How to create a homescreen shortcut directly a vides/files/folder
Hi. 

I have a video source called MyVideos and I want that directly accessible on the home screen with a single click and i want it as a file/folder view.
The way to get to the view I want with many clicks is to go to videos - Files - MyVideos but I want it as a direct shortcut from the home screen. 
in other words this is the Look I want with a single click (tried to link the picture without success)
I have been trying for a couple of days to do it on my own but I haven't been able to. Can anyone please help
I Want to this with Confluence or a Confluence variant since they do show the foldername in files view and that is important to me

Edit: 
I using 17.6 on a Jailbroken ATV 4K with TVos 11.1
Oki, Time for self-service. 

I found a solution to my problem. The first part is in https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Edit_the_h...skin_files.
However, that syntax did not work for me at all. It just gave med the same page as you get by clicking on the Video library. 
In Aeon Nox skin you can create this shortcut do this by configuring the Skin. The realy nice thing is that it also shows the command it uses for the shortcut you wanted. 
By taking that command and putting it into Home.xml we get a working solution

IE create a new button in home.xml (it's in /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/Guid-of-the-program/Library/Caches/home/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ on an Appletv)

<item id="19">
<label>Kids Movies</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,smb://path/to/media/",return)</onclick>
<icon>-</icon>
<thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

And thats it
Hi mats_o,

isnt Library Node Editor exactly what you are looking for? --> Add-on:Library_Node_Editor

I can see how your solution will get the same result. However the addon would provide you with extra options and what also be robust towards updates and upgrades.

Cheers, Trill

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to create a homescreen shortcut directly a vides/files/folder0