• 327(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
Hi BeatsmasterRS,

I'm on the latest version, 1.1.71. Awesome skin, but I've been plagued by this issue. In views that wrap, like Big Poster and Poster Flix, i find textures not always loading. When I see this, it's almost always when looking at a tv show with mulitple seasons, and it's at the season screen. Going into a season and then back tends to trigger this, but sometimes going back to Home and then into the show again does. I can do these steps repeatedly and the results change, but I can always reproduce this within a few seconds.

The difference in these two screenshots is just me going into a season and back out again. I can do this ad nauseum and it's more or less flipping between the two results. Not always the same exact seasons, sometimes only 1 poster is missing, sometimes it's 2, sometimes all but 1. 

I'm using a MySql database, art is all precached using the texturecache utility and this happen on every machine running Kodi, regardless of show.

Any ideas?

ImageImage
Image[/img]Image

Image[/img]Image

Thanks for the skin!
Hi there! Firstly a big thanks for this fabulous skin which is really my favorite,

For now, to get information about the director of a movie, I have to do the following steps :

- Click on the "Movies by this director" button on the movie info page
- Top arrow
- Enter on the movie's picture
- Click on the "Crew" button
- Top arrow
- Enter on the director's picture

Is it a faster way (like to display the crew button directly on the movie info page)?
(2022-09-07, 00:19)dkoch84 Wrote: Hi BeatsmasterRS,

I'm on the latest version, 1.1.71. Awesome skin, but I've been plagued by this issue. In views that wrap, like Big Poster and Poster Flix, i find textures not always loading. When I see this, it's almost always when looking at a tv show with mulitple seasons, and it's at the season screen. Going into a season and then back tends to trigger this, but sometimes going back to Home and then into the show again does. I can do these steps repeatedly and the results change, but I can always reproduce this within a few seconds.

The difference in these two screenshots is just me going into a season and back out again. I can do this ad nauseum and it's more or less flipping between the two results. Not always the same exact seasons, sometimes only 1 poster is missing, sometimes it's 2, sometimes all but 1. 

I'm using a MySql database, art is all precached using the texturecache utility and this happen on every machine running Kodi, regardless of show.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the skin!

Could you please test this Version? https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...tch-12.zip Simply install via zip in addon manager or replace the 4 changed xmls (View_53_Poster.xml, View_527_List_V2.xml, View_51_BigWide.xml, View_506_Slider.xml)

Please report back, if this hopefully has fixed the issue, you have.
(2022-09-07, 02:01)Halfcat Wrote: Hi there! Firstly a big thanks for this fabulous skin which is really my favorite,

For now, to get information about the director of a movie, I have to do the following steps :

- Click on the "Movies by this director" button on the movie info page
- Top arrow
- Enter on the movie's picture
- Click on the "Crew" button
- Top arrow
- Enter on the director's picture

Is it a faster way (like to display the crew button directly on the movie info page)?

Currently, there is no tab in the video info dialog, that shows the crew for the selected movie. But maybe, when i have time enough, i will add that feature. But no promises Smile
Thank you for your reply.

Otherwise if like me, people don't like the display of chapters (bookmarks) in the kodi player, they can replace the text of the file "addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.mod\1080i\VideoOSDBookmarks.xml" with this one:

https://paste.kodi.tv/gelajocaju.kodi

The chapters will be displayed in list without thumbnails which is much more practical for concerts for example.
I also created a shortcut key (f9) to display the chapters inside the file "userdata/keymaps/keymap.xml" :

https://paste.kodi.tv/irezulotib
Hey mate, are there any plans to eventually port this to Nexus?
(2022-09-11, 09:41)Cinephile Wrote: Hey mate, are there any plans to eventually port this to Nexus?

This skin will be available in kodi nexus, once the changes to the skin engine are done. I think, I will start when, Kodi has beta status.
the best skin i used ever! thx for the great work, the only thing not good enough(in my opinion) is that there is no ranking star in the subtitles download dialog like below:

is there any chance to support this?
(2022-09-14, 14:53)rajame Wrote: the best skin i used ever! thx for the great work, the only thing not good enough(in my opinion) is that there is no ranking star in the subtitles download dialog like below:

is there any chance to support this?

Should be fixed with the next update. Changes are already on github Smile
wow, that's so great, looking forwaed it
Hello.
This will be hard to explain but I have this problem.

When "On focus don't slide left" is checked in the main menu and "Wiget-listtype" list is selected in customize main menu.
In the main menu, when there are more than 7 items, they are not selected during scrolling.

Example: I have 9 items in the list, then after moving the list to the right will be displayed only 8 items, always missing 1 item (movie, TV series)

Sorry for my English language.

Greetings

(2022-09-16, 12:58)adi1 Wrote: Hello.
This will be hard to explain but I have this problem.

When "On focus don't slide left" is checked in the main menu and "Wiget-listtype" list is selected in customize main menu.
In the main menu, when there are more than 7 items, they are not selected during scrolling.

Example: I have 9 items in the list, then after moving the list to the right will be displayed only 8 items, always missing 1 item (movie, TV series)

Sorry for my English language.

Greetings

Thanks for pointing this out, so i was able to repdoduce this issue. PR is already on github: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...d/pull/852
Zip skin file: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...tch-16.zip
Changed line: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...07d9b4c8d2
Changed file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/beatma...s_Defs.xml

You could simply replace the file in the skin folder with this one or install the zip file in kodi addon manager. After that, maybe a skin reload or restart is required.

Please test and let me know, if thie issue is fixed, thank you Smile
Many thanks, works beautiful.

One more issue, can you move the home menu a little to the left because it cuts off the last cover.

Greetings

(2022-09-16, 15:54)adi1 Wrote: Many thanks, works beautiful.

One more issue, can you move the home menu a little to the left because it cuts off the last cover.

Greetings

Unfortunately there's no solution to fit all viewtypes so they will be not cuted off, sorry.
¿Is there a way to set globally a view mode?

If I set a view mode for episodes in one show, other shows will keep the previous mode.

This behavior is possible for other skins with the unlocked/locked view option, if it is possible here, how can I do it?

I think this is the best-looking skin available for kodi, thanks for the hard work
  • 327(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11