Only 1080p rpi3 best solution?
Hi,

I have been reading a lot and I have tested a lot of solutions. Humax h3, xioami box, Xbox one and rpi3. All with Kodi. I watch 1080p max and only use dolby ac3 and DTS. I watch iptv and some streams. I don't need Netflix or Amazon video. Buy I want cec so I can use my TV remote. So far:
Humax h3 runs only old Kodi
Xiaomi box no refrsh rate switching and rebooting when heavily running.
Xbox one bad remote and to big also no cec.
Rpi 3 slow but superb video compared to the rest. So is the rpi the best I can get in my situation?
Fire Stick TV is plug-n-play.
(2018-10-16, 08:04)rwijnhov Wrote: .... I don't need Netflix or Amazon video. Buy I want cec so I can use my TV remote.....
Rpi 3 slow but superb video compared to the rest. So is the RPi the best I can get in my situation?
If you want a decent speed boost without spending a fortune then read the following post:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...6&page=185

Both devices mentioned can run LibreELEC / CoreELEc - Kodi Krypton or Leia. They are setup and forget, no sideloading of Apps needed, not much stuffing around after setup and they will have a lot better HDMI CEC support (like the RPi) vs anything Android. You can even tweak the GPU MHz safely for even more Kodi snappiness.

HDMI CEC remote control speed is never that responsive no matter what you hardware you get.

You are better of using a USB Mini dongle Wireless remote, like the one mention in the above link.

The Pi 3 B+ is pretty speedy these days - and is even handling HEVC 1080p stuff now.  I'd seriously consider it if you really only need 1080p (and definitely if you only need H264). It's a very well supported platform.  

AMLogic boxes running LibreElec/CoreElec are also very worthwhile considering - particularly if you want something that looks a bit more 'Consumer Electronics' in style.
Actually I tried the xbox one again with my harmony one remote and it actually works pretty nice. Also dynamic resolution and refresh rate are working on the xbox one. Only thing that's not working is dd or dts passtrough. It only output pcm but i guess with some new update that will be fixed to. for now I'll try the xbox one for a couple of weeks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only 1080p rpi3 best solution?0