-sc...atchedlist
My Signature
It happened again! I had especially taken care to avoid this by
- Removing all TV shows from my library and scraping them again
- removing all nfo files

After that I had rechecked all info pages and everything looked fine. Now I see that some shows - not all - only show the fallback poster again and actors are lost. Obviously I have no way to track when this has happened as I have started many different Kodi clients in the meantime and this is not something I can see at first glance.

What the hell could be responsible for that? One of the affected shows is SUITS again and that doesn't even have new episodes. So I still tend to go with my initial theory that it's something artwork beef does since that is the only other thing that is changing posters without my doing.

Anyway, where can I turn off this fallback behavior in the skin (Estuary) or the scraper? It's super-annoying when something can just override my preferences. I can't believe that I should be the only one affected by that behaviour.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Actors0