• 49(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2020-02-17, 19:17)hacky4real Wrote: Hi BeatmasterRS,

thanks very much for such a beautiful mod. How do i change the media control icons (play, pause, etc). Am not a fun of the icon in a cycle.

Cheers.

Sorry for my late reply. For this you have to edit the Textures.xbt file and extract the icons with a texture tool like [Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt).
The icons are located in "osd" folder Smile
Hi BeatmasterRS,

First off, thank you very much for your recent contributions to the skin, sorry for all the prior confusion via PM due to our mutual language-barrier.

Wink

Now I've had a bit more time to take a serious look at this skin, I've prepared another list of anomilies, bugs and inconsistencies that I've observed while attempting to configure it to my liking, with regard to the recent changes & updates, with a few personal requests thrown in (posted in no particular order). Prepare yourself as this might be a long post. We'll see how it goes, lol.

1. Issues with background image loading times (Skin Playlist Backgrounds):

I've noticed in Kodi, there it a noticable delay with initial background fanart load times in every skin I've used. In short, until the database is available, and my NAS can supply the requested image(s), I get nothing at startup. However, in Arctic Zephyr, this delay seems to be considerably longer. I no longer use remote MySQL / MariaDB databases, as my NAS is unable to cope with the size of my combined library. So while the images and content are stored on the NAS, the database is local to the machine Kodi is being run on, and so is the thumbnail / texture cache...

Home Screen View - Movies (Startup)

...It often takes up to a minute or more for artwork to appear in Arctic Zephyr, if it appears at all, so i'm curious if *anyone* else using this skin is witnessing the same issue, just to rule out my own setup as being the potential problem (Powerline AV2 Networking + 2x Celeron-powered QNAP NAS devices).

2. ClearLOGO display for home screen menu items (All Library Media Categories):

After our discussion via PM, and recent updates to the code I'm witnessing the following; No ClearLOGO display for any media library category on the home screen (Movies, TV Shows, Music)...

Home Screen - Movies Category
Home Screen - TV Shows Category
Home Screen - Music Category

...while there are ClearLOGOs being shown for non-library home screen categories (i.e: "Live TV", "Add-Ons", "Search", "Video", "Settings" and "Power") using the default "Fallback Background"...

Home Screen - Power Menu (Example)

Also, personally, I'd like to see a reversion to the old background (Kodi logo with clouds) as the default for non-media library home screen categories. I find the display of the "Movie Library background" as a fallback, distracting, as I spend more time looking at the backgrounds while navigating than the menu items I should be looking at. I welcome the option to set the fallback background as "Movie library fanart" (or any other fanart choice, for that matter) but would rather it wasn't the default option IMHO.

Setting the skin-default backgrounds for media library categories (Movies, TV Shows, Music) to the "Skin Playlist - Random" items for that media type, seems to be the best "default" option, IMHO.

3. Hide Border Setting (Inconsistency):

I have the "Hide border" setting disabled, as I like the borders in this skin. But there is an inconsistency between the border being applied to the header on the Home screen, and not to the Menu bar below...

Home Screen - Border Inconsistency

I'd like to see the "border setting" applied to both the header, and the main menu. With the "Two-tone" background "blur" setting, it helps mark the distinction between the foreground & background for me, especially at the 10ft viewing distance with my less than stellar eyesight.

Wink

4. Potential availability (inconsistency) between background fanart & displayed ClearLOGO:

I've mentioned this issue in previous posts, but felt it worthy of repeating here. There is an inconsistency with the fanart being displayed on the home sceen for "library media categories", versus the corresponding ClearLOGO(s) being shown...

Home Screen - Fanart Vs. ClearLOGO inconsistency

The above screenshot is an example (Movies), but the same also occurs for TV Shows. Currently, music doesn't have this implemented. If this feature is to be retained, and hasn't been removed (See Point 3, above) The skin needs to do additional checking to see if, for a given "Fanart" background, that there is an actual "ClearLOGO" to match, else skip it and try a different one. Otherwise the above scenario shown in the screenshot will persist. In this case, the fanart background is from the film "Fury" and the ClearLOGO is from "The Fly II", because Kodi either can't find, or hasn't yet cached the remote fanart for "The Fly II" from my NAS to the local thumbnails folder, so it keeps displaying the most recently successful image it could find until such times as it comes to a movie where it can show both images. This issue also happens in reverse (successful ClearLOGO, wrong fanart). I suspect that this is a shortcoming in the "Skin Playlist - Backgrounds" widget(s), rather than the skin, so this might be somewhat difficult to fix / work-around. Either way, it's a problem.

