• 373(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2023-04-01, 01:02)boblo Wrote: @beatmasterrs : Thank you very much for your hard work. How can I show file sizes in File Manager? If this is not possible, please add an option for future releases, it's useful. The default Estuary skin shows this info.

Regards.

I have mentioned this to beatmasterrs before but nothing was done, maybe another person mentioning the file size may prompt a happy reply!
And if the change is sanctioned, maybe the removal of the year in front of the file name for the movie could be instigated.

I look forward to a reply to my 2 comprehensive suggestions mentioned on the previous page. I await with eager eyes.
(2023-04-01, 11:08)robertlaing Wrote:
(2023-04-01, 01:02)boblo Wrote: @beatmasterrs : Thank you very much for your hard work. How can I show file sizes in File Manager? If this is not possible, please add an option for future releases, it's useful. The default Estuary skin shows this info.

Regards.

I have mentioned this to beatmasterrs before but nothing was done, maybe another person mentioning the file size may prompt a happy reply!
And if the change is sanctioned, maybe the removal of the year in front of the file name for the movie could be instigated.

I look forward to a reply to my 2 comprehensive suggestions mentioned on the previous page. I await with eager eyes.
Good to know, but I'm afraid that if not enough people are interested in this feature, he won't implement it (that's logical). However, other skins like Rapier have this feature. My guess is he has not implemented it because most people use Kodi in 'Collection Mode' (with plots, posters, ratings...) and file size is not relevant in that way. But I use Kodi in plain File Manager mode (without posters, ratings...)

I have more suggestions for new releases:
- Allow the user to change foreground color of selected and unselected items in List Mode.
- Allow the user to select the media flags to be shown for playback (in Video/Music OSD submenu). Currently media flags only can be changed for List Mode.

Thanks in advance and regards.
Hi boblo, hopefully these thing can be added.

I have come up with several improvements to the skin which would make the skin a joy to use and I have my fingers crossed that they are implemented.

It is good when the skinner works with the users of their skin and we can look for ways to improve the skin.
They donate their spare time and so do we, testing out the skin and pointing out any errors and suggesting improvements.
It is always good when people work together.
Oh turn it in, if you want a skin PRECISELY the way you want then you should learn to code and fork it and then you can tweak it to your heart's content.

This isn't "Robert's requests" thread you know.
What a lovely person you are!
(2023-04-01, 15:06)BigRedJim Wrote: Oh turn it in, if you want a skin PRECISELY the way you want then you should learn to code and fork it and then you can tweak it to your heart's content.

This isn't "Robert's requests" thread you know.
If you are absolutely satisfied with the current state of the skin, why are you participating in this thread? I don't see you participating to thank the author for his work, whereas I have (and @robertlaing has too). On the other hand, those features do NOT affect other users who don't want them, as they can always be disabled. So, what's the problem?
2 posts and they join this thread to express some sort of anger towards me!

Why?

What harm have I done?

Have they read this thread in its entirety and see how people have requested improvements and beatmasterrs has in most cases improved the skin.
It is an evolving skin as the others are. How many iterations has Kodi gone through!!!

If people do not have the skills to work on a skin but come up with good ideas on how to make the skin easier to use, why should they be picked on.

Thanks boblo for your reply, much appreciated.
Just for fun and my need I have added 2 new settings for background : 

1 - one for applis the effect "Litebox blur / twotone / pixelate" in Netflix home windows or flix view :

Pixelate :

Twotone :

2 - one for setting brightness for Dialog Info Video/music :

Pixelate :

Twotone :

EDIT : Extend "setting brightness" for others views "not Flix" (List, ...) it is the next step but IMHO it is a bit more complicated.
Nanomani, very nice indeed.

I see beatmasterrs has been very quiet recently.

Do you think my idea of date premiered, date added, date watched for movies and tv shows is a nice touch, although these dates are in the estuary skin so I cannot take any credit. LOL!!!

However for the album release date DD/MM/YYY, I think that is a good idea. I have a lot of albums from the same year and it would be nice to see the full release date on album and song info.
I assume that since the year is extracted from the date field, it must be as I have the full date present, then it would be just a case of showing the full date rather than the year.
And this would have no impact on those who just have the year in the date field, the year would still show, but to those whose music library contains the full date, then the extra date info would be shown.

All I have ever done is suggest nice little improvements to the skin, spotting any errors and asking for things that are already in the default skin which a lot of people would have got used to seeing.

All I can hope is that beatmasterrs reads our ideas, thoughts and improvements and over time when he is amending the code, implements some of our ideas.

