• 144(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
Okay, good to know that extra info doesn’t work correctly. I am fine with default view list I was just wondering what I was doing wrong. No problem. Thanks.
(2021-04-01, 11:13)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 09:06)derrgoo123 Wrote: When I use enable forced views and then reset forced views. I then goto tv shows and I pick ‘extra Info view’ then I check lock on view options.

I would assume this changes all tv show views but when i select another tv show it always changes to ‘double flix’.

Either, I am doing something wrong which is probably the case lol or maybe a bug?

A few thoughts:

The forced Views feature only works reliably if the view name does not contain special characters. This works best if you have set the English language. There have been a few problems with this in my language. I never found a solution for some things of this function unfortunately.

Therefore I will not work on this function any further. I had looked how jurialmunkey did it in AZ2 and adopted some things.

But basically I think this is the wrong approach. Maybe there is also a simple solution, I don't know. We will see...

I don't think there is a solution for the extra info view.
@beatmasterrs, I think the best approach is to use script.skinvariables that jurialmunkey wrote.  Check it out.  You can select a view for each media type, and also for each plugin/addon.  And you can visually select the view like you have now in the skin.  You can see working examples of this in Arctic Horizon and in Amber.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-01, 12:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 11:13)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 09:06)derrgoo123 Wrote: When I use enable forced views and then reset forced views. I then goto tv shows and I pick ‘extra Info view’ then I check lock on view options.

I would assume this changes all tv show views but when i select another tv show it always changes to ‘double flix’.

Either, I am doing something wrong which is probably the case lol or maybe a bug?

A few thoughts:

The forced Views feature only works reliably if the view name does not contain special characters. This works best if you have set the English language. There have been a few problems with this in my language. I never found a solution for some things of this function unfortunately.

Therefore I will not work on this function any further. I had looked how jurialmunkey did it in AZ2 and adopted some things.

But basically I think this is the wrong approach. Maybe there is also a simple solution, I don't know. We will see...

I don't think there is a solution for the extra info view.
@beatmasterrs, I think the best approach is to use script.skinvariables that jurialmunkey wrote.  Check it out.  You can select a view for each media type, and also for each plugin/addon.  And you can visually select the view like you have now in the skin.  You can see working examples of this in Arctic Horizon and in Amber.

Regards,

Bart

You are absolutely right. It would be nice if it was already included in A:Z - R Big Grin

Maybe I'll implenent that sometime when I have more time. Smile

I was having this same issue with the view defaulting to double flix after changing and locking to something else. I had to edit the view number order in
Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.mod\1080i\MyVideoNav.xml.

I am using the new 521 and 522 views as well as the 516 season info view so I moved those views to the beginning of the line right after the list view numbers 50 and 501. My views line looks like this:
<views>50,501,521,522,516,507,509,510,511,512,513,504,550,56,57,53,55,555,59,54,51,58,52,500,514,515,517,519,520</views>

The Extra Info view is 57, so you would move 57 towards the beginning of the line. 50 is the default List view, I personally try not to put anything before that. If you want to use other views but don't know the number, enable debugging in Skin Settings > Arctic:Zephyr - reloaded > Debugging > Show debug information. Then go back and chose the view mode you want, in the upper left of that view you will see Current Focus: and a number. That's your view number.
(2021-04-01, 15:16)gotslack Wrote:

I was having this same issue with the view defaulting to double flix after changing and locking to something else. I had to edit the view number order in
Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.mod\1080i\MyVideoNav.xml.

I am using the new 521 and 522 views as well as the 516 season info view so I moved those views to the beginning of the line right after the list view numbers 50 and 501. My views line looks like this:
<views>50,501,521,522,516,507,509,510,511,512,513,504,550,56,57,53,55,555,59,54,51,58,52,500,514,515,517,519,520</views>

The Extra Info view is 57, so you would move 57 towards the beginning of the line. 50 is the default List view, I personally try not to put anything before that. If you want to use other views but don't know the number, enable debugging in Skin Settings > Arctic:Zephyr - reloaded > Debugging > Show debug information. Then go back and chose the view mode you want, in the upper left of that view you will see Current Focus: and a number. That's your view number.
Thanks for the input on this!
I think I might mess up everything but I will give it a try on a back up copy. lol I have edited xml before but this ones seems a bit complicated.

edit: your directions were great and just completed it! Extra Info Locked on tv shows! Thanks bud...
(2021-04-01, 07:08)mark_dj Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 07:04)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 23:06)mark_dj Wrote: I’ve installed it but it doesn’t seem to do anything (in that specific view at least)?

Have you installed/enabled the version/setting I have mentioned?

I have, yes.

Please install the version here:

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...esting.zip

There should be this setting:

(2021-04-01, 15:46)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 07:08)mark_dj Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 07:04)beatmasterrs Wrote: Have you installed/enabled the version/setting I have mentioned?

I have, yes.

Please install the version here:

There should be this setting:

Okay- tested and working great!
(2021-04-01, 16:35)derrgoo123 Wrote: Okay- tested and working great!

Thanks for confirming Smile
(2021-04-01, 17:06)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Been using the new watched indicators and really like them. Great job.

Has it been implemented in the current version yet or do I need to download the master zip from here?
(2021-04-01, 17:39)mark_dj Wrote:

Has it been implemented in the current version yet or do I need to download the master zip from here?

It has been merged into the latest master Smile
I had a major screw up of my setup (mostly self inflicted) that required me to reinstall and setup KODI from the ground up. I mostly have everything back but am having a devil of a time figuring out how to get my ROTTEN TOMATOES icons and ratings back.
I feel that I ticked a box somewhere in the settings to enable this (although I can't seem to find this box again), I have entered my OMDB API key in the TMDB helper settings.
A search seems to point to the OP in the AZ thread but those instructions seem to be out of date.

I don't usually ask to be spoonfed, but can someone please point me to a step by step guide for dummies?
(2021-04-01, 19:23)crutzulee Wrote: 1. I had a major screw up of my setup (mostly self inflicted) that required me to reinstall and setup KODI from the ground up. I mostly have everything back but am having a devil of a time figuring out how to get my ROTTEN TOMATOES icons and ratings back.
I feel that I ticked a box somewhere in the settings to enable this (although I can't seem to find this box again), I have entered my OMDB API key in the TMDB helper settings.
A search seems to point to the OP in the AZ thread but those instructions seem to be out of date.

I don't usually ask to be spoonfed, but can someone please point me to a step by step guide for dummies?
Skin Settings > Show Media Flags checked, then Select Media Flags. I also checked Show icon media flags and Colored icon media flags. If you checked those also, you need to scroll down some when the media flags box comes up to get to Rotten Tomatoes to check it. YMMV
(2021-03-20, 15:10)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-16, 09:37)pettergulbra Wrote: I use "home menu style" Vertical Multi-Widgets, is it possible to always let the main menu be visible, not go out on the left side when you are using the widgets etc on the right side?

Please download and test this version:

Sorry for really late answer :-(

This was exactly was I was looking for. Works good :-)
Hope it get's in the releases.

Kindly
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Maybe this question has been answered. it appears that movies by directors or movie actors information is being pulled by the moviedb helper add on? Therefore, is it possible when clicking on movies by directors or actors we can play the movie from that point? So, to be clear, if I see other movies from that director I want to watch can I watch from that point? Currently, I do not see any play icon but only can review this information?
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11