6. Mouse Versus Cursor Keys - Navigation Issue:

While this skin reports to "Not be compatible with mouse pointers", I've found that in the main, it is possible to navigate most (if not all) areas of the skin using the mouse pointer and a combination of <ESC> and <BACKSPACE> keys. Personally, I usually use cursor / arrow keys for navigation anyway, but there are a few dialog boxes that do not present the ability to navigate from the main portion of the dialog box / window to the "Cancel" button on the right-hand side...

Dialog Box Navigation - Unselectable "Cancel" button

It is not possible to use cursor keys (arrow keys) to select the "Cancel" button in this (example) dialog window, Attempting to use the <TAB> key also fails. You can however use the mouse pointer to select (and click on) it while the nag message states a lack of mouse support...

Dialog Box Navigation - Mouse Pointer Selection

This occurs on most dialog windows I've seen in this skin, that only present a "Cancel" button. The above screen shots are presented as an example, it is not limited to this area / add-on repository alone AFAIK.

7. Header Vs. Widgets Vs. ClearLOGO Issue:

I don't run Arctic Zephyr with the "Main Menu - Header" enabled, as I feel it covers up the background fanart too much, but since it's an option, I tried it out. For the same reason, I have widgets displayed "Only on pressing the UP Key" on the home screen. This however presents a few issues of it's own...

Home Screen - Widgets Shown on pressing UP

IMHO the header has too much height for the content displayed within it (Library stats + Weather & Time info - If enabled). Also, with Widgets visible, the ClearLOGO overlaps the header, where I think it should be hidden, since you cannot see a majority of the background at this point anyway. Finally, on pressing "UP", the library stats disappear, so I'm assuming the original idea may of been to hide the header as well, but as can be seen in the above screenshot, this currently doesn't happen. One of either the "ClearLOGO" or the header needs to be hidden upon widgets display to unclutter the screen, IMHO.

8. Feature Request - Music ClearLOGOs for "Home Screen - Menu" and "Music Visualization" screen (Alternative to "ClearART"):

(To clarify, I consider THIS to be "ClearART" and THIS to be ClearLOGO artwork - grey background generously supplied by imgur.com, lol).

Currently, on the home screen - main menu there is no provision for display of either type. And on the Visualization screen there is only an option in the OSD settings to select "ClearART"...

Music Visualization Screen - OSD "Settings" Menu

I would like to see "ClearLOGO" support, much like in the other skin I have installed...

Aeon Madnox 2.0 (Pre-Alpha) - Music Visualization Screen

...with a multi-option to select ONE of the following types:

i. None (Default)
    ii. ClearLOGO
    iii. ClearART

Having both on screen at the same time makes the Music Visualization screen look too cluttered, and since JurialMunkey designed this skin to be minimalist, it goes against the design he tried to create. I would keep it simple, with a maximum amount of ONE additional piece of artwork per screen over and above the default option (none), IMHO. Personally, I don't care much for "ClearART" artwork, as these are generally created from photographs, having had the background removed, and then shrunk in size to remove the inevitable "haloing" effect round the edges. I much prefer "ClearLOGO" artwork, but currently this isn't supported on either the Home Screen - Main Menu, or the Music Visualization screens in Arctic Zephyr. This was the point I tried (unsuccessfully) to make in our PMs, that resulted in you doing a load of work you then had to revert, so sorry for that.

9. Conclusion.

Again, I want to make it clear at this point, that the above issues are simply feedback / suggestions. Please don't feel obligated to commit any of the changes I've highlighted. This is your project, and I'm not demanding anything here. What I've highlighted above, are changes I'd make if I had the coding skills and/or time to commit them. Unfortunately I have neither. Either way thanks for your continued support, and look forward to a small donation in the coming days for your efforts up to this point. Feel free to PM me if you require further clarification / screenshots / logs relating to anything I've posted up until now, and in the future.

Smile

Regards,

Dan / Gib.
gibxxi Wrote:Hi BeatmasterRS,

I've noticed in Kodi, there it a noticable delay with initial background fanart load times in every skin I've used. In short, until the database is available, and my NAS can supply the requested image(s), I get nothing at startup. However, in Arctic Zephyr, this delay seems to be considerably longer. I no longer use remote MySQL / MariaDB databases, as my NAS is unable to cope with the size of my combined library. So while the images and content are stored on the NAS, the database is local to the machine Kodi is being run on, and so is the thumbnail / texture cache...

