Issues with boxes
@MB32 Are you using V18 of LibreElec because it was added 2017-07-13 and as far as I remember it worked.
@Av3nged 

I have two LE boxes and 4 remotes, none of them work correctly.  Did not know this issue was supposed to be fixed in v18, thanks for telling me!  Maybe a rolling release model would be a good thing?

ISSUES WITH BOX #1

1. Got a kernel panic during upgrade to v18.  After a hard reset I can ping the device but it just sits at a black screen while CPU idles. I can activate the mouse pointer, nothing more.  The video display dimensions are wrong.  Last messages in log at boot:
txt:
ERROR: Couldn't load font name:Mono26 file:/usr/share/kodi/media/Fonts/arial.ttf
ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window infodialog
NOTICE: starting zeroconf publishing
NOTICE: CWebServer[8080]: Started
NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on port 9777
NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777 (ipv6 : true)

2. Pleased to see v18 checking repos for HTTPS, hope to see a visual indication in the GUI next !

3. Disappointed to see that punks can still get their repos listed out of alphabetical order by using alternate font colors.  Sad It's amazing that some people bitch about fonts in the forum, but dont seem to care when it makes a practical  difference.

4. It looks like the kernel is reporting keyboard scan codes on screen during boot.  (This is a good thing and I'm sure the information will be useful to some of the readers who ran into problems configuring the remote.)

5. Many errors in log about arial font, for example:
txt:
ERROR: Couldn't load font name: font10(notosans-regular.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf

ISSUES WITH BOX #2

1.  Kodi froze while updating add-ons, but I can reboot from terminal.

2.  There are problems with background services, for example: Enable/Disable "Twitter Tweets" client will cause Kodi to freeze (but reboot from terminal is possible)

3.  Some addons must be updated manually

RTMP input
IPTV Simple client
HDhomerun client

4.  Disabled addons are enabled  without my permission when manually updating
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So the bottom line is:

Box 1: Kodi 18 will not start
Box 2: the keyboard config & remote control device that worked on Wintel still does not work on LibreELEC/ARM.  So if you believe it should work, do you know anything about the working configuration, such as:

a)  Which brand or model of remote control was used
b)  What does the keymap file look like
c)  Which keys on the remote were mapped to the playback speed control
d)  Are there any restrictions or disallowed keys that would be present on the front side of a typical remote
@MB32
I've split off your post as it was placed in a thread that no connection whatsoever to your 'box problems'.

Don't hijack other people's threads, create your own thread next time.
That was not a hijack... I was alerting others to the issues they are going to face if they upgrade in the hope of fixing this remote control problem.  I was not expecting support for those issues in that thread, nor would I desire it.  Once again it appears that you have made a wrong assumption and over-reacted because of your personal dislike for me.  It was also wrong and unfair to remove any link to the original thread, and delete my questions regarding keymaps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with boxes0