• 248(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2021-09-13, 16:37)nojoe Wrote: @beatmasterrs changelog link is dead in start topic!  Wink

Thanks, should be fixed now
(2021-09-13, 16:02)beatmasterrs Wrote: Weather fullscreen widget issues with hard to read text/labels has been fixed Smile

PR: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...d/pull/516

ZIP: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...-patch.zip

Indeed it is better in all way: consistancy and for read. Thanks Smile
I dont know if it just me but.

When I create a Homescreen Section with 2 or more multiple widgets rows, the movies/tvshows entries of the second (or third, or fourth and on) widget row that doesnt have background (fanart), shows the fanart of the previously selected movie/tvshow entry from the first widget row, like it is using that fanart as a fallback background. I have tried setting fallback image and doesn't work on this case, just same result.

Example with pictures:

First widget row on homescreen, selecting a tvshow entry with its correct fanart.

Selecting a no background entry on the second widget row (the "more" button), it just uses as fallback the previously selected entry from the first widget row.

Selecting a movie entry from the fourth widget row, as the previous pic, this entry doesn't have an assigned fanart (background), showing in the same way the background from the last selected item from the first widget row, again as a fallback image.

Those entries shouldn't show an image as neither of them have a background image assigned.

Is this just me, or on purpose or a bug?.

Thank you.
(2021-09-13, 21:33)rodainas Wrote: Those entries shouldn't show an image as neither of them have a background image assigned.

Thank you.

Nope it is not just you. I don't think so is on purpose too Smile
To say the true is not so simple. The code for this part is a bit complicated. there are lot of situation to handle.

@beatmasterrs when I have some time I will try to fix that. I know your love for "background" part Big Grin
(2021-09-13, 23:47)Nanomani Wrote:
(2021-09-13, 21:33)rodainas Wrote: Those entries shouldn't show an image as neither of them have a background image assigned.

Thank you.

To say the true is not so simple. The code for this part is a bit complicated. there are lot of situation to handle.

@beatmasterrs when I have some time I will try to fix that. I know your love for "background" part Big Grin

Great!

Thank you for clearing my doubts, it was more of a curiosity so no pressure or rush with this.

Thank you.

Thanks a lot Smile
(2021-09-13, 21:33)rodainas Wrote: The same happens when the first widget is empty like "in progress movies " and the focus is on home menu but when you focus items in widget the background It's correct. I posted a video some time ago that shows this. It wiThose entries shouldn't show an image as neither of them have a background image assigned.

Thank you.

The same happens when the first widget is empty like "in progress movies " and the focus is on home menu but when you focus items in widget the background It's correct. I posted a video some time ago that shows this. It will be awesome if you could fix it !!
(2021-09-14, 11:43)Zurg Wrote:
(2021-09-13, 21:33)rodainas Wrote: The same happens when the first widget is empty like "in progress movies " and the focus is on home menu but when you focus items in widget the background It's correct. I posted a video some time ago that shows this. It wiThose entries shouldn't show an image as neither of them have a background image assigned.

Thank you.

The same happens when the first widget is empty like "in progress movies " and the focus is on home menu but when you focus items in widget the background It's correct. I posted a video some time ago that shows this. It will be awesome if you could fix it !!

It is not same behaviour here. Right ?

reproduce ? 

1 - first widget with "in progress movies " and a empty list
=> all is good. your main menu have a his background displayed

2 - first widget with "in progress movies " and the list is not empty
=> it is not good. your main menu have the fanart displayed of the first item in widget "in progress movies "

To be sure to understand. is it that ?
(2021-09-14, 15:06)Nanomani Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 11:43)Zurg Wrote:
(2021-09-13, 23:47)Nanomani Wrote: Nope it is not just you. I don't think so is on purpose too Smile

reproduce ? 

=> it is not good. your main menu have the fanart displayed of the first item in widget "in progress movies "

It's like this I hope you can understand
(2021-09-14, 16:15)Zurg Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 11:43)Zurg Wrote: The same happens when the first widget is empty like "in progress movies " and the focus is on home menu but when you focus items in widget the background It's correct. I posted a video some time ago that shows this. It will be awesome if you could fix it !!

reproduce ? 

Is the same root problem I mentioned above, but i didnt talk about hovering over menu items, but the mechanic is the same, in absence of background for the selected item (movie/tv show on secondaries widget rows or menu item) it uses the background from the last selected element on the first widget row for each section.
(2021-09-14, 16:25)rodainas Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 15:06)Nanomani Wrote: It is not same behaviour here. Right ?

reproduce ? 

Is the same root problem I mentioned above, but i didnt talk about hovering over menu items, but the mechanic is the same, in absence of background for the selected item (movie/tv show on secondaries row or menu item) it uses the background from the last selected element on the first widget row on each section.
Yes the mechanic is the same of yours
(2021-09-14, 11:43)Zurg Wrote: The same happens when the first widget is empty like "in progress movies " and the focus is on home menu but when you focus items in widget the background It's correct. I posted a video some time ago that shows this. It will be awesome if you could fix it !!

reproduce ? 

Ok it is clear now. Thanks
I will try to do my best.

There are so many times when you think you are fixing something and there is a new side effect.
It's just a nightmare to test all the possibilities. Smile 

Anyway when i have a test version i will let you know
(2021-09-14, 17:37)Nanomani Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 15:06)Nanomani Wrote: It is not same behaviour here. Right ?

reproduce ? 

Ok it is clear now. Thanks
I will try to do my best.

There are so many times when you think you are fixing something and there is a new side effect.
It's just a nightmare to test all the possibilities. Smile 

Anyway when i have a test version i will let you know

Thank You !!
@rodainas @Zurg 

If you want to test Smile

Fix case there is no fanart for item on Widgets (2, 3 ,4, 5, 6) with this logic :
fanart (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => main menu background (yes/no?) => "no background"

ZIP : https://github.com/Nanomani/skin.arctic....idgets.zip

EDIT 1 : For the main menu the logic is like this :

main menu background (yes/no?) => fanart item 1 widget 1 (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => "no background"
(2021-09-14, 20:45)Nanomani Wrote: @rodainas @Zurg 

If you want to test Smile

Fix case there is no fanart for item on Widgets (2, 3 ,4, 5, 6) with this logic :
fanart (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => main menu background (yes/no?) => "no background"

ZIP : https://github.com/Nanomani/skin.arctic....idgets.zip

EDIT 1 : For the main menu the logic is like this :

main menu background (yes/no?) => fanart item 1 widget 1 (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => "no background"

That was fast.

Great job!

Is working perfectly here.

Thank you so much @Nanomani
  • 248(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11