• 141(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
Which add on is illegal
I'm sorry if I've done something wrong, I'm a novice but I'm guessing that this is just a skin not a build. It just happened to be in a build that I installed so please excuse my confusion. In saying that can I install this skin on any build that I have?
beatmasterrs, I cannot access your images as there all compiled so there is no way i can alter or try to improve on the ratings logos, is there a way i can get to them so i can test some out and post them to you.  also is the repo always the latest version.

Q1. Also noticed when i scan in my movie with a Atmos track the Atmos flag is displayed but soon as i play the movie it changes the flag to Dolby true hd ?
Q2. what do you call boxset images in the folder as when i add them the posters and fanart are blank? I have tried poster, folder, fanart and the collection name but there still blank? I used to automatically do this myself but wanted to know if there was a better way of automating the images when adding them to the library 
Q3, the image quality i am asking is the posters and thumbs as when they are shrunk, they seem pixelated and thought there might be a setting for higher quality as all my posters and fanart are in 4k res

thanks
(2021-03-28, 09:02)meridius Wrote: beatmasterrs, I cannot access your images as there all compiled so there is no way i can alter or try to improve on the ratings logos, is there a way i can get to them so i can test some out and post them to you.  also is the repo always the latest version.

Please use the Texture Tool to unzip the textures Smile

(2021-03-28, 09:02)meridius Wrote: Q1. Also noticed when i scan in my movie with a Atmos track the Atmos flag is displayed but soon as i play the movie it changes the flag to Dolby true hd ?

Please could you provide screenshots? 

(2021-03-28, 09:02)meridius Wrote: Q2. what do you call boxset images in the folder as when i add them the posters and fanart are blank? I have tried poster, folder, fanart and the collection name but there still blank? I used to automatically do this myself but wanted to know if there was a better way of automating the images when adding them to the library 

Please have a look at these lines, i only use kodi infolabels: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...#L118-L125

(2021-03-28, 09:02)meridius Wrote: Q3, the image quality i am asking is the posters and thumbs as when they are shrunk, they seem pixelated and thought there might be a setting for higher quality as all my posters and fanart are in 4k res

I have no idea if there is a kodi setting nor if sthis is skin relatet.
(2021-03-28, 10:24)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-28, 09:02)meridius Wrote: Q3, the image quality i am asking is the posters and thumbs as when they are shrunk, they seem pixelated and thought there might be a setting for higher quality as all my posters and fanart are in 4k res

I have no idea if there is a kodi setting nor if sthis is skin relatet.
It's not skin related, there is an option for this in advancedsettings.xml https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#imageres
so do i need to add this line in my advancedsettings.xml ?  to make the images better quality, what is Kodi set as default? and would it make a difference if you use higher res cache 

read this

Artwork/Cache - Official Kodi Wiki

Kodi version updates
From v18, the 1920x1080 resolution limitation has been removed. Using the following code in your advancedsettings.xml will allow caching artwork at original size. [2]
<imageres>9999</imageres>
<fanartres>9999</fanartres>

so to keep the original size you need to do this in  advancedsettings.xml, is that correct. and how do i remove the older cache images

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
</advancedsettings>
(2021-03-28, 11:45)meridius Wrote: so do i need to add this line in my advancedsettings.xml ?  to make the images better quality, what is Kodi set as default? and would it make a difference if you use higher res cache 

read this

Kodi version updates
From v18, the 1920x1080 resolution limitation has been removed. Using the following code in your advancedsettings.xml will allow caching artwork at original size. [2]

so to keep the original size you need to do this in  advancedsettings.xml, is that correct. and how do i remove the older cache images

</advancedsettings>
I think the defaults are imageres=720 & fanartres=1080, I just use <imageres>1080</imageres> and leave fanart at 1080 and it looks fine to me. You can experiment & see which works best for you. 9999 might be a bit overkill.

To clear the cached images I believe you would have to delete the userdata/Thumbnails folder & also the Textures.db folder from userdata/Database.
(2021-03-28, 15:15)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-03-28, 11:45)meridius Wrote: so do i need to add this line in my advancedsettings.xml ?  to make the images better quality, what is Kodi set as default? and would it make a difference if you use higher res cache 

read this

Kodi version updates

</advancedsettings>
I think the defaults are imageres=720 & fanartres=1080, I just use <imageres>1080</imageres> and leave fanart at 1080 and it looks fine to me. You can experiment & see which works best for you. 9999 might be a bit overkill.

To clear the cached images I believe you would have to delete the userdata/Thumbnails folder & also the Textures.db folder from userdata/Database.
will this option also improve the thumbs screenshots? what about when you upgrade to 4k in the future is it not best to build a data base with higher res 4k assets? would it slow the system down much. I noticed Stright away that the images where a little compressed with the new matrix version. also, i am upgrading from XBMC 12 yes that's right XBMC 12 lol.  rally never needed to update until now so i am having a play with the new version as there is a lot to sort and tinker with until i sort out my full library.

[align=initial] [/align]
[align=initial] [/align]
1080p for posters & fanart looks good enough for me, maybe if you have an 80-inch screen it would be worth using the raw images, but I don't see the benefit of taking the hit in performance & storage, but that's just my view. I suppose it depends on your device as to whether you will see any performance issues and/or storage problems, probably best to try it out for yourself and let your eyes tell you which option is correct for you.
(2021-03-28, 01:47)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 09:33)PSTrophy Wrote: @beatmasterrs I was just wondering what the URL is for your matrix repo so I can add it as a source. Thanks

It should be https://beatmasterrs.github.io

Smile

Thanks my dude. By the way it looks like the playlist issues returned Sad Posted on GH.
What is the reason for sometimes not showing the right clearlogo?

This one is right as you can see:

​​​​​​Image

And this one it's showing a poster? (At the top in the middle) (And yes, I have a clearlogo and logo picture in my folder, both clearlogo.png and logo.png

​​​​​​Image

Can someone please tell me what's wrong here?
(2021-03-29, 07:03)Aaiemron Wrote: What is the reason for sometimes not showing the right clearlogo?

And this one it's showing a poster? (At the top in the middle) (And yes, I have a clearlogo and logo picture in my folder, both clearlogo.png and logo.png

Does this also happen on other skins?
(2021-03-29, 19:53)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-29, 07:03)Aaiemron Wrote: What is the reason for sometimes not showing the right clearlogo?

Does this also happen on other skins?
Yes it does. (So it's something on my side)

I checked my clearlogo resolution etc and everything is like it should be:
800x310 with a transparant background and it's an png file.

TV shows that do display the logo in the right way have exactly the same properties. Strange isn't it?

It's not skin related so sorry for asking you this question.
I will see if I can find a solution.

Thanks anyway
I am currently working on alternative watched indicators for posters/fanart. When I started with the Leia mod, I had already included them in some places in the skin for testing purposes, but never really made them usable.
In master-branch there were many layout-code optimizations after 1.1.31, so code was simplified and reduced. I hope that when the alternate watched flags are implemented, everything still works...

Wow they look cool. Just hoping the colours can be changed because black for watched is just wrong somehow lol, maybe green for watched, red for new and blue for in progress.... Wink Just noticed the new testing branch don't mind if I do Smile Will these new indicators display on widgets also?
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11