Home Screen View - Movies (Startup)

...It often takes up to a minute or more for artwork to appear in Arctic Zephyr, if it appears at all, so i'm curious if *anyone* else using this skin is witnessing the same issue, just to rule out my own setup as being the potential problem (Powerline AV2 Networking + 2x Celeron-powered QNAP NAS devices).

I dont't know, if thiss is a skin issue or not. Maybe someone else has the answer to this question.

gibxxi Wrote:2. ClearLOGO display for home screen menu items (All Library Media Categories):

After our discussion via PM, and recent updates to the code I'm witnessing the following; No ClearLOGO display for any media library category on the home screen (Movies, TV Shows, Music)...

Home Screen - Movies CategoryHome Screen - TV Shows CategoryHome Screen - Music Category

...while there are ClearLOGOs being shown for non-library home screen categories (i.e: "Live TV", "Add-Ons", "Search", "Video", "Settings" and "Power") using the default "Fallback Background"...

Home Screen - Power Menu (Example)

Also, personally, I'd like to see a reversion to the old background (Kodi logo with clouds) as the default for non-media library home screen categories. I find the display of the "Movie Library background" as a fallback, distracting, as I spend more time looking at the backgrounds while navigating than the menu items I should be looking at. I welcome the option to set the fallback background as "Movie library fanart" (or any other fanart choice, for that matter) but would rather it wasn't the default option IMHO.

Setting the skin-default backgrounds for media library categories (Movies, TV Shows, Music) to the "Skin Playlist - Random" items for that media type, seems to be the best "default" option, IMHO.

I have now simplified the integration of ClearLogos once again, so that there should be no more problems. If it still doesn't work, maybe you can describe exactly if and which widget you have chosen. Or did you choose only skinbackgrounds everywhere?
For me its working:
watch gallery

gibxxi Wrote:3. Hide Border Setting (Inconsistency):

I have the "Hide border" setting disabled, as I like the borders in this skin. But there is an inconsistency between the border being applied to the header on the Home screen, and not to the Menu bar below...

Home Screen - Border Inconsistency

I'd like to see the "border setting" applied to both the header, and the main menu. With the "Two-tone" background "blur" setting, it helps mark the distinction between the foreground & background for me, especially at the 10ft viewing distance with my less than stellar eyesight.

Wink

Should be fixed Smile

gibxxi Wrote:4. Potential availability (inconsistency) between background fanart & displayed ClearLOGO:

I've mentioned this issue in previous posts, but felt it worthy of repeating here. There is an inconsistency with the fanart being displayed on the home sceen for "library media categories", versus the corresponding ClearLOGO(s) being shown...

Home Screen - Fanart Vs. ClearLOGO inconsistency

The above screenshot is an example (Movies), but the same also occurs for TV Shows. Currently, music doesn't have this implemented. If this feature is to be retained, and hasn't been removed (See Point 3, above) The skin needs to do additional checking to see if, for a given "Fanart" background, that there is an actual "ClearLOGO" to match, else skip it and try a different one. Otherwise the above scenario shown in the screenshot will persist. In this case, the fanart background is from the film "Fury" and the ClearLOGO is from "The Fly II", because Kodi either can't find, or hasn't yet cached the remote fanart for "The Fly II" from my NAS to the local thumbnails folder, so it keeps displaying the most recently successful image it could find until such times as it comes to a movie where it can show both images. This issue also happens in reverse (successful ClearLOGO, wrong fanart). I suspect that this is a shortcoming in the "Skin Playlist - Backgrounds" widget(s), rather than the skin, so this might be somewhat difficult to fix / work-around. Either way, it's a problem.

I need to take a closer look at this to understand how it works...

gibxxi Wrote:6. Mouse Versus Cursor Keys - Navigation Issue:

While this skin reports to "Not be compatible with mouse pointers", I've found that in the main, it is possible to navigate most (if not all) areas of the skin using the mouse pointer and a combination of <ESC> and <BACKSPACE> keys. Personally, I usually use cursor / arrow keys for navigation anyway, but there are a few dialog boxes that do not present the ability to navigate from the main portion of the dialog box / window to the "Cancel" button on the right-hand side...

