• 249(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2021-09-14, 16:25)rodainas Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 16:15)Zurg Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 15:06)Nanomani Wrote: It is not same behaviour here. Right ?

reproduce ? 

1 - first widget with "in progress movies " and a empty list
=> all is good. your main menu have a his background displayed

2 - first widget with "in progress movies " and the list is not empty
=> it is not good. your main menu have the fanart displayed of the first item in widget "in progress movies "

To be sure to understand. is it that ?

It's like this I hope you can understand
Is the same root problem I mentioned above, but i didnt talk about hovering over menu items, but the mechanic is the same, in absence of background for the selected item (movie/tv show on secondaries widget rows or menu item) it uses the background from the last selected element on the first widget row for each section.

For this part is better now ?
From what am seeing is the same behavior. For menu items, it still shows the background from the last selected entry of the first widget row for that section. Although not necessarily a bad behavior, it'll be weird (not consistent) if you enable "On down, when at last widget, widgets do not return to initial position" it will keep showing that same background but this time focused on another widget row with no relation to the background being showed up.

Edit:
Tested with a fallback image, and the entries from the widget rows obey the fallback image, with the menu item it isn't obeying the fallback image instead it keeps using the background from the last entry from the first widget row.
(2021-09-14, 20:45)Nanomani Wrote: @rodainas @Zurg 

If you want to test Smile

Fix case there is no fanart for item on Widgets (2, 3 ,4, 5, 6) with this logic :
fanart (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => main menu background (yes/no?) => "no background"

ZIP : https://github.com/Nanomani/skin.arctic....idgets.zip

EDIT 1 : For the main menu the logic is like this :

main menu background (yes/no?) => fanart item 1 widget 1 (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => "no background"

Thank you for your effort. The issue showed by @rodainas It's fixed but there is still the problem you saw in my video
(2021-09-14, 22:57)rodainas Wrote: From what am seeing is the same behavior. For menu items, it still shows the background from the last selected entry of the first widget row for that section.

I think @beatmasterrs make the choice to displayed first item of the first widget by default for a better user experience.
Because when you start the first time AZR there is no main menu background set and no fallback image set too.
The idea here is to have always a background image when you focus menu with no more logic Smile
Perhaps I wrong

Then you are right,focus menu items shows the background from the last selected entry of the first widget row for that section
You expected to have always the background from the first item of the first widget or something else ?

At this point I have absolutely no idea how to improve this. It is not a bug Smile
Perhaps the best way is to use a background for your menu ?
(2021-09-14, 23:27)Nanomani Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 22:57)rodainas Wrote: From what am seeing is the same behavior. For menu items, it still shows the background from the last selected entry of the first widget row for that section.

I think @beatmasterrs make the choice to displayed first item of the first widget by default for a better user experience.
Because when you start the first time AZR there is no main menu background set and no fallback image set too.
The idea here is to have always a background image when you focus menu with no more logic Smile
Perhaps I wrong

Then you are right,focus menu items shows the background from the last selected entry of the first widget row for that section
You expected to have always the background from the first item of the first widget or something else ?

For me it sounds about right, for my use case is perfect, but for example: using the option  "On down, when at last widget, widgets do not return to initial position" breaks the consistency on that logic.

Edit:
My bad it obeys the background from Customize Home Menu, the background section is just for the widgets. So I think for someone that doesn't want to see the widget background when focusing the menu item, can set a background from Customize Home Menu.
(2021-09-14, 23:07)Zurg Wrote:

Fix case there is no fanart for item on Widgets (2, 3 ,4, 5, 6) with this logic :
fanart (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => main menu background (yes/no?) => "no background"

main menu background (yes/no?) => fanart item 1 widget 1 (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => "no background"

Thank you for your effort. The issue showed by @rodainas It's fixed but there is still the problem you saw in my video

Please read this : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3060242
Perhaps I wrong but there is no bug. I think there is a misunderstanding. Smile

Do you use a custom background for your menus ?

