• 163(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2021-04-27, 16:04)ellega Wrote:
(2021-04-27, 11:02)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-04-26, 23:46)ellega Wrote: A new setting  Confused with all "multi-widgets" layout for reset all widgets position after 3 second without activity or when we go back to the main menu.

Can you explain this in more detail please? Smile

Actualy if you navigate on the widget items, the widget slide to left or to right  :
1 - when you go back to the home menu the widgets stay to last position.
2 - or when you navigate to an other widget with UP or DOWN the last widget focused stay to last position.

Like this :

My suggestion is settings for reset all widgets position after a tempo 3s for example when:
1 - you go back to the home menu
2 - the widget is not focus anymore

It's clearer for you ? Big Grin

PS : I know you have already started a job around "movement improvements" : Smile
https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...nt-testing

Hi how did you get your widgets to be so close together?
(2021-04-28, 05:02)magnetic Wrote: Hi how did you get your widgets to be so close together?

here i use : [home menu style] [Vertical Multi-Widgets]

You can used also : [home menu style] [Modern Multi-Widgets]

in both cases you must use at least 2 widgets like this :

(2021-04-27, 23:23)beatmasterrs Wrote:  So you mean an option for "show icons" in "customize home menu" which appears depending on the selected layout?

arf...  Confused , I understand that we don't understand each other for this topic  Big Grin
less words more pictures can help

I'm a newbie, I use for first time "Vertical Multi-widgets / Vertical Multi-widgets Netflix / Modern Multi-widgets / Modern Multi-widgets Netflix" layout.

then if I go in [customise home menu] :

I have this options :

What I expected is this :

to have this you must go back in [Settings] and then enable [show icons]

(this should only be used to decide whether to display the icons or not in the home menu)

then you can go back in [custom home menu] to have this :

I pay several beers to the guys who figured out how to do it the first time Tongue
If I can says 2 things about the [Skin-settings]  Big Grin

1 - Perhaps put [Home menu Style] in the first place before [Custom home menu]

2 - have more visible section titles. Just a little bit Smile

(2021-04-28, 08:34)ellega Wrote:
(2021-04-27, 23:23)beatmasterrs Wrote:  So you mean an option for "show icons" in "customize home menu" which appears depending on the selected layout?

arf...  Confused , I understand that we don't understand each other for this topic  Big Grin

I'm a newbie, I use for first time "Vertical Multi-widgets / Vertical Multi-widgets Netflix / Modern Multi-widgets / Modern Multi-widgets Netflix" layout.

I have this options :

(this should only be used to decide whether to display the icons or not in the home menu)

I pay several beers to the guys who figured out how to do it the first time Tongue
Why would you expect to be able to Select an icon if Show Icons is false, it's not logical as far as I can tell.
(2021-04-28, 09:53)FXB78 Wrote: Why would you expect to be able to Select an icon if Show Icons is false, it's not logical as far as I can tell.

1 - It's useless and it complicates the user experience for nothing
2 - Why the same logical is not applied for "Background" in this case ?

With [Replace Widget fanart with background] not enable the option [Background] in the menu [customise home menu] is always displayed.

Because you can still have a background without [Replace Widget fanart with background], but you can't have icons without [Show icons]. For example where there is no fanart it will show the background, but without Show Icons it will never show icons.
(2021-04-28, 10:51)FXB78 Wrote: Because you can still have a background without [Replace Widget fanart with background], but you can't have icons without [Show icons]. For example where there is no fanart it will show the background, but without Show Icons it will never show icons.

ok, the problem is in my side. Because I would like settings from top to the bottom. A setting on bottom that change options on top without know bugs me.
anyway thanks for your answers
Can we have setting for disable mouse? Every time I start my CoreELEC device I got warning about mouse in top left corner.
(2021-04-28, 13:35)nfm886 Wrote: Can we have setting for disable mouse? Every time I start my CoreELEC device I got warning about mouse in top left corner.

Are you disable mouse in kodi settings ?

(2021-04-28, 13:43)ellega Wrote:
(2021-04-28, 13:35)nfm886 Wrote: Can we have setting for disable mouse? Every time I start my CoreELEC device I got warning about mouse in top left corner.

Are you disable mouse in kodi settings ?

Oh I did not. I think this did the job. Thanks! ^^

I though it depends on skin settings since Titan BINGIE has this setting.
(2021-04-28, 08:34)ellega Wrote: arf...  Confused , I understand that we don't understand each other for this topic  Big Grin

I have this options :

I thought long and hard about how to solve the problem, but I couldn't think of anything. Big Grin Then I looked how it was solved in other skins. Some do it like this and others like this Big Grin Some changes I have to get used to before I think they are good or bad. We will see Smile

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...esting.zip
(2021-04-28, 19:23)beatmasterrs Wrote: I thought long and hard about how to solve the problem, but I couldn't think of anything. Big Grin Then I looked how it was solved in other skins. Some do it like this and others like this Big Grin Some changes I have to get used to before I think they are good or bad. We will see Smile

Tested and Yes it is that I expected. Thank you Smile

Like I said to @FXB78  , I'm expecting a top to bottom setting. A setting at the bottom that  shows or hides some options at the top bothers me.
It is not natural and friendly for user not technical or expert. In the end it's the majority.

I fully understand your point of view too.
so I leave you the choice of the decision to merge or not this. Smile

Anyway thank you for your work  Wink
(2021-04-28, 21:45)ellega Wrote:
(2021-04-28, 19:23)beatmasterrs Wrote: I thought long and hard about how to solve the problem, but I couldn't think of anything. Big Grin Then I looked how it was solved in other skins. Some do it like this and others like this Big Grin Some changes I have to get used to before I think they are good or bad. We will see Smile

Tested and Yes it is that I expected. Thank you Smile

Like I said to @FXB78  , I'm expecting a top to bottom setting. A setting at the bottom that  shows or hides some options at the top bothers me.
It is not natural and friendly for user not technical or expert. In the end it's the majority.

I fully understand your point of view too.
so I leave you the choice of the decision to merge or not this. Smile

Anyway thank you for your work  Wink

What about this? Smile

watch gallery

A "Select Icon" button would therefore be obsolete Smile

Tests: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...esting.zip
(2021-04-28, 22:43)beatmasterrs Wrote: What about this? Smile

watch gallery

A "Select Icon" button would therefore be obsolete Smile

Tests: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...esting.zip

Tested. Ergonomics, friendly, more simple. all advantages. Just wonderfull and perfect.  Big Grin
Thanks a lot  Smile
  • 163(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11