Looking to synchronize files between multiple devices with Kodi
Hi,

I had done some kodi addon development in the past

I want to help a friend to make this kind of addons:

He will like to make a service that synchronize favorites, video restore point, playlist, iptv and epg files among many devices he own.

In the config of the service, he will determine which device will be the master ( to send the files) or the slave (receive the file).

The service of kodi will store on a "cloud" ideally all the master files of a user.

By example, a PC will contain the master for the favorites and a tablet will contain the master for the playlist

The synch of the files will be done when you launch kodi on a device, so the "cloud" will be read and the devices will receives all the master files at once.

The goal is to make sure that all the devices contain the last version of their master file among them

I will like a "cloud" solution because it would more flexible more specifically with video restore point.
The user by example can watch a movie then stop it, the next day, he continues at the same restore point on his phone and at lunch time he can continue with wifi and finish when at home, on the android tv box

I dig up some solutions but I cannot find a suitable solution for him and for the users

Like google cloud is a paid service so it is a no no

FTP is ok, but too risky because if someone malicious find the info even encrypted some problems could arises

have read among Google Cloud service, but paid services, Dropbox ask to install with pip, Mega.co.nz the same it requires pip to install or users have to get an API key, which not all user can do.

Looked also FTP but not secured. I just need a bit of code to upload a file and download it. The rest I can do.

Other solutions requires also to do some pip installations and I know that kodi is minimal on the tool it has. Unless there is a trick to do so.

Please Can you guide me a bit?
please delete this post it seem that nobody can answer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking to synchronize files between multiple devices with Kodi0