• 11(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2020-09-23, 12:30)great_vc Wrote: Yeap ! That did it !!!!
Thanks so much man !!!! 

Stay Safe !!!!!

No problem, by the way, this will work on ANYTHING you can set as a favorite, from Smart playlists to folders, and in submenus too.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2020-09-01, 15:24)MacGyver Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 12:32)GranCanaria Wrote: @MacGyver, I looked into your repo but have no idea how to put all the files in a skin that kodi installs it.
You mentioned a beta, is there a download of a zip or so somewhere?
Thanks

To clarify, what version of Kodi are you using? 17,18 or 19?
Each version of Kodi will require a different version of Metropolis. I can link the different versions for you if tell me what your Kodi version is.
the actual leia.8
does the skin work in Lunux (CoreElec) too? I tried to get via zip loading  the skin installed but always had an error message that something was not confirm with Kodi.
last question, in the standard skin image viewer an big list there is gif animated in the background, but when the picture is shown it is without animation.
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
(2020-08-29, 12:32)GranCanaria Wrote: does the skin work in Lunux (CoreElec) too? I tried to get via zip loading  the skin installed but always had an error message that something was not confirm with Kodi.

Likely because the "Unknown Sources" box hasn't been checked.

Should work fine under CoreElec (haven't tried it specifically), but I use LibreElec and have used it in Android 10 with no issues.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hello to all,
This is going to be a bit long so bear with me 😊
I want to create a new menu with TV shows totally separated from the first default one with one only source of media. This source of media (SMB) is not in the media library of the default one.
Now I have

So i created a new source

So far seams normal. Now the difficult and do not know what happens next is how to add it to the horizontal menu properly and totally independent. I tried from here but it was a disaster:

and when i click on it i get two menus with the same name

Now, if I click on one of them I see the show after re-scanning the library BUT it appears also on the default “TV Shows” menu !!!! that drives me crazy!! It not even exist as a source there.
Also it does not appear correct as the special info do not appear under the “Scrobbling” menu.

Can someone like please please @MacGyver  help on how to create a totally independent and correct new TV show menu ?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Vassilis
(2020-11-18, 12:48)great_vc Wrote: Can someone like please please @MacGyver  help on how to create a totally independent and correct new TV show menu ?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Vassilis

Try adding the Scrobbling folder to favorites from the Files view, then, use the favorite as the "Item" for the menu.
I have an "All TV" menu item for things not in the library, I did it that way too.
(2020-11-20, 04:17)MacGyver Wrote:
(2020-11-18, 12:48)great_vc Wrote: Can someone like please please @MacGyver help on how to create a totally independent and correct new TV show menu ?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Vassilis

Try adding the Scrobbling folder to favorites from the Files view, then, use the favorite as the "Item" for the menu.
I have an "All TV" menu item for things not in the library, I did it that way too.

I did that but it has no effect as we need. I just get a file view on that folder, no posters, no actual TV Show screen:

I set my folder as i favorite and went to add it to the furniture items.

I select my folder favorite 

then i can see it on the screen and click on add item with the new title

I enter the menu and i have only the file listing.

I don't know what am missing  Confused
(2020-11-20, 23:26)great_vc Wrote: Image

I don't know what am missing  Confused

I think I see the problem. It looks like you made a favorite of the folder from File Manager, not Files.
You need to add the folder as a Source, you don't need to add it to the library though.
Then go to Video, Files, then find that source, and set that as a Favorite.
Use that favorite as the source for your menu.
(2020-11-22, 08:19)MacGyver Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 23:26)great_vc Wrote:  
I think I see the problem. It looks like you made a favorite of the folder from File Manager, not Files.
You need to add the folder as a Source, you don't need to add it to the library though.
Then go to Video, Files, then find that source, and set that as a Favorite.
Use that favorite as the source for your menu.
I'm stupid probably, i do everything you say but the results are most catastrophic. Sad
Now, i went to files :

Then i select add videos and select the folder as source

Now on my list i have the "scrobbling"

which as you see it is added on the favourites

From the home furniture i select on the "item from menu"

and go to select the new favourite

i click on the new menu and i see the show as a poster normally i suppose

But ONCE AGAIN the show is on the "TV Shows" default menu added as well !!!!!! if i remove it from there, it get removed from the scrobbling menu as well. If i rescan the library i get it on both again the menus (tv shows normal default one, and new scrobbling menu). No, the sources are not the same. The scrobbling source DOES NOT exist on the "tv shows" source.
Also it is not properly labeled as tv source as i do not have the extra info on the bottom

Isn't there a guide a step-by-step something on who to add a new tv shows menu with individual source like a clone of the tv show menu with all it perks ?

I'm desperate Oo
I'm not entirely sure just what you want to do then, it sounded like you wanted a menu item that would point to a folder containing video files that were not in the Library.
Now it sounds like you want a separate menu for shows in the library, but just those shows.

If the second is true, then it sounds like you need to make a smart playlist that uses a path as the variable for determination, which is totally possible. Then make that smart playlist the source for the menu item.

Part of what you said made it sound like you wanted it in one library and not the other and that just can't be, there is only one library. You could however make a fake TV menu that just points to a smart playlist that excludes the one path. Or if you don't want that one scrobbling folder contents in the library, just just remove it from it, use the favorite link to files to get the contents of the folder, and keep it out of the library. At this point, you may need to avoid the folder you already created as you may not ever be able to keep it out of the library (sometimes Kodi is funny like that).

