HowTo on installing skins, scripts, etc?
I just spent an hour searching the forum, FAQs, stickies, and online manual... this is either buried VERY well or does not exist...

I'm a linux noob but I want to copy over my UserData, scripts, skins, etc but have no clue how... I only found XBMC under usr/share/xbmc and it will not allow me to copy it there.

How To anyone?

thx!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
put them in the corresponding folder in ~/.xbmc/
so in your filemanager you will need to enable show hidden files because .xbmc/ is a hidden dir
maybe regarding to this post.. is it possible to build skins under linux?

I know there is a Build.bat but that wont work as far as i know and tried Smile..

Maybe another way? or just build on a windows machine and transfer?
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
The texture builder hasn't been ported yet so you're stuck with building them on windows.
Razor_109 Wrote:maybe regarding to this post.. is it possible to build skins under linux?

I know there is a Build.bat but that wont work as far as i know and tried Smile..

Maybe another way? or just build on a windows machine and transfer?

Technically you don't actually need to "build" skins you can just copy the raw files over there.
The problem with that is xbox has been a case insensitive OS for us so on linux which is case sensitive some of the images might not be right and not show. If they are referenced in the skin wrong
The other problem of that is it means no themes dor a skin since that relyson the XPR system for textures

I useally just point people lookign for svn skins here since it gets updated often http://blackmarket.ictcsc.net/files/skins/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HowTo on installing skins, scripts, etc?0