Kodi unable to play high bit rate videos ?...
I am running Kodi on my XBOX One S, and while it got a strong Solid 5 Ghz connection to my 802.11ac router, i am unable to play certain 2160p videos recorded with my camera on my screen, the picture motion is glitchy and that is either because of the extremely high bitrate of the video (around 50 Mbps+), the xbox cpu cant support that, or simply because Kodi cant play videos on such high bitrate, so which is it ?...

i dont think this is related to my network bandwidth simply because am running on 1300 Mbps and the real throughput of my network is around half that amount which exceeds the bitrate of the video itself, any idea how to fix that or at least what is causing it ?...

also am running 18.0 Beta, kodi keeps asking me to upgrade to the latest version but the only version on microsoft app center is 18.0 Beta, help is appreciated...
50+Mpbs of what video format? and at what fps rate?
h264, mpeg, avi? HEVC/h265 would be a better and more optimized solution using a fraction of that current bit rate. Although 50 isn't that high.
(2018-12-29, 11:58)aliitp Wrote: I am running Kodi on my XBOX One S, and while it got a strong Solid 5 Ghz connection to my 802.11ac router, i am unable to play certain 2160p videos recorded with my camera on my screen, the picture motion is glitchy and that is either because of the extremely high bitrate of the video (around 50 Mbps+), the xbox cpu cant support that, or simply because Kodi cant play videos on such high bitrate, so which is it ?...

i dont think this is related to my network bandwidth simply because am running on 1300 Mbps and the real throughput of my network is around half that amount which exceeds the bitrate of the video itself, any idea how to fix that or at least what is causing it ?...

also am running 18.0 Beta, kodi keeps asking me to upgrade to the latest version but the only version on microsoft app center is 18.0 Beta, help is appreciated...
 Wi-fi can't handle that high of a bitrate. Your peak speed is less important than your average speed.
(2018-12-29, 18:58)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-12-29, 11:58)aliitp Wrote: I am running Kodi on my XBOX One S, and while it got a strong Solid 5 Ghz connection to my 802.11ac router, i am unable to play certain 2160p videos recorded with my camera on my screen, the picture motion is glitchy and that is either because of the extremely high bitrate of the video (around 50 Mbps+), the xbox cpu cant support that, or simply because Kodi cant play videos on such high bitrate, so which is it ?...

Wi-fi can't handle that high of a bitrate. Your peak speed is less important than your average speed. 
 I dont think so, my wifi is pretty stable at around 500 Mbps and the signal is SOLID, video bitrate is nothing compared to the available throughput in my home network, am surprised the XBOX ONE S cant run 50 Mbps 4k video!, looks like 5 fps when i run it Huh  i hope someone running kodi on XBOX ONE S can comment on that whether it is a limitation in the xbox itself cant run 4k videos, or is it a kodi related issue ??...

and yes the codec is h.265 ...
(2019-01-03, 08:18)aliitp Wrote: looks like 5 fps when i run it
As we still don't have a crystal ball around, it's time to cough up your debug enabled kodi.log file, so we can see some more of what's going on inside. Keep guessing what might be the issue is obviously not going to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi unable to play high bit rate videos ?...0