v18 Kodi 18 crashes 2-4 seconds after startup if the network was enabled
(2019-02-02, 16:54)Endur Wrote: Have to bug you all again... Have tested today Kodi 18.1 RC, but got the same crash as ever. The crash comes after avg. 10 seconds, it's really a frustration, have to go back to 17.6 once more Sad
Have it tried without any addons installed also...

Any hope that this will be fixed or at least inspected? As said I'm a Linux programmer (mostly C), would like to help...
 Found: If under Services -> "Allow control from applications of this device" is disabled, (this is enabled by default) Kodi 18 Leia is now fully working for my device. So this is clearly a Kodi bug.
In result the workaround is to disable that before updating to Kodi Leia Wink
Information 
More exact: 
"Allow remote control from applications on this system" under "Services"
has to be turned off, otherwise Kodi 18 crashes after some seconds. This was definitely the fix / workaround! Angel
(2019-02-07, 08:16)Endur Wrote: More exact: 
"Allow remote control from applications on this system" under "Services"
has to be turned off, otherwise Kodi 18 crashes after some seconds. This was definitely the fix / workaround! Angel
Hi 
I've beelink ultimate GT1 with CoreElec 9.0.1 (Kodi 18.1) using NFS Share on linux Server, I've the same problem.
After disabled the "Allow remote control from applications on this system" the problem still exists, after 20/30 minutes the system crash.
I tryed to play the movie on usb stick I watched that without problem 
I tryed with the originan Android rom (kodi 17.x) without problem, same hardware and network NFS.
I think the problem is when play movies from the network
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 crashes 2-4 seconds after startup if the network was enabled0