Migrate the watched movie status from Kodi 14.2 to Kodi 17.6
Hi,

I am in the process of changing my Media PC from a old Mac OSX with Kodi14.2 to a Windows with Kodi 17.6. I would like to have a clean install of Kodi but i would like to migrate the watched movie status from the old machine to the new one. What is the best way i can accomplish this. I tried to download WatchtedList add-on and it exported a db file but it doesnt looks like it have all the list. I am not sure how to import the WatchedList.db to the new machine. Thanks in advance.
The easiest way is to Export your library to Separate Files. This will create NFO Files which can then be imported into your new setup. It will preserve the Watched Status, Play Counts and Resume Points but they need an entry in the Advancedsettings.xml file.

See Import-Export link in My Signature below for instructions.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you Karellen for the response .. that makes sense but i do have few more questions. Can you please check to see if the steps below is correct and if you can answer my questions.. 

Steps to Migrate

Do i need to edit Advancedsettings.xml before i export for it to have the watched status, or will the NFO files have watched state in it and only need the below settings for import? 

1) Export library NFO files
2) Edit Advancedsettings.xml to include

<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>  
  <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>

3) How do i trigger the import process..do i have to delete my existing MyVideoXX.db from userdata before I trigger import library?. Or will the option Clean library will trigger the import process for a clean Import.

4) After the library is updated can i go ahead and delete all the NFO files from the movie folder or do i need to keep them there?

5) After the library is updated from the NFO files will kodi get the new movies or movies that are missing images from online content?, do i have to change my setting in the source for scraper to look online? 

Thanks again for your help..
(2018-11-01, 20:27)rahul44 Wrote: Do i need to edit Advancedsettings.xml before i export for it to have the watched status, or will the NFO files have watched state in it and only need the below settings for import? 
You only need the advancedsettings.xml for import. The data is exported by default.

(2018-11-01, 20:27)rahul44 Wrote: How do i trigger the import process..do i have to delete my existing MyVideoXX.db from userdata before I trigger import library?
In your first post you indicated you wanted a Fresh Install. If this is the case there will be no data that needs deleting as it is a new install. Just run an Update Library to re-populate the library.

(2018-11-01, 20:27)rahul44 Wrote: 4) After the library is updated can i go ahead and delete all the NFO files from the movie folder or do i need to keep them there?
Yes you can delete them.

(2018-11-01, 20:27)rahul44 Wrote: After the library is updated from the NFO files will kodi get the new movies or movies that are missing images from online content?
Yes, as long as artwork links are available in your previous database which were then exported into the NFO File. No, there is no scraper setting to change. The Thumb-loader does this automatically.

With the Fresh Start to ensure we are talking about the same thing. Fresh Start means it is a clean install with no items carried over from the previous installation. Safest way to do that is completely uninstall Kodi (both Program and Roaming folders) and install fresh.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrate the watched movie status from Kodi 14.2 to Kodi 17.60