Year for Song and Album
Please help: I have a problem (or I don't understand it?) with the years in the music database.
There are a "iYear" field in song AND album table. So I tried to use it this way.
My problem is, that I can't write a different year of the song in the song table, which is important for me (for compilations and best of albums: album released in year 2000 and song relase was originally 1990 for example).
I've tried several differant tags (mp3 id3v2.4) for album and song (year, origyear, date and some more I don't know anymore...), but nothing helps. If there is a year in the song table it's always the same as the album year.
Is it a bug or I do something wrong?
I've forgot: I use Leia Beta4.
Kodi support for dates of music is simplistic. The year for song is derrived from a combination of date tags within the music files. The year for album is taken from the year of the first song on the album.

Support for multiple song dates - ORIGINALDATE(TDOR), DATE(TDRC) and RELEASEDATE (TDRL) tags - is something I hope to add in v19. I have not yet considered how this could be applied for the album, or what we do with the years node.
Has this been updated? I have a "singles" collection of songs (no albums) where I have set the album = artist. I'm having difficulty creating a node so I can listen to songs for a particular year.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="60" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
    <label>652</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicYears.png</icon>
    <content>songs</content>
    <group>years</group>
</node>

The above gives all the songs for the artist = album regardless of year of the song.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Year for Song and Album0