start kodi as a service
Sorry for my bad english. In german Forum nobody can help me.
I have ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. I installed kodi. If i start kodi with the Icon all is perfect. All clients, receiver ... can use it.
But i have a full screen of kodi on my ubuntu and i will do not only kodi. I will start kodi only as a Service in the Background.
Is that possible?
Now, if i leave my kodi from the gui all my clients can't see kodi, because kodi ended. I Need a possibility to start kodi only as a Service.

Thank you.
https://github.com/graysky2/kodi-standalone-service
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
The Link don't work!
You can run as sudo
systemctl start kodi
and nothing happens.
The Line of the Skript
ExecStart=/usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt1
started alone as sudo let's see the gui on the Server.
But only on the server. The clients don't can access!

I need a kodi background service on the server. If the service started, the clients must have Access of the kodi media library from the server.
Why do you need Kodi running on your 'server' ?  are you using uPNP to share your libraries ?  If so, there are better ways to accomplish that that doesn't require Kodi running all the time.  If I've misunderstood what you need, please explain what your 'clients' are, and how they are accessing the media on the server.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Correct.
The clients are TV and sat-receiver use upnp.
Then why not use a proper uPNP server like this ? It's open-source, cross-platform and free.  It can share all of your stuff and transcode it if necessary and you only need to run Kodi on the server if you want to use it to watch or listen to something.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Or Plex. It has a client-server model, and would make a lot more sense than trying to run Kodi headless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
start kodi as a service0