• 17(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
Thanks @Karellen, jjd-uk's idea sounds good. I'll create separate threads for each topic.
Hi @Hitcher @jjd-uk @scott967, I created a new PR to add the VideoVersionPlay dialog to give more flexibility to skinner

24132 (PR)
Excellent, should be able to have a look later today.
is it possible to make kodi use the old behavior? its very annoying trying to build a large libary from scratch and also the yes/no question will probably not be good when you use headless scraper.

using omega nightly. thanks
(2023-11-27, 20:02)marantz Wrote: is it possible to make kodi use the old behavior?
This is a new feature so there isn't an old behaviour.
Ok, but is there a way to work around the Yes/no popup and make it just run?
(2023-11-27, 21:51)marantz Wrote: Ok, but is there a way to work around the Yes/no popup and make it just run?
@marantz please report problem in the dedicated thread 337992 (thread). @Karellen can you help moving these to that thread? Thanks!

You can change the behavior with these settings:

Settings->Media->Library->Ignore different video versions on scan
This setting will set scanner action for different video versions. When enabled, Kodi will keep current behavior. Otherwise, the scanner will prompt for converting different video versions into additional versions of the original movie.

Settings->Media->Library->Ignore video extras on scan
This setting will set scanner action for video extras in "extras" folder. When enabled, Kodi will keep current behavior. Otherwise, the scanner will add video extras to library for associated movie.

Settings->Player->Videos->Play default video version
This setting will set player action for multiple movie versions. When enabled, Kodi will play the default video version without prompt. Otherwise, for movies with more than one version, Kodi will display a dialog to select the preferred video version."
(2023-11-27, 22:46)XODIDOX Wrote: @Karellen can you help moving these to that thread? Thanks!
Done.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thank you!
The default behaviour should probably be to not interrupt scanning, in order to keep the uninterrupted scanning behaviour from Nexus by default.
@XODIDOX While looking at the Estuary skin changes I've noticed the selected item in the lists does not some to take the selectedcolor attribute for labels.

The colour of the selected shold be user the control of skinners, and this is set by skinners using the selectedcolor xml attribute. You can see this in Estuary here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ts.xml#L19 then the colour name selected is defined in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ts.xml#L18

As the white text for selected item doesn't stand very well for me I've been experimenting with differnet colours, for example to give an orange by setting:

<color name="selected">FFFF7538</color>

I can see this has the desire effect in the Manage Sets dialog for exmple:

However in dialogvideoversion.xml this atrribute seems to be ignored as Theatrical Cut is still white.

Do you do something different from the other Windows/Dialogs to set the selected item and it's attributes?
Please note the above is NOT something urgent to be looked at, since I don't know for certain whether I'll be changed the selected colour, as I'm still experimenting with colours to see if it's worth the change.
I also noticed the same thing that jjd-uk mentioned above and think it should follow the skins selected color.

Recently, I have been playing around with this a bit and noticed a couple more things. If I wanted a movie to have extras added to it without a different version it doesn't quite work as I would expect it to. Wondering if it might be best to somehow split the extras from the versions just a little bit more than what the current implementation can achieve. For example, when I click remove on an extra it is hardcoded to go back to id="50" and I chose to hide that list so it can't be focused. I can do some onunfocus stuff that can workaround that but I'd rather not have to do that if possible.

Thanks Smile
@jjd-uk there is no special handling in VideoVersion dialog, it just binds the lists with the related control ids. The related code is https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...n.cpp#L211

@mikeSiLVO it's not hardcoded to go back to id 50, it's a list refresh, so everything is back to initial state. Are you doing this in a new skin or Estuary? There is a PR to redesign this in Estuary, you can test with that change 24146 (PR).
I am doing this in my own skin. Ok, so I guess my <defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol> is kicking in when clicking remove and the list refreshes.
Will have to do some more tweaking then.

Edit: Maybe adding ListItem.HasVideoExtras when there are any would be better than ListItem.HasVideoVersions being true for either?

Edit 2: ListItem.IsVideoExtras always seems to be false for me. What is supposed to make that bool true?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1