Android Add a new source from SD Card
Hi All,

All my movies data including posters and fanarts files are stored on SD Card on my Tab S2 so I wanted to create all the sources directly from the SD Card.

When I tried to Add videos and find the SD Card path, Kodi didn't propose the SD Card path with all my movies.

So I tried to follow the below guide
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_dat...or_Android

But nothing has changed: Kodi still does not propose me the SD Card path to find my movie data with all the posters fanarts and movies files.

Did I follow the correct guide?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Same problem here. I'm trying to add a music folder as source, this folder is on an SD card. I can't browse to the SD card.
Also there is something strange : in settings > media> library > manage sources, I can see my SD card, but the right click / long press on the SD card does not show an option to remove this source...
It's already been mounted by the OS, so isn't being seen as removable or as a source (yet).

To add items from it and make a source on it, navigate to the folder you want to have as the root of the new source in the videos>files menu, and then from there select change content (if I remember well, it may be set content).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi,
I have similar issues.
I'm running kodi 18.9 on samsung tab s7 with android 11. I have my movies  stored on  a Nas and  on Tab S7 SD card. Every thing is fine with movies on the nas, but I have issue with the ones on the SDcard.
After several tries, finally I manage to set video content in settings > media> library > manage sources, I can see my SD card, and with the right click / long press on the SD card load and  set the content  the folder of the movies.
Also folder contents scan starts as usual. At the end of the process I can access and  select the movies an play them within kodi, but filters (node library) I created, that works ok with the nas files, does not work with the ones on SDCard (empty lists). It seems that the scanning of the content does not work properly when the location is the SD card as the Myvideo116.db is  quite small when source is the SDcard
I tried also toadd the location manually as a source (i.e. /storage/0A9E-B935/Movies/Film/) with same results.
Any suggestion to solve this issue.
Many thanks
(2023-06-17, 20:16)tiaderosa Wrote: Hi,
I have similar issues.
I'm running kodi 18.9 ...

in order to avoid trying to diagnose problems that are potentially already fixed did you check if this occurs in the current release version 20.1 or even a pre-release or nightly? - https://kodi.tv/download/android

in general software support should be for the current version and 1 version behind, since your version is 11 iterations behind it may not be an effective use of time to chase problems with it and there will be no backport fixes available
(2023-06-17, 20:22)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-06-17, 20:16)tiaderosa Wrote: Hi,
I have similar issues.
I'm running kodi 18.9 ...

in order to avoid trying to diagnose problems that are potentially already fixed did you check if this occurs in the current release version 20.1 or even a pre-release or nightly? - https://kodi.tv/download/android

in general software support should be for the current version and 1 version behind, since your version is 11 iterations behind it may not be an effective use of time to chase problems with it and there will be no backport fixes available

Ok thanks, I understand.
No, I haven't tried with the latest release...
I'll try in the next days.. Is there a way to install Kodi 20.x without removing 18.9 ?
it would have an unpredictable outcome since you are jumping a major version gap, best to back up everything and a start a fresh install
(2023-06-17, 23:56)jepsizofye Wrote: it would have an unpredictable outcome since you are jumping a major version gap, best to back up everything and a start a fresh install

Hi, thanks for your replay. 
What I meat is to have two different istance of kodi on the same android device. For example on windows you can easily do that with the portable installation of kodi.
no this is not possible on android so long as using kodi official versions

the package name on official versions is 'org.xbmc.kodi' and android uses this to determine where to store each apps data

android will often compare signing certificates of packages using that package name as well and may refuse to even install a newer version if the cert differs, from 18.9 to 20.1 it likely did change as they tend to expire

if you manage to overcome that and get android to replace 18.9 with 20.1 it will be unlikely you will be able to downgrade again

18.9 also uses older database versions which may or may not migrate to 20.1

18.9 addons may or may not work with 20.1 so those that were not maintained will not be upgradeable

so, it is still recommended to start a fresh install after backing up 18.9

if you are an advanced level user it is possible to move the entire kodi folder to a usb drive so it is out of the way

with that, it would be possible to move the folder, uninstall kodi 18.9, install kodi 20.1 then copy the folder back after an initial startup

requires starting kodi at least once, issuing an 'am force-stop', removing the new kodi folder then copying back the old folder - copy not move in case things do not work

none of that would be easy or recommendable if you are not familiar with adb on android and still recommended to start a fresh install after backing up 18.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add a new source from SD Card0