Possible to upgrade a UBOX4 C800 Plus TV box?
Question 
Hi all,

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post a question about hardware on the forum.  If I'm not, I apologise and I hope you can please just delete it.

I'm really new to the world of Kodi and also that of TV Boxes.

My girlfriend and I recently bought an Unblock UBOX4 C800 Plus TV box which I have installed Kodi onto eventually (having figured out along the way that this TV box is running Android 4.4 and consequently cannot run Kodi 17.6 :-( ).

Anyway, my question right now is whether anyone who has one of these boxes has come across any way to re-rom the box to Android 5.1 or above so that I can get current with Kodi.

Cheers!

TJ
(2018-12-13, 10:03)TechJock Wrote: I'm not sure if I am allowed to post a question about hardware on the forum.  If I'm not, I apologise and I hope you can please just delete it.
We have a hardware forum section for ... hardware questions. Smile

(2018-12-13, 10:03)TechJock Wrote: My girlfriend and I recently bought an Unblock UBOX4 C800 Plus TV box
If you can still RMA it, do so. As you found out, it's a device with a pretty old Android version on it.
It does pay off to do a bit of investigation on what is a suitable media player for your purposes. There are a couple of threads on this forum dealing with just that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to upgrade a UBOX4 C800 Plus TV box?0