• 262(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2021-10-19, 11:58)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-10-19, 00:29)meridius Wrote:
(2021-10-19, 00:21)beatmasterrs Wrote: The auto trailer feature plays the path, the infolabel listitem.trailer contains. If the infolabel for a tvshow contains a path, that path will be played. For me in Kodi 19, if scraping tvshows with the default phyton scraper, nearly all scraped tvshows have a trailer path available.

So currently there is nothing I can do from the skin side. Add-ons like tmdb helper to get a fallback trailer path are not possible for auto trailer yet, except playing trailers manually from dialog video info: there is a fallback function implemented with bingje helper script.

so if i had this

Folder: Squid game
Squid Game-Trailer.mp4

that should play ? as its not working.  I scrape my movies with ember and tv shows with Kodi but i did not have the trailer in the folder when i scraped it using kodi would that matter?

also does tv tunes and movie tunes still work on this version

thanks

Unfortunately, I cannot answer these questions for you, such as how you have to scrape local trailers or whether this works with tv and/or movie tunes. The skin uses the only official way to play trailers, which is the "ListItem.Trailer" InfoLabel:

Quote:Shows the full trailer path with filename of the currently selected movie in a container

I am currently working on supporting "moviefolder/trailer.mp4" as well. Initial tests are going well, but I can't promise anything. We will see
Hi thanks

got it to work sort of, I can only get it to work if i save the trailer to a folder on the pc that  i am running Kodi from and not from a server with the trailer saved in its own tv show folder as it needs to be able to find the trailer from the server pc not the pc that is running the front end as i have 3 pc running Kodi.  I have tried \\SERVER\TV Shows 01 (D)\Squid Game\trailer.mp4 but it does not work only if i use a path that Kodi is running on e.g. d:\trailerfolder\trailer.mp4 it works. any ideas? as i use SMB and MySQL for shares and library.

the other thing i noticed in the skin, if you pick fanart flix v2 episodes view for (tv shows) it displays landscape images for the tv shows which is great as i use them for my tv shows but then plays the trailer in the upper right window and when you select the tv show and displays the episode view with fanart flix v2 episodes view it continues to play the trailer until you move the cursor to the next episode and stops and then displays the wallpaper.

1. is there a way to stop the trailer as soon as you go in that episode view?
2. is there a way to get all actor images loaded into kodi as some are missing but if you pick the actor then push up the image of the actor is there but will not download it into the empty actor image? some shows have all boxes full with an image and some tv shows are empty but if you select that actor and up the image is there but cannot be added and i Have the option of download actor images selected.

thanks
(2021-10-19, 23:40)meridius Wrote: Hi thanks

got it to work sort of, I can only get it to work if i save the trailer to a folder on the pc that  i am running Kodi from and not from a server with the trailer saved in its own tv show folder as it needs to be able to find the trailer from the server pc not the pc that is running the front end as i have 3 pc running Kodi.  I have tried \\SERVER\TV Shows 01 (D)\Squid Game\trailer.mp4 but it does not work only if i use a path that Kodi is running on e.g. d:\trailerfolder\trailer.mp4 it works. any ideas? as i use SMB and MySQL for shares and library.

I have no idea, sorry. You should ask your question in the related forum section.

(2021-10-19, 23:40)meridius Wrote: the other thing i noticed in the skin, if you pick fanart flix v2 episodes view for (tv shows) it displays landscape images for the tv shows which is great and then plays the trailer in the upper right window but then when you select the tv show and displays the episode view with fanart flix v2 episodes view it continues to play the trailer until you move the cursor to the next episode and stops and then displays the wallpaper.

I have made a fix for that. Please be sure, that you have enabled the "Stop playback on next" option in skin settings > furniture > auto playing trailers.

Zip: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...atch-2.zip

(2021-10-19, 23:40)meridius Wrote: 2. is there a way to get all actor images loaded into kodi as some are missing but if you pick the actor then push up the image of the actor is there but will not download it into the empty actor image?

If you press "up" on an actor image, extended infos from sualfreds embuary.info addon are loaded, thats the difference. Maybe it helps, if you refresh the movies/... information by the scraper.
(2021-10-20, 00:55)beatmasterrs Wrote:

I have no idea, sorry. You should ask your question in the related forum section.

(2021-10-19, 23:40)meridius Wrote: the other thing i noticed in the skin, if you pick fanart flix v2 episodes view for (tv shows) it displays landscape images for the tv shows which is great and then plays the trailer in the upper right window but then when you select the tv show and displays the episode view with fanart flix v2 episodes view it continues to play the trailer until you move the cursor to the next episode and stops and then displays the wallpaper.

