• 7(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
(2023-10-21, 22:37)ashlar Wrote:
(2023-10-11, 23:53)XODIDOX Wrote: Exciting update on this feature:

I've redesigned this feature, it's now named "Video Versions". And with the solid base of it, I've added the video extras support to Kodi natively (for movie only currently, but it's also possible for TV Shows/Music Videos, etc.). The video versions are in language file now, so they can be localized for different languages. Designing a dedicated dialog to present this information in UI currently. Will update the PR and add some screenshots soon.

Thank you! I strongly hope this can make it in time for Kodi 21. What do you think, @Karellen? Any chance still?

IMHO no chance. Because Kodi is in version Beta. The new features is only with the Alpha version. Perhaps I wrong
(2023-10-21, 22:37)ashlar Wrote: What do you think, @Karellen? Any chance still?
Hmmm, it all depends on when it is submitted. If it was submitted in the before Beta2, there is a chance it would, but I have seen rumblings of feature freeze coming up.
But it will still be submitted to v22 and you can always install a nightly to get access to the feature.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Very little chance for v21 I think as the PR isn't even updated yet.
Thanks for your answers. Surely better to wait for a proper solution (taking all the time needed, I mean) than a half-baked one. But maybe @XODIDOX will surprise us!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I’ve finished this feature (for movie currently) with new design. Will update PR later today.
The PR (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14972) has been updated.
Test build here - https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/wind...on-x64.exe
(2023-10-23, 11:51)Hitcher Wrote: Test build here - https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/wind...on-x64.exe

I looked at the PR updates and I saw lots of things that @XODIDOX mentioned he's gonna update. Would it be better to wait for an updated build or do you think it'll be useful to test this one now?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2023-10-24, 17:00)ashlar Wrote:
(2023-10-23, 11:51)Hitcher Wrote: Test build here - https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/wind...on-x64.exe

I looked at the PR updates and I saw lots of things that @XODIDOX mentioned he's gonna update. Would it be better to wait for an updated build or do you think it'll be useful to test this one now?
The update is minor enough for functionality, they are for coding style. The only notable change is, if there is only one version existing for a movie, if you don't turn on the settings to play the default video version, a version dialog will pop up. I'll update to eliminate this dialog as it's meaningless to select something if you only have one option.
I'm updating the first posts in this thread with the latest information. Hi @Karellen, can we move this thread to a place that have more people after I updated this thread? I want to get more input from people, especially the system defined versions (names, new versions, etc.)
(2023-10-24, 17:27)XODIDOX Wrote:
(2023-10-24, 17:00)ashlar Wrote:

The update is minor enough for functionality, they are for coding style. The only notable change is, if there is only one version existing for a movie, if you don't turn on the settings to play the default video version, a version dialog will pop up. I'll update to eliminate this dialog as it's meaningless to select something if you only have one option.
Ok, I will mirror my userdata folder and test the build in portable mode. Thank you for clarifying.
(2023-10-24, 17:31)XODIDOX Wrote: I'm updating the first posts in this thread with the latest information. Hi @Karellen, can we move this thread to a place that have more people after I updated this thread? I want to get more input from people, especially the system defined versions (names, new versions, etc.)

Where would you like it moved to? We can certainly do that.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2023-10-24, 17:31)XODIDOX Wrote: Hi @Karellen, can we move this thread to a place that have more people after I updated this thread?
Sure. Is Development>Kodi Application more suitable?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-10-24, 19:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-10-24, 17:31)XODIDOX Wrote: Hi @Karellen, can we move this thread to a place that have more people after I updated this thread?
Sure. Is Development>Kodi Application more suitable?
I suppose he'd like a section with more traffic, generally speaking. But I'm not him. :-)

Meanwhile, I tested the available build a bit and... a couple of things.

1) First and foremost. What I am seeing is that once you add a second version to a movie... once you select that movie you are presented with a windows where you can choose what version to play. You select it from the list on the left, the cursor moves on Play. You press Play and... no matter what version you have chosen (confirmed by the path listed at the bottom of the window), the first version gets played.
Tried this already with three different movies.

2) The first version of a movie gets the "Standard version" name by default and, unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to change it. What happened to me is that the first version scanned to database was the 4K version. That's called Standard now. I named the HD version "1080p" but, for consistency within one's library, I think it's important to be able to rename versions.
A third thing (it was the first I noticed and I forgot):

Once you select a movie for playback, you are presented with the window where you choose the version to play.
If you select back, esc, whatever one has mapped in order to exit that window... playback starts (of the first version available, I still have found no way to play back anything that is not the first version).
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1