• 29(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
I just noticed an error in the Jan 31 nightly x64 for windows.

This is easiest way to see this if Movie versions is set to show multiple versions as a folder and the Default select action is "Show Information".
I have two versions of the same movie.
I select the movie and it shows both versions in a folder view.  Moving between the two versions changes the icons at the bottom of the screen for time, video type, etc.  All is OK.
From the folder view I select the default video version.  Kodi moves to the Information screen with the icons at the bottom of the screen matching that version.  All is OK.
From the folder view I select the non-default video version. Kodi shows the Information screen but the icons at the bottom of the screen change to show information from the default video version, not the non-default video version.  This isn't correct.  If I selected the non-default video version then the Information screen icons at the bottom should reflect the selected non-default video version.
I also found a bug in the Jan 31 nightly x64 for windows. I'm adapting Aeon Tajo to work with this new option, and i noticed that when disabling the option "Show videos with multiple versions as a folder" everything works ok, Kodi gives information about the default movie version...

...however when enabling the option "Show videos with multiple versions as a folder" some information disappears...

As you can see at the bottom, Kodi keeps the information about video but loses the information about audio. I'm using here ListItem.Property(AudioChannels.1), ListItem.Property(AudioChannels.2)... ListItem.Property(AudioCodec.1), ListItem.Property(AudioCodec.2)... ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1), ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2)... All of them are empty when enabling Show videos with multiple versions as a folder.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
I don't see any issue in Estuary but we don't use that ListItem.Property(AudioChannels.n) style of infolabels. So it's probably only ListItem.Property types for where there are multiple audio tracks, I will check that I see the same if I change what Estuary uses.
I see exact same thing if a add a label to Estuary

"Show videos with multiple versions as a folder" set to disabled

"Show videos with multiple versions as a folder" set to enabled.

@manfeed: fix at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24645 pending approval

@zoopere: not happening for me on current master with Estuary, default and non-default versions get the proper media indicators at the bottom of the info dialog.
Maybe it's another skin-specific thing
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-02-05, 01:46)CrystalP Wrote: @manfeed: fix at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24645 pending approval
I can confirm that installing the latest nightly (2024-02-06) it's been fixed. Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
First of all, I would like to say thanks to all involved in the development of this new feature. I admire your work, since it really adds a lot to the Kodi media experience. Congratulations!

I have tested the latest available Omega version (2024-Feb-09) and I’ve seen that even it’s still a WIP, everything works reasonably well. However, I would like to make some suggestions, from an user’s standpoint, not for Omega, since I know there's no time left, but for future Kodi versions.

It’s great to see how now Kodi adds automatically the videos under the folder ‘extras’ to the extras of that movie. I can’t help thinking that something similar could be done if Kodi could add automatically the movie versions located in a folder named ‘versions’ under the main movie folder. Why? As an user wanting to test this feature, I wondered where would be best to put my movie versions. The wiki says: “As this is a Library feature, how the files are stored on your hard drives does not affect Video Versions. Your video files can continue to be in their own folder, on different drives or in a single folder”. That’s fine, but when first scanning the videos currently we have two options:

1.- To let Kodi scan without stopping, adding all the movies, and afterward, the user has to define manually the parent version, and add the rest to it.

2.- To let Kodi stop in each version found, to ask to what parent movie belongs that version. The problem here is that maybe Kodi selects as the parent a version that you don’t want it to be, so when scanning ends, the user has to correct the situation.

Both methods are ok, but they are time consuming. That’s the reason why I suggest to add the above mentioned ‘versions’ folder option. That way the user would put under the main folder the parent version, and under that main folder, in a folder named ‘versions’ all the child versions, like in here...

That way Kodi would know in the first scan and without asking which is the preferred parent version and to what movie belong the child versions, much like the way that it currently does with the ‘extras’ folder. As I said, I don’t mean to change the current scanning behaviour, but to add this option, since once your media is organized this way, I think that scannings would be quicker and more exact. Just my 2 cents… Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback and the ideas! Defining a file structure / naming convention is on the agenda of v22 to let the computer do most of the tedious work.

edit: for v21 you may have noticed that which movie is used as parent doesn't actually matter much, since the "default" version can be changed at any time.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
@manfeed the plan is to eventually use a file naming convention so they're scanned automatically as versions without any interaction from the user.
hi

I would like to share my experience with this new feature.

The issue is that it detects two movies with names that are close to each other and made in years that are look like each other as the same movie. so for example there is a movie called Escape plan (2013) and a norwegain movie called Escape (2013) and this feature detected that Escape is a version of Escape plan. Then a movie called Leave (2022) was detected as a version of a movie called Decision to Leave (2022). Then a movie called Possession (2022) is detected as a version of the movie Possession (2002). The movie Ragnarock (2013) is detected as a version of Thor Ragnarock (2017), and so on. From new 50 movies were scraped around 40 were detected as a version of an existing one, and all wrong.

I have to confirm "No" for every movie. This makes scraping the library a long process with a lot of manual interventions. the auto method will only allow me to automatically add the new scraped movies as versions of the existing ones and that would be wrong.

this inaccuracy of detecting movies wasn't happening before this feature. on the other hand, as I understand, it is the scraper who is responsible for recognizing and scraping the movie, so why all of a sudden the scraper is being inaccurate? or does this feature have some influence on that?
I'm using kodi omega v21 beta A2 and universal movie scraper. 

Another thing is that the notification says that the new add movie is discovered to be a version of an original and gives me the name and path of the new one but doesn't tell me which one that it thinks is the original so to figure out how this works I had to choose "yes" first just to see what it detects as original is true or false and did that for about 5 movies thinking that I have duplicates / same movies but then looked into my movies folders and they were all falsely detected as versions and I had to remove all the newly added movies from the kodi library/database and re-scrap again then this time choose "no" whenever the notification popup appears. tis too much work man!

I want to completely deactivate this feature so that none of the new movies are being detected as version of anything that I have.

can you please help me deactivate or remove this feature?

nordicguy
The setting Ignore different video versions on scan governs the automatic version detection.

With it Disabled then Kodi will attempt to automatically identify versions and will interrupt the scan if it detects anything it thinks maybe a versions.

With it Enabled then Kodi will not attempt any version detection so it should proceed uninterrupted as happened before the version feature was introduced. So make sure you have this setting enabled.

When feature was added this setting was disabled by default and so the auto-detection was done by default. However this was been changed some time ago for that setting to be enabled by default to keep the previous uninterrupted scan behaviour, so only those that want versions need to disabled it.

Note - that with this setting enabled video version feature is not completely turned off, it just prevents Kodi attempting the auto-detection on any library scan/update. However you can still add versions manually if you so wish.
(2024-02-11, 16:28)nordicguy Wrote: can you please help me deactivate or remove this feature?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_versions#Settings

Enable this settings:

Settings ► Media ► Library ► Video Library ► Ignore different video versions on scan

You've either enabled it yourself or used a previous nightly before this was the default setting.
perfect. nice that you guys thought of everything Smile
So much changed since beta2.
The year is taken into account in the matching process and the name part must be an exact match, so there should be few to no false detection.
If that doesn't work then there may be confusion in the unique ids of the scraper.
Hello

Great work on this.

It will be great if this does the job automatically. On a large library with several movies with different versions it's not practical.

Also I tried this with mysql and do not seem to be working. When scanning movies if it founds a duplicate it asks for the type of version (let's say that the second version is 4k) , I choose that version and it continues scanning, but when it finish and I select one of the movies that I know that has duplicates it only shows the one that was first scanned and says that there is no other versions. The same way if I play one of those movies it do not offer to select the version that I want to play.

Thank you
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1