To tell the truth it's a mockup Big Grin
in my opinion you are better qualified than me for these things Blush

EDIT : IMHO I prefer the first one

EDIT 2 : perhaps a middle way between each
(2021-06-26, 17:03)ellega Wrote: To tell the truth it's a mockup Big Grin
in my opinion you are better qualified than me for these things Blush

EDIT : IMHO I prefer the first one

EDIT 2 : perhaps a middle way between each

No problem, i have created an feature req on github. I think, that is definitely a good idea and it looks very good Smile I'll have a look as soon as I have some more time! Smile
I have tested and so it works up to here quite well:

Maybe you like to do a PR Smile Maybe I'll make it too, if you dont like, but currently I'm busy with the Litebox integration, so it could take a while Smile

PR with things, i have tested: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...d/pull/338

Thanks again for your suggestion and mockup Smile Looks absolutely cool!

Note: That was just a try, if this could work, for now, so maybe a few things in code need s improvements Smile
(2021-06-26, 17:37)beatmasterrs Wrote: I have tested and so it works up to here quite well:

Maybe you like to do a PR Smile Maybe I'll make it too, if you dont like, but currently I'm busy with the Litebox integration, so it could take a while Smile

PR with things, i have tested: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...d/pull/338

Note: That was just a try, if this could work, for now, so maybe a few things in code need s improvements Smile

Thanks to have take time for this.
It is perfect for me. I thinks that I can finish now and post a PR. Smile
(2021-06-26, 17:49)ellega Wrote:
(2021-06-26, 17:37)beatmasterrs Wrote: I have tested and so it works up to here quite well:

Thanks to have take time for this.
It is perfect for me. I thinks that I can finish now and post a PR. Smile

Sounds good Smile
Some questions please:
1. No matter which Home Menu style I adopt, when I scroll across the menu to TV Shows, it still shows movie posters -- not TV posters? At the moment I'm using Classic, but it does the same thing with Modern Multi-Widgets and Modern Multi-Widget Netflix?
2. I have Kodi installed on USB attached to Chromecast with Google TV. When I leave it and return after a period of time -- Kodi has shutdown. This never used to happen with previous skin?
3. When I play radio and the Chromecast screen saver kicks in, it turns off the radio stream. With the previous skin, it would continue to play in a minimized widow over the top of the screensaver?
4. Once I am happy with the setup can I export it and install on another Chromecast on same LAN?
(2021-06-27, 04:07)revhead Wrote: Some questions please:
1. No matter which Home Menu style I adopt, when I scroll across the menu to TV Shows, it still shows movie posters -- not TV posters? At the moment I'm using Classic, but it does the same thing with Modern Multi-Widgets and Modern Multi-Widget Netflix?

Please set your favourite widget content in skin settings - home - customize home menu Smile There you can choose TV shows, Episodes, Artists, ..., nearly what ever you want.
(2021-06-27, 07:56)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Please set your favourite widget content in skin settings - home - customize home menu Smile There you can choose TV shows, Episodes, Artists, ..., nearly what ever you want.

Thanks. Worked it out.
Have set Menu items to Titles with Poster view.
Under TV Shows, I have added a second widget for In Progress Shows.
All looks good, the trouble is it takes ages to load - am I doing something wrong?
(2021-06-28, 11:52)revhead Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 07:56)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Thanks. Worked it out.
All looks good, the trouble is it takes ages to load - am I doing something wrong?

What exactly do you mean with "it takes ages to load"?
Do you have local content or do you use online content? What value of "Limit number of titems in widget" is set?
(2021-06-28, 12:34)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 11:52)revhead Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 07:56)beatmasterrs Wrote: Please set your favourite widget content in skin settings - home - customize home menu Smile There you can choose TV shows, Episodes, Artists, ..., nearly what ever you want.

Thanks. Worked it out.

Do you have local content or do you use online content? What value of "Limit number of titems in widget" is set?
Local content stored on an Amahi server connected via ethernet. 1500 movies, 5000 or so TV episodes (no online stuff) - no limit for widgets? It sits there spinning trying to load thumbnails for minutes - sometimes refusing to load at all?
(2021-06-28, 13:52)revhead Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 12:34)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 11:52)revhead Wrote: Thanks. Worked it out.

Local content stored on an Amahi server connected via ethernet. 1500 movies, 5000 or so TV episodes (no online stuff) - no limit for widgets? It sits there spinning trying to load thumbnails for minutes - sometimes refusing to load at all?

Are the thumbs already generated and cached locally by Kodi, or are the thumbs generated the first time the widget is loaded?
(2021-06-28, 13:57)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 13:52)revhead Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 12:34)beatmasterrs Wrote: What exactly do you mean with "it takes ages to load"?

Are the thumbs already generated and cached locally by Kodi, or are the thumbs generated the first time the widget is loaded?
That's the question isn't it?
Bearing in mind paths have been converted to Special.
Did a bit of searching and found plenty of thumbnails in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/thumbnails ... size 252.2 MB
Nothing however in special://profile/Thumbnails . . . don't know much about this I'm afraid.
Thanks for your help.
(2021-06-28, 16:17)revhead Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 13:57)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 13:52)revhead Wrote: Local content stored on an Amahi server connected via ethernet. 1500 movies, 5000 or so TV episodes (no online stuff) - no limit for widgets? It sits there spinning trying to load thumbnails for minutes - sometimes refusing to load at all?

That's the question isn't it?
Bearing in mind paths have been converted to Special.
Did a bit of searching and found plenty of thumbnails in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/thumbnails ... size 252.2 MB
Nothing however in special://profile/Thumbnails . . . don't know much about this I'm afraid.
Thanks for your help.
I don't think any path substitution works reliably for profiles any more. I found sources would not work but playlists still seem to. So will likely explain why the thumbnails are local. 

I also see the second widgets are slower to load, even if 1 and 2 are just using playlists. But I wait maybe 5 seconds not minutes.
KODI Nexus - CoreELEC everywhere on Ugoos AM6 Plus&Pro, Plex Server, HDHomerun with TVHeadend on my NAS.
Hello everyone. Sorry for my English and age doesn't help. I discovered the skin about a month ago. It is magnificent and I congratulate all those who participate in its development. My questions may have already been answered. I am sorry for that. In the music section the disc labels appear well when they come from the scrapers but do not appear when they are in the form cdart.png in the album folder. An idea? In the case of films the disc does not spin although the label which comes from the scrapper appears. thank you in advance
  • 205(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11