• 303(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2022-02-13, 12:46)stein Wrote: @beatmasterrs, I have 3 questions:
  1. With "File manager," I added a source 'special://home' or 'speical://temp', but this source does not show up as a resource path while adding video resource, why?
  2. For the menu of FAVORITES, how to set it as icon view not popup menu view?
  3. I notice a backup tools within this skin, comparing with Kodi\backup addon, they cover the same data? could I uninstall the latter one using yours instead to avoid redundancy?

Thanks!

1. I have no idea about that. Maybe you could ask your question in the related forum section?
2. Thats no possible with this skin
3. The backup addon (script.xbmcbackup) itself is not included in the skin, it can only be started from within the skin.
(2022-02-13, 12:51)JULIANCONTRERAS Wrote: I clicked the theme colors - change based on sunrise/dusk checkbox and set the theme to white. I want to have the dark one and it doesn't change. Thank you

Maybe @semool could help with this?
(2022-02-13, 13:01)Alexis67 Wrote: Hello, can we deactivate the submenus when they are already used in the widgets ?
thanks in advance

Thats not possible with this skin, i think.
(2022-02-13, 12:57)stein Wrote:
(2021-12-18, 18:17)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-12-18, 14:58)stein Wrote:  
  1. How to display music codecs? e.g. I missing DTS to be indicated; would be better to include in context menu/information?

1. Imho there is no infolabel for that. You can choose the media flags you like in: skin settings > furniture > select media flags. If they are available for the title, they will be shown.
DTS label is avaliable, e.g. here:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Media_flags => audio flags

While using default skin, DTS codec will be displayed for the library of music. please double check.

Do you have a dts audio file for testing? I haven't found one.
(2022-02-13, 13:50)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2022-02-13, 12:57)stein Wrote:
(2021-12-18, 18:17)beatmasterrs Wrote: 1. Imho there is no infolabel for that. You can choose the media flags you like in: skin settings > furniture > select media flags. If they are available for the title, they will be shown.
DTS label is avaliable, e.g. here:

While using default skin, DTS codec will be displayed for the library of music. please double check.

Do you have a dts audio file for testing? I haven't found one.
thanks for quick response. I just updated my previous post with screenshots.

Here the same files I found: https://filesamples.com/formats/dts

In total, I really like your designed skin. But feels maybe the music part is a bit discriminated. :-)
- How to show Album cover line up, while switching bottom top menu? That would be fantastic if the Album art can also be shown/lineup like the movie covers;
- Under this menu, if select "Album" and scroll, the codecs and file type, score can be displayed at the left bottom corner, but if "Files" selected , not those infos!?
- The view options for Music, e.g. under "Files" or "Source" cannot be changed to else other than the default "List" view, seems only "Album" can view options, why?!
- The play OSD/ control could them be made more intuitive(cf. Kodi default Skin)?  The button & remote control always confusing and mislead, e.g. how to bring up OSD, how to check Lyrics & change screensaver...
- would be perfect to instruct how to get artist Biography and more infos like the movies...

Many thanks!
Kodi 20.4(Nexus) / FireTV 4K
Thanks for your thoughts about that Smile

(2022-02-13, 14:21)stein Wrote: - How to show Album cover line up, while switching bottom top menu? That would be fantastic if the Album art can also be shown/lineup like the movie covers;

What do you mean exactly? Please provide screenshots, thanks.

(2022-02-13, 14:21)stein Wrote: - Under this menu, if select "Album" and scroll, the codecs and file type, score can be displayed at the left bottom corner, but if "Files" selected , not those infos!?

Thats correct, music info icons are currently only shown for "albums" or "songs", means music, that is scraped to the library. Maybe i will add "files", we will see.

(2022-02-13, 14:21)stein Wrote: - The view options for Music, e.g. under "Files" or "Source" cannot be changed to else other than the default "List" view, seems only "Album" can view options, why?!

Cause the content is only "files" and to prevent unsightly views in some cases. If you have "albums", "artists" or "songs", you can change the viewtype to your needs.

(2022-02-13, 14:21)stein Wrote: - The play OSD/ control could them be made more intuitive(cf. Kodi default Skin)?  The button & remote control always confusing and mislead, e.g. how to bring up OSD, how to check Lyrics & change screensaver...

The osd also provides a list of the next items, so it looks like this. I like it and don't have any issues with navigation, so i cant understand, what exactly is confusing?

(2022-02-13, 14:21)stein Wrote: - would be perfect to instruct how to get artist Biography and more infos like the movies...

Infos about artists are provided by the artist slideshow addon: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow

(2022-02-13, 12:57)stein Wrote: DTS label is avaliable, e.g. here:

Will the codec also be shown in the library itself or only in the muisc-osd? How can i add/scrape this file type to the music library?
(2022-02-13, 13:42)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2022-02-13, 12:51)JULIANCONTRERAS Wrote: I clicked the theme colors - change based on sunrise/dusk checkbox and set the theme to white. I want to have the dark one and it doesn't change. Thank you

ok, it's precisely because I didn't find the option I was asking for.

