KayoSport Plugin
Hello,
               Not sure if this is something that might be a possibility to build for Kodi so that https://kayosports.com.au can be used from inside Kodi. Bit of noise around it as there is finally a streaming service at a reduced price that offers a decent sports selection for  AU (supposedly with more content to come).

thoughts?

thanks
Hello @rjay

Haven't heard of them, but they seem legit... News.com article

I'll move your post to Add-on Requests.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sounds great Smile they are starting to get some traction over here by the looks yep.

Notice an article by this NZ'er who might be keen on some Dev around this addon https://www.matthuisman.nz/2018/06/looki...ogins.html

I have dropped him an email to check out current status Smile

cheers
Actually, he is the add-on developer I thought might show an interest
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
cool, he responded saying no one has given him credentials yet to test. I will sign up for a trial and if it is decent will pass on some test credentials Smile
I always advise use caution when giving developers access to your personal account.

Most services don't feature "Guest" accounts; you are potentially exposing a lot of personal data.

Most services offer a free trial account... and when that fails you can always offer a small donation to cover the service for 1 month.

I personally do not like developers out right asking and collecting user logins...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Yes I tend to agree on that regarding the credentials, I will discuss with the developer at that point, possibly a donation would be a better option Smile

thanks
I require logins to the services so when something changes, I can fix it quickly.

If I build an add-on using a trial login and the service changes & breaks the add-on, I have no way of fixing it.
Then I get the pleasure of dealing with all the comments about a broken add-on.

I'd rather not make it in the first place than deal with that.

I also don't accept donations to pay for services, as it's no different to the problem with trials above.

I only request logins from users already using that service.
That way it's not costing them anything extra to try to help create an add-on for it.
I also strongly suggest they change their passwords to something unique just for that service before sharing.

But, it is the wild west internet - so I can fully understand the trust issues users may face Smile
thanks for visiting the thread to reply Matt, I appreciate it.

It is a hard situation like you said with the wild west of the internet/security and credentials. I also appreciate that it is a great deal of time that devs invest on behalf of users to get apps/plugins up and running. Its actually a pity that some of the services don't off up developer logins for systems like Kodi.

I was going to sign up for the trial this weekend but it was announced this morning that Foxtel might not have all the rights to Supercross this season as NBC Sports group are getting them which means Kayosports may not have Supercross for Aussies #facpalm. So might have to look at a different option for myself Sad

Kayosports plugin I would say will still be popular with crew tho as most other sports like footy etc are going to be on it Smile
(2018-12-14, 00:25)matthuisman Wrote: I require logins to the services so when something changes, I can fix it quickly.

If I build an add-on using a trial login and the service changes & breaks the add-on, I have no way of fixing it.
Then I get the pleasure of dealing with all the comments about a broken add-on.

I'd rather not make it in the first place than deal with that.

I also don't accept donations to pay for services, as it's no different to the problem with trials above.

I only request logins from users already using that service.
That way it's not costing them anything extra to try to help create an add-on for it.
I also strongly suggest they change their passwords to something unique just for that service before sharing.

But, it is the wild west internet - so I can fully understand the trust issues users may face Smile
@matthuisman I don't doubt you have good intentions...

I was speaking generally... I'm sure many appreciate your contributions. However; Asking/Collecting personal user accounts isn't healthy behavior for many reasons.

Typically a trial account, sponsored account or if possible a developer account from the host is the "norm".
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KayoSport Plugin0