• 382(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
Hello,

I'm wondering how to get a "warched" state icon for online video sources (e.g. Netflix, Mediathek) similar to that which is enabled for items in the local library. I know this is possible with other skins, but it's missing in Arctic Zephyr Reloaded. I don't find a view mode which displays this information.
However, if I toggle "hide watched" in the context menu when browsing online media, the items which I have already seen are not hidden, but discernible because they now are displayed with their runtime?!?! So this information is available somehow.
(2023-05-26, 05:36)Nosepull Wrote: Hello,

I'm wondering how to get a "warched" state icon for online video sources (e.g. Netflix, Mediathek) similar to that which is enabled for items in the local library. I know this is possible with other skins, but it's missing in Arctic Zephyr Reloaded. I don't find a view mode which displays this information.
However, if I toggle "hide watched" in the context menu when browsing online media, the items which I have already seen are not hidden, but discernible because they now are displayed with their runtime?!?! So this information is available somehow.

Is there a video addon that shows this issue that I could test with?
(2023-05-25, 13:48)trd716 Wrote: Is it possible to edit the Context Menus at all? I would like to remove a lot of selections that I don't find useful. Such as: Browse into, Play Next, Add to Favorites, etc.

Thank you!

Nope, the context menu is controlled by kodi.
(2023-05-23, 17:20)AngryBird Wrote: Can you add a Play Trailer option somewhere to the context menu?  There used to be a add-on for that, but it doesn't appear it's been updated for Nexus.  Another post I've seen says it can be done within the skin.

Would save jumping back and forth to different information screens when trying to decide which movie to watch.  Once trailer was done playing it would return to original screen like below.

For me the solution, you saw in an other skin is unfortunately not enough. I was not happy with the standard focus.
(2023-05-26, 18:01)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2023-05-23, 17:20)AngryBird Wrote: Can you add a Play Trailer option somewhere to the context menu?  There used to be a add-on for that, but it doesn't appear it's been updated for Nexus.  Another post I've seen says it can be done within the skin.

Would save jumping back and forth to different information screens when trying to decide which movie to watch.  Once trailer was done playing it would return to original screen like below.

For me the solution, you saw in an other skin is unfortunately not enough. I was not happy with the standard focus.

Ahh, okay.  Maybe someone will resurrect the add-on someday.  Thanks for checking.
Kodi Omega (arm64) nightly, nVidia Shield Pro 2019 SE 9.1.1+Hotfix (Android 11), Samsung Q8FN, Synology DS1821+ DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4
(2023-05-26, 17:54)beatmasterrs Wrote:

E.g. https://github.com/rols1/Kodi-Addon-ARDundZDF
I don't find a view that shows me the "watched" state. However, if I select "Hide watched..." [or whatever the exact wording is] from the side menu, all watched entries are suddenly displayed with their length (which is another info that is missing from the views).
It seems to happen for other online video sources, too, e.g. the Netflix addon.
(2023-05-26, 20:26)Nosepull Wrote:
(2023-05-26, 17:54)beatmasterrs Wrote:

I don't find a view that shows me the "watched" state. However, if I select "Hide watched..." [or whatever the exact wording is] from the side menu, all watched entries are suddenly displayed with their length (which is another info that is missing from the views).

by using the ardundzdf addon, i can not change the viewtype to a better one for episodes, because no content type is provided by the addon, when i'm in episodes. I'll have to take a closer look when I have a little more time. My time is somewhat limited at the moment. But for the list view the following change should be fine.

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...0_List.xml
https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...57a86ff527

the View_50_List.xml needs to be replaced Smile
(2023-05-26, 21:18)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2023-05-26, 20:26)Nosepull Wrote:
(2023-05-26, 17:54)beatmasterrs Wrote: Is there a video addon that shows this issue that I could test with?

by using the ardundzdf addon, i can not change the viewtype to a better one for episodes, because no content type is provided by the addon, when i'm in episodes. I'll have to take a closer look when I have a little more time. My time is somewhat limited at the moment. But for the list view the following change should be fine.

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...0_List.xml
https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...57a86ff527

the View_50_List.xml needs to be replaced Smile

Thanks, that seems to work. Now newly watched content is marked as "watched". I'm a bit surprised, however, that content I watched before implementing your fix is now still marked as "unwatched", I would have assumed that this is a flag not dependent on the skin?!?
Still the behaviour is that the "hide watched" toggle displays the run time for formerly watched content.
(2023-05-26, 17:58)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2023-05-25, 13:48)trd716 Wrote: Is it possible to edit the Context Menus at all? I would like to remove a lot of selections that I don't find useful. Such as: Browse into, Play Next, Add to Favorites, etc.

Thank you!

Nope, the context menu is controlled by kodi.
Thank you. However, I did ask about this on the LibreELEC forums and they pointed me to the Skin author 🤷

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/27155-...u-options/
Intel NUC 11 NUC11PAHi3 // LibreELEC 11.0
@beatmasterrs: It would be possible to make an adjustment in Home Menu Style "Vertical Multi-Widgets Netflix":

1) show only the movie name  and the year in the title with smaller font (not the genres of the movie). Movie genres are shown one line lower (smaller font)
2) if the "Show reflections" option is turned on, the header will not be displayed (RadioButton is automatically unchecked)

https://ibb.co/TrNfV5P
https://ibb.co/1r76HsD

Thanky you
^^ i would also like to only have the episode title in vertical netflix widget view for next up widgets instead of show name - episode title.

for some reason my next up widgets using jellycon use fanart instead of thumbs in landscape view. how do i get thumbs instead? thanks.
beatmasterrs, thank you for your ongoing great work on this skin. I particularly like your Poster Flix v2 view but was wondering if it is possible to have 1.5 rows of posters rather than 1 (see below - from titan bingie v1). The main reason is when there are lots of movies, it is easier to see what else is available and to scroll down to the next row. I think that view is under View_521_Minimal_V2. Is this something that I can easily modify by forcing a second row to create this look?

(2023-06-03, 04:02)satelly Wrote: beatmasterrs, thank you for your ongoing great work on this skin. I particularly like your Poster Flix v2 view but was wondering if it is possible to have 1.5 rows of posters rather than 1 (see below - from titan bingie v1). The main reason is when there are lots of movies, it is easier to see what else is available and to scroll down to the next row. I think that view is under View_521_Minimal_V2. Is this something that I can easily modify by forcing a second row to create this look?

This is possible, but I will not include this because all widgets are FullScreen widgets, meaning the entire page scrolls up or down. Sorry. If you are femilar with coding, try it Smile
(2023-06-03, 12:43)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2023-06-03, 04:02)satelly Wrote:  

This is possible, but I will not include this because all widgets are FullScreen widgets, meaning the entire page scrolls up or down. Sorry. If you are femilar with coding, try it Smile
Thanks for the reply.  I think the coding is way beyond me. 1 other thing. I noticed when I chose the Modern home menu, choosing default, bigger or alternative for the home menu bar does not change anything, unlike when I chose the Clean and minimal where there are obvious changes. This is using Kodi 20.1
(2023-06-03, 14:17)satelly Wrote:
(2023-06-03, 12:43)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2023-06-03, 04:02)satelly Wrote:  

Thanks for the reply.  I think the coding is way beyond me. 1 other thing. I noticed when I chose the Modern home menu, choosing default, bigger or alternative for the home menu bar does change anything, unlike when I chose the Clean and minimal. This is using Kodi 20.1

Thanks for pointing this out. This option needs to be disabled, when this home menu type is selected. Will be fixed soon.
  • 382(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11