• 377(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
I have to laugh here to myself.

Keep the skin simple, keep the options simple, keep the look simple, I keep being told!

All I have asked for is keeping things simple.

Yet I read about improvements being added to the skin, which are complex, convoluted options and a whole host of coding.

Yet my simple requests to move the stars to the end, add a few dates, OSD button on the music player screen etc are met with replies as if I had asked for a complete re-write of the skin.

As I said at the start of this reply, you have made me chuckle and brought a big smile to my face!!! Laugh Big Grin

Priceless!!!
@beatmasterrs :
Will the 'view file sizes' feature be available in the next version, or is it too early? No rush, I'm just curious.

Thank you
(2023-04-06, 15:26)boblo Wrote: @beatmasterrs :
Will the 'view file sizes' feature be available in the next version, or is it too early? No rush, I'm just curious.

Thank you

If I still manage to test everything yes. At the latest in version 2.0.4 Smile
Will you be removing the year in the above change?

1975 Jaws (1975).mp4   2hr 4 mins

to become

Jaws (1975).mp4  1.35GB

I have my files sorted by A-Z and it is off putting to see the year first.
As you are working on the now playing screen, I have noticed that if you select Artist/Album Information to be shown, the Album name is missing.

As can be seen in this example:

https://imgur.com/a/ZWXkTwL

I see you can now have the next 5 songs to be played on the now playing screen.
This is in addition to the normal Kodi playlist and of course your infamous side view playlist.
That is 3 play lists I can see, is not that overkill? Laugh
Keeping the skin simple would involve just keeping the normal Kodi play list which is just a button away.

Yet I ask for the OSD buttons to be placed on the music player screen and you say no chance. Wink
Yet the OSD buttons appear on the now playing screen and again on your side view playlist!

Obviously I am perplexed!!!
Confused Laugh
(2023-04-06, 14:07)beatmasterrs Wrote: It would be nice to focus the control area. This works as far as it goes, but the button e.g. 14 is not colored, although it is focused.

Indeed after some quick test/tracking/code no way. :/
(2023-04-06, 14:07)beatmasterrs Wrote: Could you, if you have time, take a look at the current master? Especially with the "Auto show now playing infi after 5 seconds delay if hidden" option enabled. The "hide, when not focused/used" and "Only, when widget is focused" options should also work with it. So actually everything should work...

All works fine and smooth in all situation like expected for me Smile
(2023-04-06, 14:07)beatmasterrs Wrote: I'm going crazy with all the options and conditions Big Grin

Now that I'm just beginning to understand the whole thing, I easily believe you. Wink
What is simple and must remain simple in appearance for the user is not so for the developer...
(2023-04-06, 18:07)Nanomani Wrote:
(2023-04-06, 14:07)beatmasterrs Wrote: It would be nice to focus the control area. This works as far as it goes, but the button e.g. 14 is not colored, although it is focused.

Indeed after some quick test/tracking/code no way. :/
(2023-04-06, 14:07)beatmasterrs Wrote: Could you, if you have time, take a look at the current master? Especially with the "Auto show now playing infi after 5 seconds delay if hidden" option enabled. The "hide, when not focused/used" and "Only, when widget is focused" options should also work with it. So actually everything should work...

All works fine and smooth in all situation like expected for me Smile
(2023-04-06, 14:07)beatmasterrs Wrote: I'm going crazy with all the options and conditions Big Grin

Now that I'm just beginning to understand the whole thing, I easily believe you. Wink
What is simple and must remain simple in appearance for the user is not so for the developer...

If you use alarmclock() 1 second for setfocus to 14, it will work, but with a delay this looks not good Sad 

Thanks for testing Smile Smile Smile

Thank you

Could you please take a look and test this zip? https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...tch-17.zip
(2023-04-06, 11:10)robertlaing Wrote: What is cinema experience? Would be interested to know.

cinema experience (dead) and cinema vision (not supported, dying if not dead) and now preshow experience (actively in development) are pre-roll addons that play video sequences before the main feature to give a real theater like experience for movie nights. PreShow Experience is a fork of cinema vision and has many enhancements already completed. (i am a user - i get no monetary benefits from preshow experience).

you can play trivia slides, trailers, custom intros, ratings bumpers, bumpers for audio formats (Atmos, DTS:X, etc.) and customize intros based on movie attributes (genre, year, producer, or custom tags) - example i have preshow sequences for 80s movies that play trailers from the 80s. i was sad when CV died and ecstatic when the PreShow devs spun off. that's why i help them where i can, because i don't want it to die again LOL. 

my first skinning was on this skin because a user asked for it to be more compatible with preshow  (turning off the dialog busy) and the main devs were swamped so i figured it was a good time to learn skinning.  while i was doing that, i found i really like this skin, but i wanted it a little different on one of the views, so i figured out how to do that. 

i'm new here, so i'm not sure if it's ok to post the link, but it's easily found. they are about to submit to be in the official kodi repo
(2023-04-06, 10:53)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2023-04-06, 05:37)garzilla Wrote: @beatmasterrs 
since cinema experience and cinema vision are dead and PreShow Experience is being actively developed, would it be ok to remove those dead items from the skin and add PreShow Experience support or would you prefer i add in a conditional layer that hides those old items if the user has the PreShow add-on installed? 

also is there an easy way to translate "PreShow Experience" to all the different languages? i did it using google but that wasn't fun LOL

In most cases, the code just needs to be replaced, which is perfectly fine. Maybe we should just keep the words "cinema experience"? Here it is only about the name of the button in the DialogVideoInfo.

cool - i removed some dead code relating to cinema experience and cinema vision as well. all trailer and pre-roll paths are handled in the add-on now so some of the menu options were irrelevant now. 

the pull request should be up tonight
yeeeee haw! first pull request created. i hope you like it Smile
(2023-04-07, 02:08)garzilla Wrote: yeeeee haw! first pull request created. i hope you like it Smile

a few advice  :
1 - split your PR by feature / improvement. That mean 1 PR for "small wall info" and 1 PR for "Preshow "
2 - giving all language files is not useful at first (just english)

it is more easy for the dev and 1 PR can be accepted and not the other. Smile
(2023-04-06, 20:05)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Thank you

Could you please take a look and test this zip? https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...tch-17.zip

I have tested this and cannot see any changes.

To recap:

Go into the relevant library section, access the file option to list the various media.

Music looks fine.

Name of song.mp3    File Size

TV Shows

Name of Epsiode.mp4  Duration

Duration should be replaced by file size.

Movies

1980 Name of Movie (1980).mp4 Duration

1980 should be removed, duration should be replaced by file size.

This would match Estuary that shows the files sizes for each media item.

p.s.

As you are working on the now playing screen, I have noticed that if you select Artist/Album Information to be shown, the Album name is missing.

As can be seen in this example:

https://imgur.com/a/ZWXkTwL
(2023-04-07, 09:47)Nanomani Wrote:
(2023-04-07, 02:08)garzilla Wrote: yeeeee haw! first pull request created. i hope you like it Smile

a few advice  :
1 - split your PR by feature / improvement. That mean 1 PR for "small wall info" and 1 PR for "Preshow "
2 - giving all language files is not useful at first (just english)

it is more easy for the dev and 1 PR can be accepted and not the other. Smile

i appreciate that feedback - it makes total sense!
The filsize-branch has been updated:

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...tch-17.zip
  • 377(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11