Dialog Box Navigation - Unselectable "Cancel" button

It is not possible to use cursor keys (arrow keys) to select the "Cancel" button in this (example) dialog window, Attempting to use the <TAB> key also fails. You can however use the mouse pointer to select (and click on) it while the nag message states a lack of mouse support...

Dialog Box Navigation - Mouse Pointer Selection

This occurs on most dialog windows I've seen in this skin, that only present a "Cancel" button. The above screen shots are presented as an example, it is not limited to this area / add-on repository alone AFAIK.

Should be fixed Smile

gibxxi Wrote:7. Header Vs. Widgets Vs. ClearLOGO Issue:

I don't run Arctic Zephyr with the "Main Menu - Header" enabled, as I feel it covers up the background fanart too much, but since it's an option, I tried it out. For the same reason, I have widgets displayed "Only on pressing the UP Key" on the home screen. This however presents a few issues of it's own...

Home Screen - Widgets Shown on pressing UP

IMHO the header has too much height for the content displayed within it (Library stats + Weather & Time info - If enabled). Also, with Widgets visible, the ClearLOGO overlaps the header, where I think it should be hidden, since you cannot see a majority of the background at this point anyway. Finally, on pressing "UP", the library stats disappear, so I'm assuming the original idea may of been to hide the header as well, but as can be seen in the above screenshot, this currently doesn't happen. One of either the "ClearLOGO" or the header needs to be hidden upon widgets display to unclutter the screen, IMHO.

I have reduced the height of the header a bit, so that everything should fit now Smile

gibxxi Wrote:8. Feature Request - Music ClearLOGOs for "Home Screen - Menu" and "Music Visualization" screen (Alternative to "ClearART"):

(To clarify, I consider THIS to be "ClearART" and THIS to be ClearLOGO artwork - grey background generously supplied by imgur.com, lol).

Currently, on the home screen - main menu there is no provision for display of either type. And on the Visualization screen there is only an option in the OSD settings to select "ClearART"...

Music Visualization Screen - OSD "Settings" Menu

I would like to see "ClearLOGO" support, much like in the other skin I have installed...

Aeon Madnox 2.0 (Pre-Alpha) - Music Visualization Screen

...with a multi-option to select ONE of the following types:

i. None (Default)
    ii. ClearLOGO
    iii. ClearART

Having both on screen at the same time makes the Music Visualization screen look too cluttered, and since JurialMunkey designed this skin to be minimalist, it goes against the design he tried to create. I would keep it simple, with a maximum amount of ONE additional piece of artwork per screen over and above the default option (none), IMHO. Personally, I don't care much for "ClearART" artwork, as these are generally created from photographs, having had the background removed, and then shrunk in size to remove the inevitable "haloing" effect round the edges. I much prefer "ClearLOGO" artwork, but currently this isn't supported on either the Home Screen - Main Menu, or the Music Visualization screens in Arctic Zephyr. This was the point I tried (unsuccessfully) to make in our PMs, that resulted in you doing a load of work you then had to revert, so sorry for that.

It's included in the latest version. You can choose in skin/music-visualisation-settings your clearlogo/art type Smile Maybe you can have a look at position/size of clearlogo:

watch gallery

gibxxi Wrote:9. Conclusion.

Again, I want to make it clear at this point, that the above issues are simply feedback / suggestions. Please don't feel obligated to commit any of the changes I've highlighted. This is your project, and I'm not demanding anything here. What I've highlighted above, are changes I'd make if I had the coding skills and/or time to commit them. Unfortunately I have neither. Either way thanks for your continued support, and look forward to a small donation in the coming days for your efforts up to this point. Feel free to PM me if you require further clarification / screenshots / logs relating to anything I've posted up until now, and in the future.

Smile

Regards,

Dan / Gib.

It's all fine. Tips and improvement wishes are absolutely ok. You are welcome Smile

Testversion:
https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...master.zip
Hi BeatmasterRS,

I'll go over the points in my previous post with feedback (after your fixes) detailing my findings, in the order I posted, and you replied to them. I haven't quoted your reply as it will take up too much space here.

It's probably an issue with my setup, as my Powerline adapters use enforced QoS processing that cannot be outright-disabled. You get to choose one of 4 modes, and that's it. Seriously, avoid anything made by TP-Link. They rarely release firmware updates for their hardware, instead opting to release new hardware "revisions" that render those who bought earlier revisions in limbo. I also have an Archer VR2800 (Fibre-broadband modem-router) that's recieved one firmware update in two years, and the thing has quite a few niggling issues, anyway enough on that, moving swiftly on...