The skin is fantastic and one of the best out there, it is just a few little tweaks, in most cases to match the default skin, that would make this skin perfect.

Like you Nanomani, I have other ideas as well but I thought I would ask beatmasterrs initially to add these little touches which would make a big difference to how the movie, tv and music is presented as far as info in concerned.

I look forward to seeing how this skin develops....

Thanks for reading.
(2023-04-03, 11:15)robertlaing Wrote: Nanomani, very nice indeed.

Thanks

(2023-04-03, 11:15)robertlaing Wrote: I see beatmasterrs has been very quiet recently.

Beatmasterrs is free. 
This is just a hobby and should be fun for everyone.
Don't take it personally

(2023-04-03, 11:15)robertlaing Wrote: Do you think my idea of date premiered, date added, date watched for movies and tv shows is a nice touch, although these dates are in the estuary skin so I cannot take any credit. LOL!!!

My personnal thinkings :
1 - this don't fit with the AZR spirit: light and clean
2 - there is not enought place where you want :

(2023-04-03, 11:15)robertlaing Wrote: However for the album release date DD/MM/YYY, I think that is a good idea. I have a lot of albums from the same year and it would be nice to see the full release date on album and song info.
I assume that since the year is extracted from the date field, it must be as I have the full date present, then it would be just a case of showing the full date rather than the year.
And this would have no impact on those who just have the year in the date field, the year would still show, but to those whose music library contains the full date, then the extra date info would be shown.

What I think is not important. I share projects, suggestions. Afterwards, everyone is free to follow up or not.
Why not Just give some time to Beatmasterrs.

(2023-04-03, 11:15)robertlaing Wrote: All I have ever done is suggest nice little improvements to the skin, spotting any errors and asking for things that are already in the default skin which a lot of people would have got used to seeing.
All I can hope is that beatmasterrs reads our ideas, thoughts and improvements and over time when he is amending the code, implements some of our ideas.

I'm sure he reads them but he might want to do some development for him right now.
he must have fun too. Just be patient

(2023-04-03, 11:15)robertlaing Wrote: The skin is fantastic and one of the best out there, it is just a few little tweaks, in most cases to match the default skin, that would make this skin perfect.
Like you Nanomani, I have other ideas as well but I thought I would ask beatmasterrs initially to add these little touches which would make a big difference to how the movie, tv and music is presented as far as info in concerned.

Perhaps your free time is not the same as Beatmasterrs. Unconsciously you put a little pressure Smile

A few years ago I knew absolutely nothing about kodi, xml. I m not a developper in real life.
Now if i need i try by myself. Even today everything takes me time but it's still fun.
I understand that this is not possible for everyone...

(2023-04-03, 11:15)robertlaing Wrote: I look forward to seeing how this skin develops....

Be patient.
Beatmasterrs has been working on a lot of new feature improvement lately and some of your requests
All this developpement takes lot of free time and must remain a pleasure
(2023-03-31, 15:18)robertlaing Wrote: A few suggestion to make the skin even better:

Show dates for movies when on the info screen, date premiered, date added, date watched:

[..]

Would look lovely and provide more detailed info for the dates for movies, tv shows and music.

Perfect!

I looked at the release date for albums and songs. Yes, theoretically you could implement that - in the info dialog. In the views it is only possible with a lot of effort, because a certain consistency is necessary. Therefore, this info will probably not be available for the time being. As for the other additional info: On the one hand, there is not enough space for it and on the other hand, I don't think that every piece of information about an entry is necessary. The skin displays the essential things and I'm happy with that.
There are a few cool little changes in the now playing screen. For db-based content, you can open the info dialog by clicking on the cover.

Also, the list shows the next songs, which you can now select directly.

Thanks for the reply.

Been having a think about what you say about consistency.

On the movie info screen would it be possible to show instead of the Year, the full premiered date for the movie?
And the same for the TV series info screen, show the full date when the series started instead of the Year?
Similar for the episode info screen, instead of the year, show the date the episode was first shown.

The Year is shown anyway, just a case of expanding that and it would need no further space.

And the same for the album first released date, expand the date instead of showing just the Year

Just a suggestion to help you think about things.

So basically instead of the using the word Year, the word Date could be shown across all 3 media info screens.
And it would reflect what was being shown as well with just a very small change.
Nice feature, shame about the artist! Laugh
Hi beatmasterrs, could you point me in the direction of where I can edit the ratings (as displayed under movies and shows)?
  • 373(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11