Is it possible to add this option in future versions ?

I thank you in advance
I have found a specific addons for this utility. But it should work fine from the skin.
(2022-02-13, 13:42)beatmasterrs Wrote:

I have found a specific addons for this utility. But it should work fine from the skin itself.
(2022-02-13, 15:01)beatmasterrs Wrote: Thanks for your thoughts about that Smile
(2022-02-13, 14:21)stein Wrote: - How to show Album cover line up, while switching bottom top menu? That would be fantastic if the Album art can also be shown/lineup like the movie covers;
What do you mean exactly? Please provide screenshots, thanks.

I just made up a screenshot, something like that (size/scale/background may be adjusted):
PS: background can be album artworks wall (or blurred) taken from all albums snapshot), text could be e.g. the title and artist biography of the selected or random Album.
even more fancy(animated flapping) could be like this:-)
or like the music store:
Quote:Will the codec also be shown in the library itself or only in the music-osd? How can i add/scrape this file type to the music library?
e
would be nice if it could like Kodi's default skin, i.e. displaying codec etc. while scrolling albums listed, or while playing that song/music within/below OSD. like here in Info panel:
https://imgur.com/a/gkl9E0l
PS: currently DTS codec displayed as dca, dts sample files: https://filesamples.com/formats/dts

W.R.T. OSD, there maybe also some beautify, e.g. include settings for Lyrics( and source/addon), playing background design,  Visualizations, hereby 2 difficulties maybe:
  1. Storage size, due to the fact people may have many music at NAS, info(album art, etc. ) may add up to bigger size, so cache/storage/speed may be a challenge topic;
  2. For songs in different languages, Lyrics text searching engines and scrapping, and display in e.g. UTF-8 format its native languages, even extract/decode the mp3 tag correctly maybe another challenge;
I hope music interface can be same fancy as movie, or maybe even more fantastic :-)
Kodi 20.4(Nexus) / FireTV 4K
(2022-02-14, 00:28)stein Wrote: would be nice if it could like Kodi's default skin, i.e. displaying codec etc. while scrolling albums listed, or while playing that song/music within/below OSD.

Where do I get codec information in the album view in the default skin?

(2022-02-14, 00:28)stein Wrote: like here in Info panel:
https://imgur.com/a/gkl9E0l
PS: currently DTS codec displayed as dca, dts sample files: https://filesamples.com/formats/dts

W.R.T. OSD, there maybe also some beautify, e.g. include settings for Lyrics( and source/addon), playing background design,  Visualizations, hereby 2 difficulties maybe:
  1. Storage size, due to the fact people may have many music at NAS, info(album art, etc. ) may add up to bigger size, so cache/storage/speed may be a challenge topic;
  2. For songs in different languages, Lyrics text searching engines and scrapping, and display in e.g. UTF-8 format its native languages, even extract/decode the mp3 tag correctly maybe another challenge;
I hope music interface can be same fancy as movie, or maybe even more fantastic :-)

After thinking about it a lot, I can't really agree with your point of view. I find the music section more than okay, or as good as the movie section. There are even things that the movie section doesn't have, like visualization, artist slidewhow, etc. So i post a few screenshots from home menu, a few views in the library and the now playing widget. Maybe then it will be clearer:

(2022-02-13, 12:57)stein Wrote: DTS label is avaliable, e.g. here:

Will the codec also be shown in the library itself or only in the music-osd? How can i add/scrape this file type to the music library?
(2022-01-08, 16:33)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2022-01-08, 16:21)STEELBAS Wrote: Also, just to report on a little graphical issue: When not using videolyrics, the lyrics overlap with the OSD for playing music.

Thanks for pointing this out. Issue is fixed on github Smile
Hi, is it possible this fix never made it to the release version? I'm running 1.1.66, updated 8 February, and I'm still seeing overlap:

Love the skin! Thanks for all the hard work <3
(2022-02-16, 20:07)STEELBAS Wrote:
(2022-01-08, 16:33)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2022-01-08, 16:21)STEELBAS Wrote: Also, just to report on a little graphical issue: When not using videolyrics, the lyrics overlap with the OSD for playing music.

Thanks for pointing this out. Issue is fixed on github Smile
Hi, is it possible this fix never made it to the release version? I'm running 1.1.66, updated 8 February, and I'm still seeing overlap:

Love the skin! Thanks for all the hard work <3

Hmm thats strange, works fine for me:

watch gallery

What options have you set?
Interesting! Well, as you can see I have a visualisation behind everything, hmm... I'll take some screenshots of the different settings, that's probably easiest:

ImageImageImage

Let me know if you need some more information.
(2022-02-16, 21:29)STEELBAS Wrote: Interesting! Well, as you can see I have a visualisation behind everything, hmm... I'll take some screenshots of the different settings, that's probably easiest:

Let me know if you need some more information.

I have testet with the same settings. Could you please provie your userdata\addon_data\skin.arctic.zephyr.mod\settings.xml file?
  • 303(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11