• 10(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
Me too. I recently moved my media center from Ubuntu to Windows because Linux was giving me too many problems. I installed 18.3 so I could use an "official" Metropolis and am never upgrading Kodi until Metropolis is available for it (if ever). All other skins suck balls compared to Metropolis.
I was hoping that jingai would have added an official version by now (he is in control of the git), but we both do this in our free time and no one ever knows how much we'll have and how we will need to spend it.
I'll try to take a look at the official 19 updates at some point and make something that works, I use Metropolis too. Smile
I can't work from home so I'm not able to put as much time into it recently as I would like.

Until a skin comes out that I like more I'll keep making updates, and I'll always share what I do and try to fix things that come up.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Are there plans to update Metropolis for the new Matrix coming soon?
(2020-08-12, 19:25)UncT Wrote: Are there plans to update Metropolis for the new Matrix coming soon?

I likely will, but whether or not it gets put into the official repository is another thing altogether.  Anything I make will always be at my Git page for anyone that wants it.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2020-08-13, 07:47)MacGyver Wrote:
(2020-08-12, 19:25)UncT Wrote: Are there plans to update Metropolis for the new Matrix coming soon?

I likely will, but whether or not it gets put into the official repository is another thing altogether. Anything I make will always be at my Git page for anyone that wants it.

Thank you so much !!! we are all counting on you !!!!
Big Grin
(2020-08-13, 07:47)MacGyver Wrote:

I likely will, but whether or not it gets put into the official repository is another thing altogether.  Anything I make will always be at my Git page for anyone that wants it.

Great to hear! Thank you! I will be patiently waiting for an update. :-)
@MacGyver, I looked into your repo but have no idea how to put all the files in a skin that kodi installs it.
You mentioned a beta, is there a download of a zip or so somewhere?
Thanks
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
(2020-08-29, 12:32)GranCanaria Wrote: @MacGyver, I looked into your repo but have no idea how to put all the files in a skin that kodi installs it.
Thanks

go to the repo page in github.
On the left their is a menu that says "master"
their select the branch you want (for leia, v18 or something like that)

then on the right side on the green button that says "code" click and select "download zip".
you get that and install it from within Kodi
great, thanks!
Would it not be easier just to have the direct link in the bottom line, McGiver? (just a suggestion)
The most people (like  me) have no idea how github works.
https://github.com/MacGyverr/skin.metrop...-1080p.zip
If I try to install the zip via add ons > install from zip and it runs on an error message that the dependencies of 5.13 are not met.
Could that have to do with CoreElec on the Android Box or is Leia 18.8 just another step backwards from being compatible?
Should not hter bee in skins an option to installfrom zip or was that in the old days?
(2020-08-30, 17:30)GranCanaria Wrote: it runs on an error message that the dependencies of 5.13 are not met.

It was just to show that I was working on a version for 19, not that it was ready for use by the public.

I will sync with my local version so the git version will work, and I'll make a super alpha release that is in zip form that is easier to install soon if I can.  (update: done)
But please let me know all the issues you find so I can work it into a beta sooner.

Try not to install the git version as the hundreds of files in media will be a dog, let me compress them into a texture file in a zip release for those people running the latest Kodi 19 and can't wait.
(2020-08-29, 12:32)GranCanaria Wrote: @MacGyver, I looked into your repo but have no idea how to put all the files in a skin that kodi installs it.
Thanks

To clarify, what version of Kodi are you using? 17,18 or 19?
Each version of Kodi will require a different version of Metropolis. I can link the different versions for you if tell me what your Kodi version is.
Hello @MacGyver and everyone else! i hope you are all good and safe.

My question is an easy one i thing, is it possible and how i can create a new menu on the strip that is called "Files"

And that menu will open directly the file manager to a specific path "\users\name\desktop", like this

Now i have to go to "Settings=>File Manager" and click on the path to go.

Many thanks in advance.
-Vassilis
(2020-09-23, 12:30)great_vc Wrote: Hello @MacGyver and everyone else! i hope you are all good and safe.

My question is an easy one i thing, is it possible and how i can create a new menu on the strip that is called "Files"

Simple, first go to the folder in the File Manager, then bring up your submenu or "C" with a keyboard, add to Favorites, then under Metropolis settings, under Home Options, Home Furniture, Add a new link, then at the top, "item for menu", click it and go to the command near the bottom "Favorite" and select the favorite you set a minute ago in the file manger screen.
(2020-09-26, 02:26)MacGyver Wrote:
(2020-09-23, 12:30)great_vc Wrote: Hello @MacGyver and everyone else! i hope you are all good and safe.

Simple, first go to the folder in the File Manager, then bring up your submenu or "C" with a keyboard, add to Favorites, then under Metropolis settings, under Home Options, Home Furniture, Add a new link, then at the top, "item for menu", click it and go to the command near the bottom "Favorite" and select the favorite you set a minute ago in the file manger screen.

Yeap ! That did it !!!!
Thanks so much man !!!! 

Stay Safe !!!!!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0