[New Feature] Movie version
So is there no way to install a version with this feature?  That's very disappointing!  I'm a diehard tester, ran all the Leia beta builds, and am very much looking forward to this feature. 

In the interim (if there's not a way to access a build), what is the recommended naming scheme and other prep work I can do?  I have all Blu-ray and DVD rips right now, each stored in its own folder with metadata scraped by MediaElch.  I plan on ripping my 3D and 4K movies next.  Where do I store them?  What do I name them so that (whenever a build DOES become available) they are picked up with minimal fuss?

Any other way I can help with this?  I'm a "script kiddie" in terms of development, can read Python, and am a professional Technical Writer for cloud web services. 

Thanks much!
(2019-03-24, 23:06)menkalos Wrote: So is there no way to install a version with this feature?
No there is not. You would need to fork Kodi and build your own.

(2019-03-24, 23:06)menkalos Wrote: what is the recommended naming scheme and other prep work I can do? 
The naming scheme is explained in the first two posts

(2019-03-24, 23:06)menkalos Wrote: Any other way I can help with this?  I'm a "script kiddie" in terms of development, can read Python, and am a professional Technical Writer for cloud web services. 
With this particular feature you will need to collaborate with @XODIDOX as it is his creation. When he becomes active again he might need some testers.
My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki) || Artwork (wiki) | Basic_controls (wiki) | Import-export_library (wiki) | Movie_sets (wiki) | NFO_files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you very much!   I really appreciate the quick answers.  You folks really rock with the whole Kodi project!  :-)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version51