I have made a fix for that. Please be sure, that you have enabled the "Stop playback on next" option in skin settings > furniture > auto playing trailers.

(2021-10-19, 23:40)meridius Wrote: 2. is there a way to get all actor images loaded into kodi as some are missing but if you pick the actor then push up the image of the actor is there but will not download it into the empty actor image?

If you press "up" on an actor image, extended infos from sualfreds embuary.info addon are loaded, thats the difference. Maybe it helps, if you refresh the movies/... information by the scraper.

thanks, will try that out, do i just unpack this folder over the installed repo version? will i lose my settings

thanks
(2021-10-20, 23:02)meridius Wrote:

thanks, will try that out, do i just unpack this folder over the installed repo version? will i lose my settings

thanks

You can overwrite all files with the files in the archive, yes...

Or simply install the zip through the addon manager, but then you loose the auto update function and have to install the skin from the Kodi repo again, once the patch is merged and a new update is available, to get automatic updates again...
(2021-10-20, 23:35)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 23:02)meridius Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 00:55)beatmasterrs Wrote: I have no idea, sorry. You should ask your question in the related forum section.

thanks

You can overwrite all files with the files in the archive, yes...

Or simply install the zip through the addon manager, but then you loose the auto update function and have to install the skin from the Kodi repo again, once the patch is merged and a new update is available, to get automatic updates again...

Thanks

Just figured out how to get the trailers working for tv shows through a SMB share from a server as well,  its strange why movie trailers just work but tv shows you have to create a link in the .nfo file to make them work. also fig out how to get movie collection posters and fanart to auto load every time you add a movie collection as in the past you had to go through every single collection and add a poster and fanart which was a right pain and time consuming.
I've got multiwidgets running for my home screens. For TV Shows, the widget is set to display New Unwatched Episodes, but lately the thumbnails for some of the new episodes are missing. It just shows a placeholder image. They do show up eventually, but they used to be there right away. Not sure if this is a Kodi issue, or something to do with the skin and/or dependencies. 

Is anyone else having this issue? Or know what I can check in my settings? I'm running this on a Shield, without a keyboard or mouse, so it's difficult to dig too much into logs and such. Thanks!

I cannot find this option? with the new download i installed the folder to the roaming folder and just removed the skin folder and replaced it with this one you linked to me and named it the same as the precious installed version

the option i cannot find is 

thanks
(2021-10-21, 23:48)meridius Wrote:

I cannot find this option? with the new download i installed the folder to the roaming folder and just removed the skin folder and replaced it with this one you linked to me and named it the same as the precious installed version

thanks

Please have a look here:

(2021-10-21, 23:59)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 23:48)meridius Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 00:55)beatmasterrs Wrote: I have no idea, sorry. You should ask your question in the related forum section.

thanks

Please have a look here:

hi thanks found it. the problem is still there when in tv shows view the video plays automatically as it should but when you select the tv show and its then selected an episode without moving to the next episode it keeps playing the trailer untill you slect another episode to stop the trailer. so should the trailer not stop playing as soon as you select the tv show and it highlights the episode. 

thanks
(2021-10-22, 00:56)meridius Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 23:59)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 23:48)meridius Wrote: I cannot find this option? with the new download i installed the folder to the roaming folder and just removed the skin folder and replaced it with this one you linked to me and named it the same as the precious installed version

thanks

Please have a look here:

hi thanks found it. the problem is still there when in tv shows view the video plays automatically as it should but when you select the tv show and its then selected an episode without moving to the next episode it keeps playing the trailer untill you slect another episode to stop the trailer. so should the trailer not stop playing as soon as you select the tv show and it highlights the episode. 

thanks

It works so far, with one exception: when the same view type is used for TvShow and episodes...

Maybe i will find a solution for that, I don't know. No promises.
(2021-10-22, 01:18)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 00:56)meridius Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 23:59)beatmasterrs Wrote: Please have a look here:

thanks

It works so far, with one exception: when the same view type is used for TvShow and episodes...

