• 15(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
(2023-11-13, 02:08)Hitcher Wrote: You can change the artwork from the information dialog.
For the container, containing the different versions you can. But I don't see a way to select art for the different versions of a movie. This is what I am referring to. Once you select "show versions as folders", that is. You "go in" and you see the versions listed. But their artwork basically disappears.

I have tested this again before answering you.

EDIT: I see you have Alien in the test screen you posted, with posters and fanart... well, I get this and I have no way to change it. And, before, the separate movies had correct art.

For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
And what happens when you bring up the movie information dialog and select 'choose art'?
I know you're busy but I think there is one more improvement that could be made to the dialog and that's a boolean to know whether it's in 'manage' mode or not. That way skins can have 2 layouts - one for management with all the buttons, and one for simply selecting what you want to play. Even better would be removing the need to press the Play button in the selection mode so it's a simple case of navigation and playing.
(2023-11-13, 02:42)Hitcher Wrote: And what happens when you bring up the movie information dialog and select 'choose art'?
From "inside" the movie versions "folder" the contextual menu does not bring up either info or manage options:

If I press I on the keyboard, Kodi asks to confirm what movie I want info about:

Once I do that, I access the same Info window that I can access when accessing contextual menu from the regular list of movies, by activating it on the movie versions entry (in this case the 12 Strong entry). From there, I can access the regular Movie Versions window and if I go for "Choose Art", select, as an example, "Fanart", this is what I get:

I hope this is clear.

Edit: to clarify, if I select Information on the Movie Versions (12 Strong in this case) entry in the general movie list, I can then choose art but that's only for the "containing folder", not for the single versions inside.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@Hitcher do you have the same user experience or is there something wrong with my installation?
No, but I do have local posters for my versions. Having said that, pressing 'i' to open the movie information dialog and changing artwork from there lets me select from the scraped list.

Pretty sure I was getting exactly the same as ashlar when I looked at trying to set artwork . I couldn't find anyway to get it to pick up remote artwork from the scraper.
Hmmm... the plot thickens. What's different between jjd-uk's and my installation vs Hitcher's?
The obvious thing is the lack of any local art. Will try to find the time to take another look to see if the presence of local art unlocks remote art as well.
Remember I'm using the movie information dialog to choose the artwork not the movie version dialog.
That's exactly how I've tried to set it.
Odd. I did wipe everything and start again with the latest test version.
(2023-11-16, 02:36)jjd-uk Wrote: That's exactly how I've tried to set it.
Same, I've tried every possible way. Of the scraped artwork (since the movies are "born" as single movies initially, fully scraped for) there is no trace anywhere.
Updated the PR with a lot of changes to improve user experience and cosmetics bug fixes. Context menu support for video version management has been added.

@Hitcher, I added HasVideoVersions and IsVideoExtras infolabels, and the id 1 in the video version dialog is the working mode, the value is "manage" or "play" accordingly. Now click the item will play the version directly in play mode.

@ashlar, the artwork handling has been implemented. Now the scrapper information (remote arts) info will be used in each video versions.
(2023-11-19, 04:25)XODIDOX Wrote: @Hitcher, I added HasVideoVersions and IsVideoExtras infolabels, and the id 1 in the video version dialog is the working mode, the value is "manage" or "play" accordingly. Now click the item will play the version directly in play mode.
That's fantastic news, thanks.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1