Kodi video stutters when playing 1080p60
Dear all,
KODI is working perfectly with all video sources but with ones taken with my Samsung S9+ in 1080p60 or 4Kp60. When playing those resources on my TV Philips 65PUS7803 or Android box H96Pro+, video is stuttering heavily. I am pasting log, so please if someone can have quick look if something is wrong in it. My TV and Android box are supporting 60fps for Full HD and 4K videos, so it should not be the problem. I have setting in KODI "Adjust refresh rate" ON (and I tried OFF) without difference.

Log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ejurirujab.kodi

Thanks.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Corrected log provided in my original post.
You've missed one - repository.kodibae
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Also v17 is out of support and fixes.
Try v18
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-12-28, 13:22)Stile35 Wrote: Corrected log provided in my original post.
Sorry, but providing the same log file but edited is not what we have in mind.
Either you provide the log of an actually cleaned Kodi setup, or you can find your support elsewhere.

Also, as already indicated:
Also v17 is out of support and fixes.
Try v18
OK, I was not aware that clean KODI version needs to be installed in order to provide log. As soon as I install clean v18, I will repost new log (of course, if stuttering continues on new version). Thanks.
I am revisiting this thread, problem still persists with playing 1080p60 videos in KODI 1.8 RC4. Here is log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/gigoluquwu.kodi

Problems with DVD and DVD ISO stuttering as well as with DVD menus are solved in this version. Thank you for this.

Please, have a look at provided LOG and let propose some solution?

Thanks...
Your Philips is too slow. Try with their internal player, if that works -> config an external player for those files.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-01-04, 11:57)fritsch Wrote: Your Philips is too slow. Try with their internal player, if that works -> config an external player for those files.
You are telling that from my log? MX player works perfectly on same TV but I want to use one player for all.
Also, same problem occurs on H96Pro+ and I doubt it is slow with 8 processors and 3GB.
I have problem only with 60fps videos. Also 4K plays perfectly on my "slow" TV.
It should be something with Kodi.
Jep, exactly. And every other player that uses private hacked API (like libstagefright, etc.) will most likely work nicely with your Philips. Kodi's policy is to use only the stable Android API provided - 4 years ago we had to maintain 4 different HW acceleration methods on Android alone. With one Maintainer left, this is just not possible.

Also remember: Kodi is not a standard desktop application but using OpenGLES which puts additional load on the GPU.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi video stutters when playing 1080p600