• 11(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
Paul the link to your dropbox is invalid. Could you re-post it or choose a different place where we could all download it please?
Migsse Wrote:Paul the link to your dropbox is invalid. Could you re-post it or choose a different place where we could all download it please?
here you are the latest ps3 plugin i could find http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3921965/XBMC/PS3.zip:)
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Exclamation 
So I finally got my PS3 remote to pair with Windows XP with no code last night! Big Grin I was very happy until I went to fire up eventghost, and it didn't recognize any input. I have followed every bit of advice up to this point in this thread and I still can't seem to get it to work.

I noticed that my PS3 remote shows up as a BT remote in windows, and I tried deleting it, and repairing it to get it to show as a HID device, but that isn't working. I think this is where my problem is, so does anyone have ANY advice?

I'm using an ASUS bt usb adapter, and Dogg's EG config. Thanks in advance!

Cool
Nevermind... the issue cleared up once I restarted the computer. Now it works like a champ. Other than the remote going to sleep and not being able to wake up (after watching a movie)... I LOVE this setup. I noticed that it now WONT work on the Playstation, no matter what I do it won't work, which is weird but not a showstopper.

Cool
in ubuntu lucid, i was able to resume from suspend through the ps3 remote, as the bluetooth dongle / bluetooth daemon was not entierly suspended (its led was blinking). in ubunut maverick, this does not seem to be the case anymore, the dongle is powered off during sleep (status led not blinking anymore).

does anybody know how this behaviour can be controlled, i.e. how i can prevent the bluetooth dongle from suspending?
answering my own question: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=614...tcount=516
A friend of mine tried to configure EventGhost in order to let PS3 Remote work with our XBMC.

He almost done.
But he had problems setting up the directional arrows as they are in classic Xbox Remote (old one).

I mean that, once XBMC is launched, the arrows should let you move through the menus when you are not playing a video, and should let you jump forward and backward while you're playing it (up=+10 min, down=-10 min, right=+30 sec, left=-30 sec).

Could you guys help him out, posting the "arrow configuration part" of PS3 remote in EventGhost so that he can fix it?

Thanks.
I just map those keys on the remote to keyboard emulation, then they work great in XBMC and in other programs (like hulu desktop) as well. I like to map the arrows on the remote to arrows on the keyboard and the center "enter" button to 'enter' on the keyboard. You can also map the triangle and the circle to 'escape' and 'backspace'

I am not currently at the computer that has eventGhost on it but let me know if you need the EG xml file and I will send it when I am on the other machine.
VoxCommando.com
you can paste this into your eventGhost tree. My events are based on a media center remote so you'll have to re-assign events for your ps3remote.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1462">
    <Folder Name="keyboard" Expanded="True">
        <Macro Name="Emulate Keystrokes: {Up}" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="MceRemote.Mce.Up" />
            <Action>
                Window.SendKeys(u'{Up}', False)
            </Action>
            <Action>
                EventGhost.AutoRepeat(0.59999999999999998, 0.29999999999999999, 0.01, 3.0)
            </Action>
        </Macro>
        <Macro Name="Emulate Keystrokes: {Down}" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="MceRemote.Mce.Down" />
            <Action>
                Window.SendKeys(u'{Down}', False)
            </Action>
            <Action>
            </Action>
        </Macro>
        <Macro Name="Emulate Keystrokes: {Left}" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="MceRemote.Mce.Left" />
            <Action>
                Window.SendKeys(u'{Left}', False)
            </Action>
            <Action>
            </Action>
        </Macro>
        <Macro Name="Emulate Keystrokes: {Right}" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="MceRemote.Mce.Right" />
            <Action>
                Window.SendKeys(u'{Right}', False)
            </Action>
            <Action>
            </Action>
        </Macro>
        <Macro Name="Emulate Keystrokes: {Return}" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="MceRemote.Mce.Ok" />
            <Action>
                Window.SendKeys(u'{Return}', False)
            </Action>
        </Macro>
        <Macro Name="Emulate Keystrokes: Escape" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="MceRemote.Mce.Details" />
            <Action>
                Window.SendKeys(u'{Escape}', False)
            </Action>
        </Macro>
        <Macro Name="Emulate Keystrokes: {Backspace}" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="MceRemote.Mce.Back" />
            <Action>
                Window.SendKeys(u'{Backspace}', False)
            </Action>
        </Macro>
    </Folder>
</EventGhost>
VoxCommando.com
Thanks James,
you are very kind.

I'm used to the Xbox (old one) Remote. I'm still using old Xbox + XBMC in my house. Now I really like to move to a HTPC (that I own) trying to keep using XBMC as I did till now.

For this reason I helped my friend that is using EvenGhost mapping the PS3 Remote as It would be the old Xbox Remote. Arrows, title, back, enter. He did a great job but for the arrows that gave him that problem.

Would you be so kind to send me your EventGhost PS3 file?
If you want I can send mine.

My email: [email protected]
Thanks again.

One more thing.
I just created a way (following tutorials) to plug the DVD Dongle of the old Xbox Remote to my Pc. It is running Win7 x64. Do you know where I could try to get working drivers? Do I need EventGhost too?
Snowball Wrote:One more thing.
I just created a way (following tutorials) to plug the DVD Dongle of the old Xbox Remote to my Pc. It is running Win7 x64. Do you know where I could try to get working drivers? Do I need EventGhost too?

sorry I have no idea about this. google it. I was able to do something similar with an xbox game controller using xbcd, but I don't know about the remote.

http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html
VoxCommando.com
maybe this? but I don't know if it works on Win7
http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd_rc.html
VoxCommando.com
This might not be the place but, it's related.

Since ATV2 has BT built-in, can this remote (the ps3 bt remote) be paired to work as a "keyboard" for the xbmc? Smile
Zerogoki Wrote:Sure.

PS3 Config Custom.xml

Every time I play with it I make some tweak so for those that are interested I can post updates every now and then of my newer versions. Or if there are any ideas on new on new functionality I can try and incorporate them.
With the newest version of eventghost (0.4.1.r1512, May 28 2011), it's missing XBMC plugin. Is has one called XBMC2. Is that the correct one to use? If not How do I get the correct one?

Is their a better plugin to use?

So far I have got the ps3 remote showing evens in the EG window, but in XBMC is doesn't do anything.
yes XBMC2 is the correct plugin to use, but you need to assign button events from your ps3 remote to the desired actions for the XBMC2 plugin to work. It is not done automatically. The good news is that you can decide what buttons will do what, and you can even create key combinations, or have a single button press do multiple things (macro).

if you are going to use EventGhost you should first read this:

http://www.eventghost.org/docs/short_manual/index.html

you may also getting better support by posting your questions in the appropriate eventGhost forums (maybe). Certainly, if you have questions about the xbmc2 plugin your should post over there where the developer of that plugin will see it.
VoxCommando.com
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2