If you don't want the contents in the library, then make a new folder name, add it to sources, keep it out of the library, and do the favorite thing like I described.

If none of that sounds right, then please try to explain exactly what you want, and I will try again. Smile
(2020-11-23, 07:31)MacGyver Wrote: I'm not entirely sure just what you want to do then, it sounded like you wanted a menu item that would point to a folder containing video files that were not in the Library.
Now it sounds like you want a separate menu for shows in the library, but just those shows.

If the second is true, then it sounds like you need to make a smart playlist that uses a path as the variable for determination, which is totally possible. Then make that smart playlist the source for the menu item.

Part of what you said made it sound like you wanted it in one library and not the other and that just can't be, there is only one library. You could however make a fake TV menu that just points to a smart playlist that excludes the one path. Or if you don't want that one scrobbling folder contents in the library, just just remove it from it, use the favorite link to files to get the contents of the folder, and keep it out of the library. At this point, you may need to avoid the folder you already created as you may not ever be able to keep it out of the library (sometimes Kodi is funny like that).

If you don't want the contents in the library, then make a new folder name, add it to sources, keep it out of the library, and do the favorite thing like I described.

If none of that sounds right, then please try to explain exactly what you want, and I will try again. Smile
First of all thank you very much for taking your precious time to deal with me Smile
I will start from the beginning and try to explain as good as i can:

We have the default "TV Shows" menu, that you have on your skin, that is the default i never have change that other than adding sources lets call this "Parents TV Shows".

Now, the "Tv Shows" has sources:
  • c:\tv shows
  • d:\tv shows
  • \\server\tv shows

I need a new menu LIKE tv shows but completeley INDEPENDEND with all the rings and bells, like posters, the unwatched at the bottom etc, called "Kids TV Shows", with sources:
  • c:\kids tv shows

That will create a new menu like the one below but with posters in it and the info at the bottom like this:

Image  (this is the "Kids TV Shows")

TV Posters inside the menu like the default "Parents TV Shows" (image from the internet)

and the info on the bottom left

==================================

My problem so far with what i have done so far from your valuable input is that whatever i add on the "Kids TV Shows" as a show it gets added on the "Parents TV Shows" and vice versa.
I need them to be independent.

I really hope that it's more clear now and physible.

Regards,
Vassilis
It's like I thought, you want 2 different TV libraries but short of creating a new Kids profile on your Kodi install, you can't, there is only one library per user.

You can however hide the existing "TV Shows" menu item and create 2 Smart-Playlist based menu items.
One that shows you everything that doesn't have the kids folder paths and one that shows only the kids folder paths.

The media count I think can be added to both, but it will show the same info, that of the singular library.

It really sounds like you just want a new profile called kids, the added benefit is that you can password lock the parent's one so that the little ones can only open theirs when you're not around.

Let me know which way you want to go.
(2020-11-23, 15:28)MacGyver Wrote: It's like I thought, you want 2 different TV libraries but short of creating a new Kids profile on your Kodi install, you can't, there is only one library per user.

You can however hide the existing "TV Shows" menu item and create 2 Smart-Playlist based menu items.
One that shows you everything that doesn't have the kids folder paths and one that shows only the kids folder paths.

The media count I think can be added to both, but it will show the same info, that of the singular library.

It really sounds like you just want a new profile called kids, the added benefit is that you can password lock the parent's one so that the little ones can only open theirs when you're not around.

Let me know which way you want to go.
ok i get it now....
i do not want to hide or change the default tv show cause yesterday i just by accident deleted the menu of tv shows and i try to add with no success properly i did i reset of home furniture and spent 2 hours trying to bring everything back as it was. Nightmate Smile

So i think i will go to the second profile.
And i Did !!!!!! it works perfect i think

i select the second and i only have my one and only source !!

Last question, from my main profile i use the backup add-on from official kodi store, if i backup kodi will it backup the second profile and everything as normal or i should perform a backup from each profile ?

many thanks again my friend

Stay safe!
-Vassilis
(2020-11-23, 15:50)great_vc Wrote: Last question, from my main profile i use the backup add-on from official kodi store, if i backup kodi will it backup the second profile and everything as normal or i should perform a backup from each profile ?

many thanks again my friend

Stay safe!
-Vassilis

Glad you got it sorted.
I don't know about the backups, I do mine manually, and have local nfo's next to all my media.
I'm guessing that the backup does a backup of the database, and that might make it profile specific, but I have no idea.
I'd do one from each and see if the backups are the same size, if so it's likely that it does both at once and you can just delete one, if they are different then you know you'll need to do both and already have them Smile
Hi MacGyver - is there actually a way to add a global search function to the menu?
(2021-01-24, 13:55)atwk Wrote: Hi MacGyver - is there actually a way to add a global search function to the menu?

It should already be there once you install script.globalsearch. If you have deleted the menu item somehow in the past you can restore the whole menu (it will also erase any custom menu changes you have made so be sure you want to do this) or just set the "Choose item for menu" to:
Code:
RunScript(script.globalsearch)

Let me know if it doesn't work for you and we can figure out why.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0