2. ClearLOGO display for home screen menu items (All Library Media Categories):

I was having literally no joy with the direct sync (from GitHUB) to my Kodi add-ons folder, so I deleted it and installed from the zip file you sent me. I also deleted the old "settings.xml" file. Hey presto, it's working. Probably would of worked had I kept the old way of doing things, and simply deleted the "settings.xml" file, and started again. But at this point in time, all (Skin Playlist) Backgrounds are working as expected for Movies, TV Shows and Music.

3. Hide Border Setting (Inconsistency):

It's working using the "Modern" and "Featured" main menu styles, but not with the "Classic" menu. Obviously, the "Vertical" style is exempt as that's not got a header or main menu bar. As a side-issue, with the "Featured" style menu, and the option "Show Bigger Home Menu Bar", the ClearLogo now overlaps the main menu. See screenshot below:

Main Menu - Featured Menu (Bigger Menu Bar)

4. Potential availability (inconsistency) between background fanart & displayed ClearLOGO:

Annoying and somewhat confusing (at first), but not game-breaking. Take your time on this one. As a side issue, on any given category, the (Skin Playlist) Backgrounds seem to queue up images in advance, so it sometimes takes a bit longer for the right artwork to show when moving between categories on the main menu. It might be worth investigating if it's possible to "break the loop" / "reset" it so it loads the correct artwork for that category a bit quicker, while navigating the main menu. Again, not a game-breaker, so not a priority.

6. Mouse Versus Cursor Keys - Navigation Issue:

Confirmed as fixed. Thanks!

Smile

7. Header Vs. Widgets Vs. ClearLOGO Issue:

Untested at this time as I've been unable to recreate the widget layout (as posted in the prior screenshot) in the small amount of time I had to look at it tonight. Will get back to you with regards this one.

EDIT: Confirmed as fixed, thanks!

8. Feature Request - Music ClearLOGOs for "Home Screen - Menu" and "Music Visualization" screen (Alternative to "ClearART"):

Confirmed - working as envisioned. Thanks a lot. Moving on from this, I see in the Movie and TV Show views, that you have ClearLogos shown at the "Top-Center" position in those views. Perhaps do the same for the Music Album "Icon/Wall Views" for consistency?

Wink

9. Conclusion:

After resetting / deleting the direct sync, some of the inconsistencies I mentioned in my last PM disappeared. This might of been down to an incompatible / old "settings.xml" file for this skin. It wouldn't be the first time I've come across an issue like this with an add-on before. I will re-try a direct sync from GitHUB again, as this is easier for me, but I'll backup / save the config, as it stands first, just in case.

In addition to my offer of going through your English settings labels, there are a few more (minor) bugs I've seen, mainly with text positioning / alignment / lengths, etc. but I'll leave reporting them for another day. Nothing too serious anyway (about 3 instances overall).

Smile

Regards,

Dan / Gib.
Hi BeatmasterRS,

Quickie: "Only display Widgets when pressing up" doesn't work with the "Featured" Main Menu type, if the "Show bigger home menu bar" option is enabled. Press "UP", and nothing happens. Without the option enabled, it works as expected.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
Thanks for this awesome mod @beatmasterrs !
In order to have more display possibilities with the Advanced Emulator Launcher addon, would it be possible to have the same views as those of movies and tv-shows?
And I take this opportunity to ask how to display the landscapes for the tv-shows and how to personalize power menu ?
(2020-02-24, 02:31)gibxxi Wrote: Hi BeatmasterRS,

Quickie: "Only display Widgets when pressing up" doesn't work with the "Featured" Main Menu type, if the "Show bigger home menu bar" option is enabled. Press "UP", and nothing happens. Without the option enabled, it works as expected.

Smile

Dan / Gib.

I've fixed some things for uniform design with clearlogo's within the last commit https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...af4e2f655c, also with hide border setting Smile
ClearLogo in album view is not possible imho, or can you maybe show me a skin where this is possible? Confused
(2020-02-24, 02:49)myghalloween Wrote: Thanks for this awesome mod @beatmasterrs !
In order to have more display possibilities with the Advanced Emulator Launcher addon, would it be possible to have the same views as those of movies and tv-shows?
And I take this opportunity to ask how to display the landscapes for the tv-shows and how to personalize power menu ?

