• 5(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
A new feature called Mezzmo Movie Collection has been added to the Mezzmo Kodi addon as of versions 1.1.7.4 and 2.1.7.4 . 

The approach taken does not require any special file naming, folder structures, NFO file updates etc.  The Mezzmo Kodi Addon approach requires nothing complicated and is simply driven by Mezzmo keywords which contain the string ### in a keyword. Movie collections can be different versions, releases, formats or any other movie collection grouping you wish to define. They don't need to have anything in common other than the same keyword containing ###.  Mezzmo keywords sync to Kodi as tags and provide a centralized approach to managing and sharing your libraries.  

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Awesome news, on my way to test it. Thanks.
(2023-01-29, 19:10)jbinkley60 Wrote: A new feature called Mezzmo Movie Collection has been added to the Mezzmo Kodi addon as of versions 1.1.7.4 and 2.1.7.4 . 

Versions 1.1.7.5 and 2.1.75 were released today that adds support for Music Video Collections with the Mezzmo Kodi addon..

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-02-02, 23:08)jbinkley60 Wrote: Versions 1.1.7.5 and 2.1.75 were released today that adds support for Music Video Collections with the Mezzmo Kodi addon..

Versions 1.1.7.8 and 2.1.7.8 were released today that adds support for TV episodes to the Mezzmo Movie Collection features.  Now you can have a collection with consists of any or all of these media types without any changes to your current content pathing, file naming or similar.  Simply add the Mezzmo collection keyword to the media in your collection and the rest is automatic.  The Mezzmo Kodi addon accomplishes this by doing a Mezzmo keyword search against the Mezzmo server when you request to see a movie collection from Kodi.  This is dynamically updated and shared across all of your Kodi devices.  Non-Kodi devices can access the same collections by leveraging a Mezzmo Smart Playlist against the Mezzmo Collection keyword.    

Thanks,

Jeff
Has any movement happened with this featture? Specifically a native solution, not a 3rd party add on.
I had an idea for something similar. My idea is file name based and tags to show up over movie cover pictures. For example "The Simpsons Movie (2007).Extended.mp4" and all between # would appear in KODI. I know, can all be done by custom cover pictures. This way you dont have to setup versions for all the movies, you could include it in the file name as i have to example in the Lord of the rings movies just to keep track what version the file is.
Came here to suggest this feature. Several other mediacenter oriented software are now offering it, it would be great having it in Kodi too.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2022-05-27, 12:50)ccope Wrote: I've opened a new PR here, in case anyone would like to test it out: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/21469
What exactly happened here? I see ccope closing the PR by deleting the head repository but I don't know what that means.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
wouldnt this be a skin request rather than a core kodi request, core kodi doesnt display information

unless the request is to put this into the database when scraping ... not sure if kodi is ready for another field in the database
(2023-05-07, 14:49)ashlar Wrote:
(2022-05-27, 12:50)ccope Wrote: I've opened a new PR here, in case anyone would like to test it out: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/21469
What exactly happened here? I see ccope closing the PR by deleting the head repository but I don't know what that means.
It means ccope lost interest and no longer want to progress it, as they've deleted their copy of the Kodi code repo.
(2023-05-07, 15:02)jepsizofye Wrote: wouldnt this be a skin request rather than a core kodi request, core kodi doesnt display information

unless the request is to put this into the database when scraping ... not sure if kodi is ready for another field in the database
Nope needs to be a database feature so the details of multiple versions of a movie can be stored.
(2023-05-07, 22:22)jjd-uk Wrote: Nope needs to be a database feature so the details of multiple versions of a movie can be stored.

I implemented my solution leveraging tags, to avoid video database changes.  This approach, without leveraging an outside database to populate Kodi,  would still likely require scraper changes or manual editing of the associated movies and skin updates to support.  It might be able to be done similarly with a stand-alone addon but I'd have to give it a bit more thought and syncing amongst Kodi instances could be likely problematic. 

Thanks,

Jeff
(2023-05-07, 22:20)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2023-05-07, 14:49)ashlar Wrote:
It means ccope lost interest and no longer want to progress it, as they've deleted their copy of the Kodi code repo.
But was his/her work lost?
(2023-05-08, 23:17)ashlar Wrote: But was his/her work lost?
No... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/21469
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-05-08, 23:20)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-05-08, 23:17)ashlar Wrote: But was his/her work lost?
No... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/21469
Well the diffs are there, but is there any way to use them?

scott s.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1