v17 Double Entries and unscraped videos
I recently setup Kodi (v17) and setup/scanned my six media drives with over 1000 movie .iso files. Overall, I'm fairly happy with the program (even with persistent and on-going problems getting my MCE remote to work).  But I have some questions/comments:

0) There are a handful of duplicates. How do I find out the path of the files to see if they're really duplicates (located on different shares), or if it's an issue with Kodi? I'm a MSSQL developer at work, so I have no resistence to cruising through the database (see item #3 below).

1) Some of the files weren't found on TheMovieDB during the update. This also means they don't show up on my list of movies (unless I go through settings to look for .iso files). How can I assign them names and have them be included in my video list? I'm guessing I have to make direct database entries.

2) Is there an add-on available that lets you manage the files that were not successfully scraped? Scrolling through a list of 1000+ files in settings looking for .iso files is inconvenient.

3) I went looking for the Kodi database, but could not find it. Where is it located?

4) Is there a way to add a "Christmas" genre, preferably through the database? Amusingly, that genre exists for music, but not for TV shows or videos (when I say "amusingly", it's because my wife got a chuckle out of it - of course, she doesn't have to fix it).

5) There was no notification that some of the files were not scraped properly. I only found out when I went to watch a movie that wasn't in the list, despite knowing for a fact that the file existed on the server.
(2018-11-09, 16:40)jsimmons Wrote: 0) There are a handful of duplicates. How do I find out the path of the files to see if they're really duplicates (located on different shares), or if it's an issue with Kodi? I'm a MSSQL developer at work, so I have no resistence to cruising through the database (see item #3 below).
https://kodi.wiki/view/Incorrect_and_mis...my_library
or

(2018-11-09, 16:40)jsimmons Wrote: 1) Some of the files weren't found on TheMovieDB during the update. This also means they don't show up on my list of movies (unless I go through settings to look for .iso files). How can I assign them names and have them be included in my video list? I'm guessing I have to make direct database entries.
Find missing movies using this... Event_Log (wiki)

If they are not scraped, it is usually a naming problem. Check the scraper site and ensure you movie name matches the name at the site... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

(2018-11-09, 16:40)jsimmons Wrote: 2) Is there an add-on available that lets you manage the files that were not successfully scraped? Scrolling through a list of 1000+ files in settings looking for .iso files is inconvenient.
See previous answer

(2018-11-09, 16:40)jsimmons Wrote: 3) I went looking for the Kodi database, but could not find it. Where is it located?
Userdata (wiki)

(2018-11-09, 16:40)jsimmons Wrote: 4) Is there a way to add a "Christmas" genre, preferably through the database?
Kodi does not hold a default list of Genres. They come from the scraper site with all the other metadata. Easiest way to add a movie to Christmas genre, is use NFO_files (wiki)

(2018-11-09, 16:40)jsimmons Wrote: 5) There was no notification that some of the files were not scraped properly. I only found out when I went to watch a movie that wasn't in the list, despite knowing for a fact that the file existed on the server.
See answer for item 1.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for that info. It helped considerably.

Some of the double entries were my fault (the same movie in two different locations), but some of them are mysteries. However, they've all been resolved as far as my library are concerned.

95% of the unscraped (or incorrectly scraped)  movies were indeed naming problems. For instance, I have a notable problem spelling "Caribbean". Smile  I also had some files that did not have a space or underscore between words in the title. Another problem was having words that didn't match the word that was expected (I used "Mister" instead of "Mr" in one movie). Other videos simply are not in the movie DB or the TV DB.

You mentioned NFO files, but I read somewhere (and I don't remember where) that the video file had to be in its own directory in order to work. I'm also having a difficult time finding out how to create a NFO file. Does Kodi have the ability to create a NFO from an scraped or unscraped movie that provides the necessary XML elements? I'm only interested in creating NFO files for unscraped videos, or videos that need genre modifications.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double Entries and unscraped videos0