I'll take a closer look at it, when all the bugs are fixed. The power menu cannot be personalized at the moment, but this is already on my to-do list Smile
(2020-02-25, 10:38)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-02-24, 02:49)myghalloween Wrote: Thanks for this awesome mod @beatmasterrs !

I'll take a closer look at it, when all the bugs are fixed. The power menu cannot be personalized at the moment, but this is already on my to-do list Smile

Hi. Do you know when Kodi 19 will be supported by your skin??
(2020-02-25, 11:42)buxtonlad Wrote:
(2020-02-25, 10:38)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Hi. Do you know when Kodi 19 will be supported by your skin?? 

As soon as the Kodi 19 status beta/pre-final is reached and the "problem" with the Phyton3 supported addons is solved. Some addons seem to have migrated already, or work is in progress. Smile This skin-mod will fully support kodi 19! Smile
(2020-02-25, 10:36)beatmasterrs Wrote: I've fixed some things for uniform design with clearlogo's within the last commit https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...af4e2f655c, also with hide border setting Smile
ClearLogo in album view is not possible imho, or can you maybe show me a skin where this is possible? Confused 

What I'm looking for, is possibly THIS, added HERE so the Music Library (Artist / Album View) is consistent with Movies and TV Shows. Specifically, ClearLogo artwork added to the bottom centre (or top-centre - you decide) for the artist, to which the selected album belongs. This could also be displayed in "Wall View" for the "Artists" section of the Music Library as well as "Albums".

Also, It would be nice to have a text label in the bottom right corner detailing the number of tracks in the selected album, and for "Artist" view, number of albums by that artist (Example), and also repeat the album title (in bold) in the header (or at the bottom-centre position). The text below the album artwork is small, so will be less easy to read at 10ft distance (for short-sighted people like me).

Alternatively, have the album name repeated (in bold), top-right, Artist ClearLogo bottom-right, and have No. of tracks bottom-left, followed by the (existing) star-rating (Wall View).

Wink

With regards widget display, this may not be a bug after all, but rather a lack of observation on my part. When changing the background for any main menu category to one of the (Skin Playlist) backgrounds, the "Widget" option will also change from "Fallback Widget" to "Background", and thus you need to alter this to restore the cursor-up widget display by selecting an appropriate widget for the category / main menu item being modified (as required). I didn't notice/expect the change to the "Widget". Now I know how it works, it makes sense. No point having a widget display content that does not match the background image for that category, after all.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
Hi BeatmasterRS,

Just downloaded your most recent additions / changes. Looking good, many thanks. Have got a few minor bugs to submit but will give you well earned rest for tonight (lol).

Wink

Not forgotten about going through your translations as promised, but don't have enough time week-nights to look at it. Will PM you something over the coming weekend as I need an hour or two to go through all the settings.

Thanks again.

Dan / Gib.
Hello everybody,

i want to display the imdb / rotten-tomatoes ratings and i can´t figure out, how i can do just that.
This is what i enabled in the leia-mod settings:

And it still looks like this:

Do i need to install an extra addon for this imformation to get scraped and display or do i need to tweak some settings ?

Kind regards,
elulith
(2020-02-27, 21:52)elulith Wrote: Hello everybody,

i want to display the imdb / rotten-tomatoes ratings and i can´t figure out, how i can do just that.
This is what i enabled in the leia-mod settings:

And it still looks like this:

Do i need to install an extra addon for this imformation to get scraped and display or do i need to tweak some settings ?

Kind regards,
elulith

sorry for my late response Confused
Unfortunately I can't remember it from my head, so I quote jurialmunkey:

jurialmunkey Wrote:1. Install the beta version of skin helper from marcelveldt's beta repository: https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip
2. Go to omdb and get an API key. If you are lucky you can get a free key, but please consider donating to omdb via Patreon to keep omdb alive: http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
3. Once you have an API key, go to Skin Settings > Supported Addons and click script.module.metadatautils to open its settings,
4. Go to the API section of the settings and enter your omdb api key, then press OK to save your settings.
5. Close Kodi and delete simplecache.db from kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache/simplecache.db
This step is not necessary and is only needed to force kodi to rebuild the skinhelper cache.
6. Open kodi and your ratings should now work. It can take a little while for skin helper to retrieve ratings for the focused item the first time around, so make sure you give it a little bit of time before reporting problems.
Hi @beatmasterrs,

thank you very much. It works Smile

Maybe you could add the instructions to your initial post, so everybody can find it easily.

Have a great weekend and best regards,
elulith
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11