User Profiles, Mysql and multi-os library sync
Good morning all, ive been doing some reading up i know its possible to sync my media library on multiple devices running different os's using mysql and an advancedsettings.xml file.

my question is this:

i run a media server for myself and my family, they access via ssh/sftp.

they currently use one profile for the whole family.

id like to be able to set up a database for syncing my media across my devices, and set up separate kodi user profiles that link to there respective database's so that the entire family can watch and sync Thier media on multiple devices independently of each other.

also is there any way of been able to copy my local user profile to usb or back it up so i can watch my media when i go to visit and have it sync up to my home profile?
any ideas or options that i may not have considered are welcome
(2018-11-24, 02:15)yoda2018 Wrote: they currently use one profile for the whole family.

id like to be able to set up a database for syncing my media across my devices, and set up separate kodi user profiles that link to there respective database's so that the entire family can watch and sync Thier media on multiple devices independently of each other.

also is there any way of been able to copy my local user profile to usb or back it up so i can watch my media when i go to visit and have it sync up to my home profile?
 Well, There is One option, but you're probably not going to like it. the issue comes from user switching. having custom menus, libraries, age/content restrictions applied, has always been messy. and, propagating those changes between TV's is glitchy

Using mysql and separated kodi installs is/was possible, and then syncing watched states between players/networked. Trakt, is a good, transparent way to backup/preserve watched states across clients. Plex, is another way to handle it.

PlexKodiConnect is probably your best bet, but multi-user plex requires PlexPass, which is expensive. Emby is also an option, but the teething issues are staggering.
(2018-11-24, 02:15)yoda2018 Wrote: id like to be able to set up a database for syncing my media across my devices, and set up separate kodi user profiles that link to there respective database's so that the entire family can watch and sync Thier media on multiple devices independently of each other.
You can create a different MySQL database using the <name> tag in the MySQL connect section in the advancedsettings.xml file. You will have a completely separate database, with no links between the other Kodi database(s) whatsoever.

(2018-11-24, 02:15)yoda2018 Wrote: also is there any way of been able to copy my local user profile to usb or back it up so i can watch my media when i go to visit and have it sync up to my home profile?
Only if you connect your local Kodi client already as if it were an 'outside' Kodi client connecting to your home location. Which probably IMO will make a dent in your overall network performance with your local Kodi setup.

Kodi stores full file path info on videos and its sources in its databases, the fixed local ones as well as the remote mysql ones. That means including file protocols and ip addresses and/or host names. Connecting to your file server from a different location will not make the previously stored Kodi setup happy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User Profiles, Mysql and multi-os library sync0