Hi there I see, as i use fanart flix v2 episodes on both tv show and episode views as i like using landscape views for the tv shows and episodes as they are nice and big and well laid out.

the only way i got this to work so far is

tv shows set to fanart flix V2 episodes
episodes set to Fanart Flix Episodes

thanks for the input and the new fix for the skin did fix the problem but like you say there seems to be an issue when you pick the same views on both. the only solution if it cannot be done with code is maybe to create the same view again but call it something different like

Fanart Flix V2 Episodes trailers
Fanart Flix V2 Episodes

just an idea

also would love to see the same type of wallpaper view in list V2 as the well as that would be a good one for my tv shows poster view but there is no wallpaper in the top right-hand corner like the other views. could this be added and called list V2 wallpaper or something 

thanks

cheers, excellent skin by the way and I used many. there is one view i would love to see but that's in an older skin

I see a lot of them audio and movie codec images are still been used i remember doing them a few years back for the original skin designer. happy to see them in your project.
(2021-10-23, 14:09)meridius Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 01:18)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 00:56)meridius Wrote: hi thanks found it. the problem is still there when in tv shows view the video plays automatically as it should but when you select the tv show and its then selected an episode without moving to the next episode it keeps playing the trailer untill you slect another episode to stop the trailer. so should the trailer not stop playing as soon as you select the tv show and it highlights the episode. 

thanks

Hi there I see, as i use fanart flix v2 episodes on both tv show and episode views as i like using landscape views for the tv shows and episodes as they are nice and big and well laid out.

thanks for the input and the new fix for the skin did fix the problem but like you say there seems to be an issue when you pick the same views on both. the only solution if it cannot be done with code is maybe to create the same view again but call it something different like

Fanart Flix V2 Episodes

I think i have found a better way of doing that, then double the code. I have made a little custom helper dialog, that checks, if the container contents episodes and a trailer is playing. And if so, the playback will stop. My first tests are going well, so please test this version here:

Zip: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...atch-3.zip
PR: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...d/pull/598

Please note, that no changes of the previous patch are included here, scince this is not needed anymore. So it's nessesary, to overwrite all files with the ones in the zip. Please test an let me know, if that fixes the behaviour Smile

(2021-10-23, 14:09)meridius Wrote: just an idea

also would love to see the same type of wallpaper view in list V2 as the well as that would be a good one for my tv shows poster view but there is no wallpaper in the top right-hand corner like the other views. could this be added and called list V2 wallpaper or something 

Unfortunately there is not enough space for that.
Installed the skin yesterday and I like it very much. One thing I had in Arctic Zephyr 2 that I can not see here is, in List view the watch indicator would show quarter circle, half circle and three quarter circle depending on how much of the video you've seen. Now it shows half circle only. I'm using the Reloaded indicators
(2021-10-23, 15:17)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-10-23, 14:09)meridius Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 01:18)beatmasterrs Wrote: It works so far, with one exception: when the same view type is used for TvShow and episodes...

Fanart Flix V2 Episodes

I think i have found a better way of doing that, then double the code. I have made a little custom helper dialog, that checks, if the container contents episodes and a trailer is playing. And if so, the playback will stop. My first tests are going well, so please test this version here:

Zip: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...atch-3.zip
PR: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...d/pull/598

Please note, that no changes of the previous patch are included here, scince this is not needed anymore. So it's nessesary, to overwrite all files with the ones in the zip. Please test an let me know, if that fixes the behaviour Smile
(2021-10-23, 14:09)meridius Wrote: just an idea

Unfortunately there is not enough space for that.

it fixed the problem with single season tv shows where it jumps Stright to the episodes from the TV shows it stops playing the trailer.

But it does not work if the tv show  has more than one season and when you go into the seasons views (poster Flix v2) it still plays the trailer until you movie to a different season and strops. Patch 2 did not do this and worked correctly.

also you said "there is Unfortunately there is not enough space for that." for list tv 2 is that for a new view for no space?  iif so can you not add it to the list view 2 view that is there now.

thanks
(2021-10-24, 09:08)meridius Wrote: it fixed the problem with single season tv shows where it jumps Stright to the episodes from the TV shows it stops playing the trailer.

But it does not work if the tv show  has more than one season and when you go into the seasons views (poster Flix v2) it still plays the trailer until you movie to a different season and strops. Patch 2 did not do this and worked correctly.

Thanks for pointing this out. Now, this also works, when the container content is 'seasons'.

(2021-10-24, 09:08)meridius Wrote: also you said "there is Unfortunately there is not enough space for that." for list tv 2 is that for a new view for no space?  iif so can you not add it to the list view 2 view that is there now.

thanks

I meant that there is not enough space on the screen in the "List V2" view. The pot would have too less space or would overlap the fanart, which would not look good.
  • 262(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11