• 288(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
Background fanart doesn't load when I'm hovering over TV Shows but loads fine when hover over Movies. The background for TV shows is just plain black. Netflix fanart shows up normally, it's just the background that doesn't show. Is it because I'm using an embuary helper widget for TV shows? If I use embuary helper instead of litebox for the blur effect then it works fine but there's a delay between loading the netflix fanart and the background fanart that bugs me.

TV Shows: https://imgur.com/a/4j5TicN
Movies: https://imgur.com/gW8Hswo
(2022-01-12, 05:20)Reckoner89 Wrote: Background fanart doesn't load when I'm hovering over TV Shows but loads fine when hover over Movies. The background for TV shows is just plain black. Netflix fanart shows up normally, it's just the background that doesn't show. Is it because I'm using an embuary helper widget for TV shows? If I use embuary helper instead of litebox for the blur effect then it works fine but there's a delay between loading the netflix fanart and the background fanart that bugs me.

TV Shows: https://imgur.com/a/4j5TicN
Movies: https://imgur.com/gW8Hswo

That seems to be an issue with litebox. Maybe you could explain your issue in the related thread? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363433

If you use embuary helper for blur, you can speed up background changing in settings > add-ons > embuary helper > service interval time.
@beatmasterrs  So you can't do what I asked?
(2022-01-11, 12:55)forsajd Wrote: Hi: you could set permanently what I choose, eg I want POSTER FLIX V2, but when I load the following videos, it gives the display mode again
List. Aura skin mod has this option to set the default display, it would be very nice if that option was also Arctic.
Well thank you.

This option is already available in the skin. It's in skin settings > extras > forced views. If enabled, you will get a checkbox in view settings, where you can set a view to a content type.
Hello, 

I've done a fresh kodi matrix install with this skin and populated my list from my emby server. However, I seem to be missing the moviesets\collections menu. Is this because I am using emby?

Also, I can't seem to get rottentomatoes or metacritics ratings to show up. I've installed the Universal Movie Scraper and put in my omdb key but it doesn't seem to be working.
(2022-01-12, 12:44)peterock Wrote: Hello, 

I've done a fresh kodi matrix install with this skin and populated my list from my emby server. However, I seem to be missing the moviesets\collections menu. Is this because I am using emby?

Also, I can't seem to get rottentomatoes or metacritics ratings to show up. I've installed the Universal Movie Scraper and put in my omdb key but it doesn't seem to be working.

The only thing i can help you with, is to get rt & mc ratings: If you have set your omdb key in tmdbhelper addon, please go to skin settings > furniture > select media flags. Enable rottentomatoes & metacritic and the ratings should show up, when tmdbhelper has any data for the selected movie/tvshow/etc.
@beatmasterrs I tried to provide my suggestions and document them through Github. I haven't done this before, so please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist with this or to document it better in Github.
(2022-01-12, 14:49)HoleyBoley Wrote: @beatmasterrs I tried to provide my suggestions and document them through Github. I haven't done this before, so please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist with this or document it better in Github.

Thanks for your effort. Of course, PR' can be submitted, I welcome that. But it would be helpful if the changes were sufficiently tested before Smile E.g: if you choose the light theme, the background/fanart is dark instead of light. So a black bg.jpg isn't the right way, as there were light colored areas in the top/bottom left before.
(2022-01-12, 15:10)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 14:49)HoleyBoley Wrote: @beatmasterrs I tried to provide my suggestions and document them through Github. I haven't done this before, so please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist with this or document it better in Github.

Thanks for your effort. Of course, PR' can be submitted, I welcome that. But it would be helpful if the changes were sufficiently tested before Smile E.g: if you choose the light theme, the background/fanart is dark instead of light. So a black bg.jpg isn't the right way, as there were light colored areas in the top/bottom left before.

I wrote that down about the bg.jpg in the commits and descriptions on Github. The new PNGs are likely suitable for the Light theme, but the new bg JPG is likely only suitable for the Dark theme. Did I not write it down in the right place? Apologies if so.

I'm not sure it's possible to have a bg.jpg that works for both Dark and Light themes (which is why I didn't bother testing it with Light). I suppose it isn't workable to dynamically use either version depending on the chosen settings (EDIT: e.g. have both Light and Dark versions of the JPG (or even the PNGs too) in the textures.xbt)?

EDIT2: ah I see now that I've suggested the changes directly to the master. I instead meant to suggest a separate branch(?) so we could discuss and test possible solutions. As said, I'm very new to Github. Apologies for any confusion.
(2022-01-12, 15:21)HoleyBoley Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 15:10)beatmasterrs Wrote:

I wrote that down about the bg.jpg in the commits and descriptions on Github. The new PNGs are likely suitable for the Light theme, but the new bg JPG is likely only suitable for the Dark theme. Did I not write it down in the right place? Apologies if so.

I'm not sure it's possible to have a bg.jpg that works for both Dark and Light themes (which is why I didn't bother testing it with Light). I suppose it isn't workable to dynamically use either version depending on the chosen settings (EDIT: e.g. have both Light and Dark versions of the JPG (or even the PNGs too) in the textures.xbt)?

EDIT2: ah I see now that I've suggested the changes directly to the master. I instead meant to suggest a separate branch(?) so we could discuss and test possible solutions. As said, I'm very new to Github. Apologies for any confusion.

I will create a new branch for testing, when I'm home Smile
(2022-01-12, 17:33)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 15:21)HoleyBoley Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 15:10)beatmasterrs Wrote: Thanks for your effort. Of course, PR' can be submitted, I welcome that. But it would be helpful if the changes were sufficiently tested before Smile E.g: if you choose the light theme, the background/fanart is dark instead of light. So a black bg.jpg isn't the right way, as there were light colored areas in the top/bottom left before.

I will create a new branch for testing, when I'm home Smile

Awesome!

I don't fully grasp the code, but looking at some recent commits you did, it seems you've already explored possibilities for use of a variable floor.png and bg.jpg. Maybe this could tie into that nicely.
@beatmasterrs  I set view mode POSTER FLIX V2 and click on the lock, but when I load the following videos, DOUBLE-FliX mode is displayed, not POSTER FLIX V2
(2022-01-12, 23:31)forsajd Wrote: @beatmasterrs  I set view mode POSTER FLIX V2 and click on the lock, but when I load the following videos, DOUBLE-FliX mode is displayed, not POSTER FLIX V2

I've seen this happen too. Do you happen to have your max items in page set to "unlimited" in the skin settings as well?
(2022-01-12, 23:31)forsajd Wrote: @beatmasterrs  I set view mode POSTER FLIX V2 and click on the lock, but when I load the following videos, DOUBLE-FliX mode is displayed, not POSTER FLIX V2

Works fine for me. What content are you using? Local -or addon content?
@beatmasterrs addon content
  • 288(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11