OS X Revisiting Fullscreen slowmotion (stuttering) on MacMini
You have to tell us what you configured exactly.

What about the other options mentioned by @Memphiz ? Did you configure that?

(2018-11-01, 18:48)Memphiz Wrote: Mac OS does not support fractional refresh rates. The correct setting would be refresh rate switching on and sync to display on.

The first setting switches to 24hz (non fractional) - the second syncs 23.9xx FPS to 24 hz.

For this to work the advancedsettings from that other thread is needed atm (still trying to find a solution for Leia for this).

You definitely need to do all he wrote and you also have to copy the advancedsettings.xml to your Kodi profile directory:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2787076

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
I'll post a log today. I tried several different ways and always with that advancedsettings.

I haven't had the time to post it but still today you'll have a look at it.

Thanks
Ok, so here we go Smile

The Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/savozukine.kodi

Things I noticed, as soon as the display refresh rate is adjusted to 24Hz, the video output is really really slow and colors too saturated and dark (TV problem here I suppose), this doesn't happen if the adjust refresh rate is off.

In this log I tried several configurations, adjust refresh rate on/off, sync to display on/off, VTBDecoder on/off. It's all in there.

The current configuration that works fine for me, as far as I can tell, is adjust refresh rate off, sync to display (no effect if on or off) and VTBDecoder off. However CPU fan start to blow after a bit, which make it a bit unpleasant.

VTBDecoder is pretty much capable of playing these files, I never had any issue with VLC, and I checked and VLC is using VTB. I wonder if there's something different with the way the windows are initialised or even if it is by the fact that SDL is used. I have no idea, just throwing things at the table. But maybe, it's worth trying to peek how VLC does it.

I still lack to understand a few things. Why does it work fine in window mode with VTB but not fullscreen ? Why does it work fine when Screensharing is on, even with VTB on ? Why, in my case, does it gets slow down when the refresh rate is changed to 24Hz on the TV with or without VTB? 

I have no answer for any of them Smile

If there's anything else you'd like me to test just let me know, I'll gladly do it.

Regards,
(2018-11-03, 21:51)KlotX Wrote: Ok, so here we go Smile

The Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/savozukine.kodi

Things I noticed, as soon as the display refresh rate is adjusted to 24Hz, the video output is really really slow and colors too saturated and dark (TV problem here I suppose), this doesn't happen if the adjust refresh rate is off.

In this log I tried several configurations, adjust refresh rate on/off, sync to display on/off, VTBDecoder on/off. It's all in there.

The current configuration that works fine for me, as far as I can tell, is adjust refresh rate off, sync to display (no effect if on or off) and VTBDecoder off. However CPU fan start to blow after a bit, which make it a bit unpleasant.

VTBDecoder is pretty much capable of playing these files, I never had any issue with VLC, and I checked and VLC is using VTB. I wonder if there's something different with the way the windows are initialised or even if it is by the fact that SDL is used. I have no idea, just throwing things at the table. But maybe, it's worth trying to peek how VLC does it.

I still lack to understand a few things. Why does it work fine in window mode with VTB but not fullscreen ? Why does it work fine when Screensharing is on, even with VTB on ? Why, in my case, does it gets slow down when the refresh rate is changed to 24Hz on the TV with or without VTB? 

I have no answer for any of them Smile

If there's anything else you'd like me to test just let me know, I'll gladly do it.

Regards,

This post is a bit old but I've been having an issue with this same thing for quite some time and was never able to figure it out until today.  Turns out it was sort of my fault the whole time.  Now, I'm not sure if it is the same exact behavior you are describing, but maybe it is. I would open kodi and start playing a video.  It would get about 4 or 5 minutes in and then stutter or lock for a few seconds, then start again. It would quickly try to catch up. After that it would play, then the cycle would repeat sort of randomly.  I could never really get through a movie with the Mac mini.  I did try VLC, and I was having the same issues there.  I just chalked it up to an issue with the wifi on my Mac Mini, which is a late 2012 model.  Now, the network wasn't dropping or anything, but I was thinking it was network related. I was definitely in the ball park with my thinking.

I turned on debugging and there were 3 lines that I noticed right off the bat.

NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess - stream stalled
DEBUG: CDVD VideoCodec FFmpeg::Get Picture - eof
INFO: CVideoPlayerVideo - Stillframe detected, switching to forced 23.976024 fps

This led me to believe I was correct in my thinking, but I wasn't able to pin down exactly what the issue was.  Then I searched for both of those errors.  That led me to this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337633.  The second to last post was by Memphiz.  He told the person that they had mounted their NAS at an operating system level (a volume as opposed to a network share) and that this was causing the problem.  He told them to mount as samba or nfs because Kodi would then apply cashing measures instead of treating it as a local share. 

I was making this exact mistake.  I had mounted my NAS share as a volume and was using the volume as a source in Kodi.  As soon as I removed those sources and then recreated them in Kodi using the smb location instead, I stopped having the issue completely. I even set all the video options back to default, and it has been working fine.

Hopefully this helps  Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revisiting Fullscreen slowmotion (stuttering) on MacMini0