Skin settings => home => customise home menu :

(2021-09-15, 00:05)Nanomani Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 23:07)Zurg Wrote:

No I dont't use background with movie and tv shows widget. What I understood is that the background of the firts item in the first widget is forced with others items in the 2,3,4,5,6 widget when you focus home menu cause of limitation of AZR language right !?
Anyone know of a search widget which can show you real time results as you type on screen.  Similar to how netflix does it.
(2021-09-15, 00:55)Zurg Wrote:
(2021-09-15, 00:05)Nanomani Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 23:07)Zurg Wrote: Thank you for your effort. The issue showed by @rodainas It's fixed but there is still the problem you saw in my video

No I dont't use background with movie and tv shows widget. What I understood is that the background of the firts item in the first widget is forced with others items in the 2,3,4,5,6 widget when you focus home menu cause of limitation of AZR language right !?

Yes something like that. With the menu you must use custom background with each menu to be sure to have always the same background every time Smile
(2021-09-15, 01:20)Nanomani Wrote:
(2021-09-15, 00:55)Zurg Wrote:
(2021-09-15, 00:05)Nanomani Wrote: Please read this : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3060242

Yes something like that. With the menu you must use custom background with each menu to be sure to have always the same background every time Smile

Am using wrap list for all the widget rows and the effect is that every time I return to the menu items from any widget row (2,3,4,5, or 6), the widget row go straight to number 1, so at least when focusing on menu item it shows the background that corresponds to the item on the widget row currently shown (which is widget row 1).
(2021-09-14, 22:57)rodainas Wrote: Tested with a fallback image, and the entries from the widget rows obey the fallback image, with the menu item it isn't obeying the fallback image instead it keeps using the background from the last entry from the first widget row.

It is the actual logic Smile

For the main menu the logic is like this :

Perhaps this must be change to :

main menu background (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => fanart item 1 widget 1 (yes/no?) => " no background"

It is easy to change.
But this decision is not mine Smile
(2021-09-15, 07:35)Nanomani Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 22:57)rodainas Wrote: Tested with a fallback image, and the entries from the widget rows obey the fallback image, with the menu item it isn't obeying the fallback image instead it keeps using the background from the last entry from the first widget row.

It is the actual logic Smile

For the main menu the logic is like this :

Perhaps this must be change to :

main menu background (yes/no?) => fallback image (yes/no?) => fanart item 1 widget 1 (yes/no?) => " no background"

It is easy to change.
But this decision is not mine Smile

As you already mentioned, the conditions are very complex. Smile The option "On down, when at last widget, widgets do not return to initial position" mentioned here is only an option for an alternative behavior of the widgets. Whether it is possible to always display the correct background image in all cases, I don't know. If you have an idea how everything is possible with all options, that would be the best solution, of course. Smile

If I see it correctly, there are currently 2 possible solutions? Maybe you can create 2 PR's and describe the differences so I can test it?

Thanks for your great work! Smile

EDIT: For me personally, the most important thing would be that when I am in widget 2 and the item has no background, no background from widget 1 is used Smile
(2021-09-15, 08:05)beatmasterrs Wrote: If I see it correctly, there are currently 2 possible solutions? Maybe you can create 2 PR's and describe the differences so I can test it?

Sure I can do that.
(2021-09-15, 08:05)beatmasterrs Wrote: Thanks for your great work! Smile

You're welcome Smile
(2021-09-15, 08:05)beatmasterrs Wrote: EDIT: For me personally, the most important thing would be that when I am in widget 2 and the item has no background, no background from widget 1 is used Smile

This part is fixed now Smile
(2021-09-15, 01:01)terpsarlington Wrote: Anyone know of a search widget which can show you real time results as you type on screen.  Similar to how netflix does it.

Not yet. I'm working on an extended search function right now. Maybe that would be a cool idea to include. I'll have to think about it Smile
@rodainas @Zurg 

If you are curious I have post an other PR :

ZIP : https://github.com/Nanomani/skin.arctic....gets-2.zip

This one fix alway the cases there is no fanart for item on Widgets (2, 3 ,4 ,5 ,6)

But it change the logic when focus "menu / sub menu" or "slide out"
If there is no custom background set for each menu so "fallback image" is check before "​fanart item 1 of widget 1"/"fanart last item selected of widget 1"

I don't know if this is better for user experience  Huh

EDIT : I m very happy with custom background for each menu and no "fallback image"
  • 249(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11