2 H/W choices. What is your opinion?
I’m in between two hardware choices and thought of asking the public on which you think is the best way to go. What you use, price wise and what makes the most sense in general.

Right now I use 1080p but I’ll be upgrading to a 4K HDR TV/AVR later on, so I would like to be future proof. I use torrents, as well as a Harmony Hub to control everything.

First choice:
Win10 NUC8 i3 with SSD for the OS and 2TB internal HDD for main storage.
(If I need more storage down the road, I will add an external HDD but I will try not to need more storage).

Second choice:
A 4TB gigabit NAS for storing, torrenting and a Vero 4K+ to stream the content.

The first choice is the easiest for me since I’ve been using a similar Windows setup for years.
The second feels a bit scarier since I have no experience with it whatsoever.

So what do you guys use and think?
I like both, Windows for the same reason you stated, but when my HTPC died last year, I went with the Vero and overall it's been fine.
A few hiccups here and there but the support forum over there is pretty good and it's cheaper than the NUC & ssd and ram, Windows etc.
(2019-01-02, 20:44)Temujin Wrote: I like both, Windows for the same reason you stated, but when my HTPC died last year, I went with the Vero and overall it's been fine.
A few hiccups here and there but the support forum over there is pretty good and it's cheaper than the NUC & ssd and ram, Windows etc.

Changing Kodi platform and setup is not easy. Smile

What issues have you encountered?
And what do you use for storage?
Mix of two 4 bay hdd enclosures, and 1 8TB external hdd attached to the Vero with a usb hub. No issues there. Had soem drives dropping where it didn't on my htpc bit think it was a bad enclosure.
some issues with hanging on very large files (like 60gb+), and some transfer issues across my network - jury still on if it's my network or the Vero.
(2019-01-02, 18:29)The_MjW Wrote: Second choice:
A 4TB gigabit NAS for storing, torrenting and a Vero 4K+ to stream the content.

Plug n Play, that would be an ideal setup, especially for 4K HDR.

Keep the NAS and Torrenting device seperate from the actual 4K HDR media player.
Connect everything via Gigabit Ethernet and use a responsive Wireless RF remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 H/W choices. What is your opinion?0