Android MI BOX S no DTS-HD or HD MASTER etc
If you need one more tester just say, normally I can have my AVR working with DTS MA, but after a minutes is gone or start to slow down the video... I only can achieve this using VLC, the other way I now use is the raw format, it transmits without transformation or standart, directly to AVR.
I have a Mi Stick (the cheapest).

I'm happy to report passthrough options appear and work on Kodi if you go to the stick's "Settings > Audio > Digital audio formats > Manual" and then enable whatever you need (in my case Dolby Digital and DTS). Before changing this setting I had no passthrough options enabled on Kodi.

After playing with the settings on Kodi a little bit (I had to "Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding"), I was able to get 5.1 audio.
It's a bit of an old thread. Could someone please clarify the current state of this for the latest MI Box S.

I am looking to potentially get one to go HDMI from the MI to my Hi-Fi amp then HDMI from my amp to a 4K tv. Giving me 4k on my TV and 5.1 Dolby/DTS out my amp. Does it work like this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MI BOX S no DTS-HD or HD MASTER etc0